• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Short supply of the X to boost sales of 8/8+

Apple should've cancelled the release of the 8/8+ and focus all the production on the X

Next year, they should end production of the Series 6 and 7 phones..and release what the 8/8+ as SE models. So they should have 3 sizes of SE and the X platform as the flagship phone.

I really don't think apple intended for the X to be a everyman phone. It's $1300 out the door for a 64gb with applecare, add $200 for a 256gb.

Personally, i'm hovering at the 6 figure mark myself and i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 64gb 8. The X is totally feasible but like Bert said, I can't rationalize the value at that price point.

I really don't think apple intended for the X to be a everyman phone. It's $1300 out the door for a 64gb with applecare, add $200 for a 256gb.

Personally, i'm hovering at the 6 figure mark myself and i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 64gb 8. The X is totally feasible but like Bert said, I can't rationalize the value at that price point.

People are overblowing the whole $1000 thing.

All these phones are rediculous now but a large percentage of customers dont care because of all of these monthly payment/upgrade plans.

The X is gonna be 50 or so a month - not too many people opt to pay full price for the phone anymore. Esp someone who wants to have the latest-

6 figures 4 figures it doesnt really matter- that 30-50 is priced into monthly phone plans in peoples minds nowadays.

$699 doesn't sound so ridiculous to me but I hear you, sounds like a overall societal short sight. I look at that $50 a month and think $600 a year to rent is OD. I think i'm just gonna buy the 8 straight up and be done with it all. If I didn't lose my 6s there's a good chance I would have skipped on all of this, nothing has blown me away in years tbh.

$699 doesn't sound so ridiculous to me but I hear you, sounds like a overall societal short sight. I look at that $50 a month and think $600 a year to rent is OD. I think i'm just gonna buy the 8 straight up and be done with it all. If I didn't lose my 6s there's a good chance I would have skipped on all of this, nothing has blown me away in years tbh.

Yea not saying its right or wrong just that not many are gonna look at it like its $1000 phone- esp when the souped up 8+ is right behind it at what $800?

Also its only "renting" if u return it- you still have the option of paying it thru and then you own it to do what you want

Its basically a 0% payment plan

Never paid for apple care :smokin

What we look like? This #teamraw **** ain't got no safety net fam.

Yeah the X is def a prototype. Anybody who truly wants the X I say wait it out til next year. Apple will perfect what they are trying to do with the X. They'll be a bigger model, more gigs, more MP on the camera and more than likely more colors since the back is glass instead of anodized

with a glass front and back y’all are some brave soles. i’m not trying to shell out $150 it if it slips out of my hand

1ba.jpg

What we look like? This #teamraw **** ain't got no safety net fam.

Yeah the X is def a prototype. Anybody who truly wants the X I say wait it out til next year. Apple will perfect what they are trying to do with the X. They'll be a bigger model, more gigs, more MP on the camera and more than likely more colors since the back is glass instead of anodized
Idk
What if this is a one off thing
And Apple changes it
And this was only for the 10th anniversary

I think it's funny that people are saying it's outrageous that the X costs $1,000 when it is literally a pocket computer that can recognize your face at an insane amount of detail, be your personal assistant, take amazing quality pictures, and give you any information you want at the touch of a button. All this being able insanely slim and able to fit in the palm of your hand

I think it's funny that people are saying it's outrageous that the X costs $1,000 when it is literally a pocket computer that can recognize your face at an insane amount of detail, be your personal assistant, take amazing quality pictures, and give you any information you want at the touch of a button. All this being able insanely slim and able to fit in the palm of your hand

Meh just paid $1300 for a brand new MacBook Pro

That's worth the money IMO

same amount of money for a cellphone? Meh

When people say "for a cellphone" you're just trivializing what the modern smartphone actually is.

Exactly. Dudes talking like these are 2003 flip phones. If you have a smartphone you really dont even need a computer because you can actually hook these up to monitors if you need a big screen. Dudes just cry to cry yet they spend thousands on garbage quality sneakers when really they dont need more than 1-2 pairs.

Meh just paid $1300 for a brand new MacBook Pro

That's worth the money IMO

same amount of money for a cellphone? Meh
I understand what you're saying and agree that I won't be spending $1k on the phone but that's just because Im not in the position to spend $1k on the phone. The point I was trying to make is that there's all this crazy technology in the phone and people don't realize how all that tech costs money to develop and that it's literally a mini super computer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom