Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I'm sure the apple haters will find a way to criticize the solar charger very soon.

I'm sure the apple haters will find a way to criticize the solar charger very soon.

Solar technology is still very inefficient, and with as small of a surface area as 2.5" x 5.5" (based on leaked specs, and assuming the solar panel covers the entire surface), it's gonna be a while for that battery bar to move anywhere. You guys sure you want to keep your phone baking in the sun?

Oh, you're going to be indoors with fluorescent light? Yea well solar panels are powered best by the higher energy UV which isn't used for indoor lighting.

How much is Apple going to charge for it? $150?

Might be useful for emergency situations, but on your regular run-of-the-mill day? Nah.

Solar technology is still very inefficient, and with as small of a surface area as 2.5" x 5.5" (based on leaked specs, and assuming the solar panel covers the entire surface), it's gonna be a while for that battery bar to move anywhere. You guys sure you want to keep your phone baking in the sun?

Oh, you're going to be indoors with fluorescent light? Yea well solar panels are powered best by the higher energy UV which isn't used for indoor lighting.

Might be useful for emergency situations, but on your regular run-of-the-mill day? Nah.
GOD DAMN
take yo hatin *** that >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> way :lol:

I already leave my phone out in the sun. Would do it more often now with a solar charger.

GOD DAMN

Basically. Dude is acting like he has the inside scoopandhas a doctorate in solar charging iPhone cases. His statement may stand true for previous products but none of us know exactly what Apple has up their sleeve.

GOD DAMN

Basically. Dude is acting like he has the inside scoopandhas a doctorate in solar charging iPhone cases. His statement may stand true for previous products but none of us know exactly what Apple has up their sleeve.

Right. And Apple is the authority when it comes to all forms of technology, solar included. I like Apple products a lot, but some of you guys need to stop putting them on a pedestal. If they had some groundbreaking technology involving harvesting solar energy, they wouldn't be wasting their time developing a goddamn phone case with it.

The delusion of some of you people is unbelievable. Like what gamble said above, you don't need insider information or a doctorate to know/understand what I posted. A weensy bit of a science education and a smidge of logic is about all you need.

Last edited:

GOD DAMN

Right. And Apple is the authority when it comes to all forms of technology, solar included. I like Apple products a lot, but some of you guys need to stop putting them on a pedestal. If they had some groundbreaking technology involving harvesting solar energy, they wouldn't be wasting their time developing a goddamn phone case with it.

The delusion of some of you people is unbelievable. Like what gamble said above, you don't need insider information or a doctorate to know/understand what I posted. A weensy bit of a science education and a smidge of logic is about all you need.
Damn can some of us be sheep in peace
We know all that already
Just let us enjoy what we like without all the criticism

GOD DAMN

Damn can some of us be sheep in peace
We know all that already
Just let us enjoy what we like without all the criticism

:lol:

I kill dreams playa.

No one is being delusional. No need to exaggerate. People are just excited about the phone.

dont know if posted but iphone 6, the 4.7 version will be displayed and announced sept 15, with a early release of ios 8, the phone will be released sept 25, at supposably $695 for the 32gb and $795 for the 64gb

Ouch...my contract with VZW has been up for years, was planning to pay retail for the 6 to keep my unlimited data plan but damn.

with optimal conditions a solar charger is pretty much on par with the same efficiency rate as a wall charger (again thats with perfect conditions). If not it might take 8-10 hrs to get a full charge.... Obviously optimal charging situations wouldnt be the norm, but when you factor in the fact most wouldnt need a complete full charging, the lighting and location.... if you could get something like a 20-30% boost in charging in a average day regular..just day to day it would be beneficial. 

But then the question that is raised is at what cost? If the cover is relatively inexpensive then to some it may seem worth it. If the thing is kinda expensive (which i dont imaging it would be) then no due to the fact there are other options ie morphie juice etc... that essential can provide wireless on the go charging inexpensively. 

Ouch...my contract with VZW has been up for years, was planning to pay retail for the 6 to keep my unlimited data plan but damn.
I'm in the same boat, I would do whatever it takes to keep that unlimited plan. I have my sister on my account and she struggles every month to stay within her allowance. Meanwhile I'm using 3gb comfortably streaming hella music.

I'm in the same boat, I would do whatever it takes to keep that unlimited plan. I have my sister on my account and she struggles every month to stay within her allowance. Meanwhile I'm using 3gb comfortably streaming hella music.

I know right...Verizon sends me mailers every month offering me a new phone and I'm like :lol: you'll pry my unlimited data out of my cold dead hands.

Up until now the retail price of the phone was less than how much paying for data would cost over two years, but I was trying to get the 5.5 inch. with the 4.7 being $700 I can only imagine what the 5.5 will be. :wow:

Oh well, push come to shove, I'll keep rocking with my 4S until the the 7 comes out in Janaury of 2015 :tongue:

Last edited:
Wish I knew vzw was going to stop offering unlimited data a few years ago. Would've stayed on my family plan. When I had the 3G on at&t, companies gladly gave unlimited data and wanted more money for minutes and texts.

Back
Top Bottom