Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
fishing, camping? in my work area i dont get service.. lunch room i have service... and i work 12 hour shifts.. road trips through small towns i sometimes dont get service...
oic a work area with no sig what you into like warehouse work.... and i could see now small towns i guess although being black if they aint got wifi 4g etc.... chances are its a place that pigment intolerance and i dont even need to be there... you killing the whole vibe of fishing/camping with movies/music... what happen with enjoying nature the sounds of the birds chirping...the crickets cricketing lol
uh ok...
first i work in a manufacturing department... in my area i have no signal, other areas in my company have reception, but mine doesnt...
second im from portland, oregon area... i drive up to the seattle area a lot... im not sure if you have been on little road trips, but you do have to drive through little towns/cities with crap or no reception just to get to a bigger city...
third... aint nothing wrong with having a little music while your doing things on the camp grounds, cooking, drinking, and just hanging out... or just having your headphones on while fishing...
so this is why i asked about the whole icloud thing... some people need or want music stored in their phones "just in case there is no reception"...

uh ok...
first i work in a manufacturing department... in my area i have no signal, other areas in my company have reception, but mine doesnt...
second im from portland, oregon area... i drive up to the seattle area a lot... im not sure if you have been on little road trips, but you do have to drive through little towns/cities with crap or no reception just to get to a bigger city...
third... aint nothing wrong with having a little music while your doing things on the camp grounds, cooking, drinking, and just hanging out... or just having your headphones on while fishing...
so this is why i asked about the whole icloud thing... some people need or want music stored in their phones "just in case there is no reception"...
nah i get that and i do store somethings but folks saying 128gb things like that.... i dont think ppl realize how much storage that is.... i mean your avg song is like at most 3mb.... i mean one gb can literally hold around 300 songs. even if you used lets say 16gb for music thats like 5000 songs. a avg pic is like 5mb... so lets say another 16gb. so thats like 3,000 or so pics... (why someone would need over 3,000 pics at any given time esp a dude iuno bout that one) And a hr worth of video takes slightly over a gb.... so again lets say another 16gb.... so ok like 14 hrs of video.

So we talking like 48gb... and cats talking again like 128/256.... I cant see any scenario to which you would need 50,000 songs... 10,000 pics... and 36 hrs of video. Or even ok 256.... I really cant see why you would need a 10 days of music w/o repeat... 20,000 or so pics...  And a week worth of videos.

I see in your case and thats understandable. And even then thats not a everyday scenario to which your w/o a signal for days on end. But i seriously doubt cats going week(s) at a time to places to where this no signal/wifi on a regular basis. Hell i spent many tours in the military in 3rd world countries and i didnt go weeks without having absolutely no signal/wifi. 

I think most ppl just use up so much space on just improper use of the phone thus wanting all this space... ie keeping game saves and data to games they dont even play/have on the phone anymore... saving every text/sms/twit etc... they have ever received, not trashing their mail and just simply deleting things like that.

I mean 32gb-64gb is cool but all this 128(is ok but still kinda od)-256 512gb and mess is kinda od no matter what anyone says. And the funny thing about it most of the ppl asking for all this od space have ipods... 

I believe you need iTunes match
yep or alternatives

what alternatives? i aint paying to use my own music :lol:

EXACTLY

Talking about some pay for cloud services to use **** I already paid for. Son is trippin' :lol:

Y'all contradict yourselves.

"People think because of their phone habits that it applies to everyone. "

Oh, so that's not how you're acting right now?

What's so crazy about wanting the standard of storage space on these phones to be higher while maintaining the same prices?

We just sat here and discussed how flash storage is dirt cheap nowadays and you proceed to defend how we should continue overpaying for such little space.

If the 64gb was reduced to $199 128gb was $299 and 256gb was $399, we could both have what we want.

These phones already cost more than cheap laptops without the contract prices. And even then, those cheap $400 laptops have more than 16-64 gb of storage.

I don't understand what's so complicated about this?
because its backwards business and isnt going to happen thats whats wrong with it.... hell and i find it very ironic on a site call niketalk where comparable wages the shoes and labor is cheaper then the old days originals... yet the product is inferior and they charge sometimes twice as much as the originals.

If the 4.7 32gb is going for roughly 600 bucks... the 64 for 700 and the 5.5 same storage is going for a hundred dollars more..... imagine what a 128 or 256gb storage phone would be?

why should ppl be forced to pay damn near a grand... well the 5.5 will be close to that (no contract) so in theory over a grand for a cellphone all because ppl for some odd reason dont want to use cloud storage, music/tv/music apps... and or back up their stuff on a pc/external hard drive etc?

Plus cloud etc is pretty much the future, hell the now. Its call a smartphone to virtually not use some of the main features of a "smartphone" is well kinda in itself backwards.

And ppl will say well androids etc... use it everyone else use it... and thats because its a gimmick to cover up having inferior products. It simply doesnt make sense. 

Yea in theory and make believe world what your saying is true... but even then they could make the phones even cheaper still by still not adding the additional storage. Either way you slice it a phone with more physical memory/storage will cost more then a phone without one.

Again just like my analogy with a car... yea cds are cheap, but still adding a cd changer to a car would cost more then not adding one,especially when the current trend is mp3/ipod mode.

By your standards they might as well analog, sv cables along with rca cables connections to a tv...hell its cheap and there are still ppl who use vhs etc... 

Yes your right memory is cheap etc... but it still cost money no matter how cheap it is. Thus will add to the price. Why should there be a higher price cause you dont wanna use pandora or spotify or something. Why should ALL consumers pay more for a phone (no matter how minimum the increase is) because you just refuse to use things like moviebox or xfinity or hulu etc.?

We all shouldnt have to be forced with no options just because some ppl want to store every piece of means of communication/media etc they will ever own/collect in life on a cellphone.

If anything i could see the option to add storage. But not just be a standard. EVERYONE shouldnt be forced  to pay for something that EVERYONE wont use, especially when there is a much more efficient better alternatives that is cheaper and more productive that EVERYONE can use. 

You don't get the point I'm trying to make at all.

I'm blatantly saying that the price of storage space is cheap, and that we should be getting more storage for the prices we are paying, and you continue to push this cloud garbage like I car about it.

I know what cloud storage is. I use it on a daily basis.

Giving these phones larger storage would not increase the prices, we both know that. These aren't SSD's in these phones, its standard flash memory. CHEAP.

I made a simple comment saying that we should have more storage space in our phones and you ran with it :lol:

These phones already cost damn near a grand. A 64gb 5s is $850 without a contract... What are you even talking about?

Point blank period, the cost of the phone wouldn't change if they upgraded the space. In reality, we are overpaying for the **** we have now. This just seems to be something so simple that you just don't understand.

**** the cloud, b. Its a service that they are forcing on people to use at an annual cost because they know giving you larger storage space would mean they can't get any more money out of you. So they nickel and dime you every month for cloud/streaming services.

You don't know what someone might need that kind of space for, who cares if I want all my music on me, thats what I WANT. For the price we pay, and the cost of storage, I and whoever else should be able to have all my songs and media on me if I want. I'm paying a premium price to have it.

What makes no sense whatsoever is what you're saying is that apparently a 128gb iPone would cost SOOOOO MUCH....

...But a 128gb Mackbook Air is $899....

While a 64gb iPhone is $850....

Think about that. Let that sit for a moment... Fifty more dollars... Oh but its so much more...

If you want to use the cloud, then whatever, cool.

But don't sit here and act like I'm asking for too much, when we both know that I'm barely asking for anything.

At the end of the day its about them making money. I knew that from the start, I was simply making a free comment on what I, and obviously a few other members believe should be standard these days.

Last edited:
Stopped by the Verizon store today, dude said he thinks September on release not October. But another model on Black Friday, either Bigger screen or "S" type difference.
Means nothing though, he's only a Manager at a store selling Apple. Right?
I doubt a S version will drop so soon after the 6 comes out. prob gonna drop black and white in sept and then a gold version later on then in late summer  or early fall 15 the 6S

Y'all wildn if you think ima pay to stream my own music :lol: smh
I'd rather pay for more storage space

Stopped by the Verizon store today, dude said he thinks September on release not October. But another model on Black Friday, either Bigger screen or "S" type difference.

I doubt a S version will drop so soon after the 6 comes out. prob gonna drop black and white in sept and then a gold version later on then in late summer  or early fall 15 the 6S
I think there were rumors that the 4.7 comes out first and the larger one will come out later.

Yeah, they're not going to drop an "S" version 1-2 months after dropping the original version.

Yeah, they're not going to drop an "S" version 1-2 months after dropping the original version.

which is why all these managers/salesmen are idiots when it comes to even asking them about an unknown product

like i said, we known more than them even then we dont even know really.

which is why all these managers/salesmen are idiots when it comes to even asking them about an unknown product

like i said, we known more than them even then we dont even know really.
I think dude is probably talking about the 5.5

iPhone 6 Information Leak Sourced from Foxconn Details Dimensions of 4.7-Inch and 5.5-Inch Versions

French Apple website IGen.fr (Google Translate) has shared a variety of new details about Apple's upcoming iPhone 6, including dimensions for each model, info about the protruding camera ring on the rear of both devices, and more. The photos appear to be of internal information residing in a Foxconn factory, as the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 and 4.7-inch iPhone 6 carry code names of N56 and N61, respectively.

The information states that the final version of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will measure 158 mm long, 78 mm wide, and 7.1 mm thick (7.7 with the protruding camera), weighing 184.6 grams, or 6.5 ounces. Also spotted is information for a first prototype, which retained the same length and width but was 7.0 mm thick and weighed 168.5 grams, or 5.9 ounces.

Supposed measurements of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6

Meanwhile, the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 is said to measure at 138 mm long, 66 mm wide, and 6.9 mm thick, as the weight of the device is not listed. For comparison, the iPhone 5s measures 123x58 mm and is 7.6 mm thick.

A comparison of both the 5.5-inch and 4.7-inch model, as well as the iPhone 5s

A source close to the production of the 5.5-inch version claims that it will feature a battery with a large capacity, possibly 2915 mAh. That number comes from a in line with a component leak spotted earlier this month. The source did not specify whether the larger device was equipped with a sapphire display, however Apple reportedly shipped 28 containers of displays to Foxconn from the United States. It is possible that those containers could have come from GT Advanced Technologies, which Apple partnered with to produce sapphire displays at a factory in Arizona. However, no additional evidence suggests that is the case.

A schematic showing the protruding camera on each iPhone 6 and the iPhone 5s

Specifics around the protruding camera ring on both devices are also seen in the photos, as the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 will have an external camera ring that protrudes at 0.67-0.77 millimeters while the ring on the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will protrude at 0.77 mm. Both protruding camera rings appear to be similar to the one on the fifth-generation iPod touch, although it is unknown at this time what specific purpose they serve. The schematic of the protruding camera ring on the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 was spotted a few days ago, however that was originally interpreted to be for the 4.7-inch iPhone 6.

Finally, the source notes that the iPhone 6 features a well cut-out logo on its rear, which is said to be made from a very durable material and lines up with previous leaks. The device's rear bands sighted in previous leaks are also said to be featured on the iPhone 6, and will act as refined antennas. Apple was also said to be working to feature a 2.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone 6, however the company scrapped it to avoid complaints about compatibility issues with existing audio accessories.

Certification tests for both models were said to take place last week, with mass production reportedly beginning this week. Apple is said to have ordered 40 million 4.7-inch units of the iPhone 6 for the rest of 2014, and is aiming for a 100 million devices by the end of this year. It was also stated that the launch 5.5-inch version may be delayed until a later time, although both are scheduled to be introduced at the same time.

Apple will reveal the iPhone 6 at a media event on Tuesday, September 9. In addition to a refined design as mentioned above, both models of the device will feature a faster A8 processor, an improved camera, and more.

View media item 1145524View media item 1145525View media item 1145526

Last edited:
I'll be waiting for the 5.5 model. Need to buy a new laptop first. If it gets released around December then my pockets will be hurting this holiday season.

I'll be waiting for the 5.5 model. Need to buy a new laptop first. If it gets released around December then my pockets will be hurting this holiday season.

:smh:

im gonna be waiting then too

apple is so stupid

why release two freakin phones and make one better

i dont even want a 5.5 inch phone but if its better than im not spend $700+ dollars on a stupid phone thats not even the best they have to offer. SMDH

mean.gif

apple is so stupid

i dont even want a 5.5 inch phone but if its better than im not spend $700+ dollars on a stupid phone thats not even the best they have to offer. SMDH
have you forgotten the 5S & 5C

:smh:

apple is so stupid

have you forgotten the 5S & 5C

no...

everyone knew the 5C was the crap phone, the purpose of it was because of the shortage and issue with making the 5 housings so they had to make new housing for it so they called it a 5C

this is a whole new phone, the iphone 6. why make 2 phones and make 1 better than the other especially when they are gonna charge $650 or more for the 4.7? how does that make sense

GT Advanced will reportedly supply Apple with enough sapphire to make covers for up to 1.35-2.25 million 5.5-inch iPhones in 2014, according to DigiTimes.

GTAT started sapphire production in August 2014 and expects revenue contributions from sapphire to begin in the fourth quarter, and Apple's fourth down payment is due in October 2014, these conditions signal that GTAT's sapphire production will not reach a large scale by the end of 2014, Digitimes Research indicated. However, GTAT is likely to ship sapphire at a large volume beginning the first quarter of 2015.

The site claims that the cost  for a 5.5-inch screen cover  made from sapphire is $100 US, much higher than the $5-10 cost for a reinforced glass screen cover.

The WSJ reported mid-August that Apple may use sapphire screens in its new iPhone  6 5.5 smartphone, if it can get enough. However, other analysts say Apple is unlikely  to sell iPhones with sapphire this year.

If this happens and apple is able to pull this off i will have to give them a tip of the hat. To be able to sell basically the same phone currently out in a larger size, then a few months later sell the EXACT same phone with upgrades and ppl go out and buy it. Apple has to be corp. of the year hands down.

Last edited:
Quote:
no...

everyone knew the 5C was the crap phone, the purpose of it was because of the shortage and issue with making the 5 housings so they had to make new housing for it so they called it a 5C

this is a whole new phone, the iphone 6. why make 2 phones and make 1 better than the other especially when they are gonna charge $650 or more for the 4.7? how does that make sense
Even so, Apple will make money where money is to be made. There's a strong enough following that even with no logical reasoning they will sell and they not trying to miss out on that money

the 6 is the new flagship phone, why break it up and make 2 different versions with one being better? if they want they can wait til the 6S to do that

if anything i hope they are the same exact phone just the 5.5 has the bigger screen and thats it

Back
Top Bottom