Apple to hold iPhone 4 press conference this Friday.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by airforce416

[h4][/h4]
[h4]RIM co-CEOs pull no punches responding to Apple's antenna statements[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jul 17th 2010 12:56AM

Thought Nokia's statement was strongly worded? That was nothing compared to the little tirade put together by RIM co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie -- a pair of dudes known for having some of the bigger mouths (and bigger egos) in the wireless industry -- in direct response to Apple's Friday press conference on antenna issues. Of course, unlike Nokia, Apple made it personal for RIM because it used the Bold 9700 as a demonstration device in its attempt to prove that signal loss was a problem for phones and manufacturers from all walks of life, but Mike and Jim are having none of it. Phrases like "self-made debacle" and "deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding" should give you an idea of the statement's overall flavor, but basically, they're saying that RIM puts a lot of time, money, and energy into avoiding dropped call issues and that you don't need a case to use any of their phones. Snap!

Here's the full statement:
"[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Apple's attempt to draw RIM into Apple's self-made debacle is unacceptable. Apple's claims about RIM products appear to be deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding of an antenna design issue and to deflect attention from Apple's difficult situation.[/color] RIM is a global leader in antenna design and has been successfully designing industry-leading wireless data products with efficient and effective radio performance for over 20 years. During that time, RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity. Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."[/color]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
RIM
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

301hoyg.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h4][/h4]

Thought Nokia's statement was strongly worded? That was nothing compared to the little tirade put together by RIM co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie -- a pair of dudes known for having some of the bigger mouths (and bigger egos) in the wireless industry -- in direct response to Apple's Friday press conference on antenna issues. Of course, unlike Nokia, Apple made it personal for RIM because it used the Bold 9700 as a demonstration device in its attempt to prove that signal loss was a problem for phones and manufacturers from all walks of life, but Mike and Jim are having none of it. Phrases like "self-made debacle" and "deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding" should give you an idea of the statement's overall flavor, but basically, they're saying that RIM puts a lot of time, money, and energy into avoiding dropped call issues and that you don't need a case to use any of their phones. Snap!

"[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Apple's attempt to draw RIM into Apple's self-made debacle is unacceptable. Apple's claims about RIM products appear to be deliberate attempts to distort the public's understanding of an antenna design issue and to deflect attention from Apple's difficult situation.[/color] RIM is a global leader in antenna design and has been successfully designing industry-leading wireless data products with efficient and effective radio performance for over 20 years. During that time, RIM has avoided designs like the one Apple used in the iPhone 4 and instead has used innovative designs which reduce the risk for dropped calls, especially in areas of lower coverage. [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]One thing is for certain, RIM's customers don't need to use a case for their BlackBerry smartphone to maintain proper connectivity. Apple clearly made certain design decisions and it should take responsibility for these decisions rather than trying to draw RIM and others into a situation that relates specifically to Apple."[/color]
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
RIM
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

301hoyg.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

wow....thats funny!

so if u bought a bumper how do u get a refund ? didnt c anything on the apple site about refunds for purchased bumpers

wow....thats funny!

so if u bought a bumper how do u get a refund ? didnt c anything on the apple site about refunds for purchased bumpers

Originally Posted by monday22

wow....thats funny!

Official details haven't been posted yet.

I don't see what the big problem is?
  • Yes, there is a problem with the IPhone 4, but not ALL phones are affected.
  • If you are like me, if I am investing so much money on a delicate phone like the IPhone, mine will be in a CASE regardless, so the antenna issue doesn't even affect me. Despite, my IPhone 4 not even having it from the get-go.
  • A recall would of cost Apple $1.4 Billion, and there was no way that was possible at this moment in time seeing how there have been over 2 million IPhones sold..
  • If a CASE solves the antenna problem, then why are you guys mad about Apple giving out FREE cases? If you bought Bumpers, they said you will get refunded! And also, every IPhone user as of now will get a FREE case, even myself, even though I have one already.
  • Yes, Steve Jobs didn't come out and say "The IPhone has a problem with antenna".. But, you have to realize that not EVERYONE is affected by it, and even if he didn't YOU and EVERYONE else knows there is a problem, so whats the big deal if he admits to it or not?
  • I remember with the 3GS, Apple released a software/firmware update that improved the signal of the 3GS, because the 3GS also had similar problems... remember?
  • The proximity sensor problems can be fixed with a software/firmware update as well, in which my IPhone 4 doesn't even have this problem.

wow....thats funny!

Official details haven't been posted yet.

I don't see what the big problem is?
  • Yes, there is a problem with the IPhone 4, but not ALL phones are affected.
  • If you are like me, if I am investing so much money on a delicate phone like the IPhone, mine will be in a CASE regardless, so the antenna issue doesn't even affect me. Despite, my IPhone 4 not even having it from the get-go.
  • A recall would of cost Apple $1.4 Billion, and there was no way that was possible at this moment in time seeing how there have been over 2 million IPhones sold..
  • If a CASE solves the antenna problem, then why are you guys mad about Apple giving out FREE cases? If you bought Bumpers, they said you will get refunded! And also, every IPhone user as of now will get a FREE case, even myself, even though I have one already.
  • Yes, Steve Jobs didn't come out and say "The IPhone has a problem with antenna".. But, you have to realize that not EVERYONE is affected by it, and even if he didn't YOU and EVERYONE else knows there is a problem, so whats the big deal if he admits to it or not?
  • I remember with the 3GS, Apple released a software/firmware update that improved the signal of the 3GS, because the 3GS also had similar problems... remember?
  • The proximity sensor problems can be fixed with a software/firmware update as well, in which my IPhone 4 doesn't even have this problem.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

[h4][/h4]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
RIM
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

301hoyg.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jesus H Christ! RIM just ripped Apple a new #@+ hole.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

[h4][/h4]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
RIM
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

301hoyg.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Jesus H Christ! RIM just ripped Apple a new #@+ hole.

wow....thats funny!

Take your receipt and they return it for you. You keep the bumper.

Did it yesterday at 11am. Didn't need the bumpers, just the receipt.

wow....thats funny!

Take your receipt and they return it for you. You keep the bumper.

Did it yesterday at 11am. Didn't need the bumpers, just the receipt.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

wow....thats funny!

• I remember with the 3GS, Apple released a software/firmware update that improved the signal of showed more bars than it used to on the 3GS, because the 3GS also had similar problems... remember?
*fixed*

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

wow....thats funny!

• I remember with the 3GS, Apple released a software/firmware update that improved the signal of showed more bars than it used to on the 3GS, because the 3GS also had similar problems... remember?
*fixed*

Back
Top Bottom