Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

Yea Its the same thing here in NYC. They don't have any extra micro sims yet :smh:

Can't switch the new # to my 4s and the old to the 5 yet. Was told they should have them by tomorrow or Monday the latest

not too concerned about maps at this point, waze works fine. what bothers me though is that apple should have labeled maps as a beta just like they did with siri when it first came out. It would've reduced the expectations from people. steve jobs would've never let this happen :smh::x

Verizon iphone 5's arrive unlocked for GSM :smokin:smokin :smokin

im gonna try and find one with a BAD ESN for a decent price to use on tmobile

not too concerned about maps at this point, waze works fine. what bothers me though is that apple should have labeled maps as a beta just like they did with siri when it first came out. It would've reduced the expectations from people. steve jobs would've never let this happen
mean.gif
sick.gif
I keep hearing about the maps app being horrible, and people posting pics of distorted roads and such in 3D.

Is that the only "problem"?  Does the turn-by-turn navigation work properly?

Got the Best Buy email that my 5 is ready for pickup.

Walmart is still selling for $189 with a 25$ down deposit. May want to hit them up if you're having problems.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]The Verizon iPhone 5 is Unlocked (GSM)[/COLOR]
Great news for those waiting anxiously at the door for their UPS / FedEx delivery... well, for those awaiting a Verizon iPhone 5, anyway. We've already broken down the differences between the trifecta of iPhone 5 models, and it seems that the one VZW is hawking is a real gem for travelers. Aside from handling Verizon's LTE waves just fine, the nano-SIM slot will also accept cards from any other GSM carrier worldwide. In other words, AT&T nano-SIMs will get you onto its HSPA+ network, and T-Mobile nano-SIMs will play nice as well. If you're heading overseas, you can pick up a local nano-SIM on arrival and plug it straight in -- no unlocking code necessary. To confirm, this even applies to Verizon iPhone 5 units that were purchased under contract. You can hit the video after the break for proof, but heed one word of advice: wait until you find a legitimate nano-SIM to throw in there. It looks as if the cut-and-stuff approach leaves a bit to be desired.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/21/verizon-iphone-5-unlocked-att-t-mobile-video/

I keep hearing about the maps app being horrible, and people posting pics of distorted roads and such in 3D.

Is that the only "problem"?  Does the turn-by-turn navigation work properly?

Haven't experienced distorted roads but the turn-by-turn hasn't showed any traffic on roads and as soon as i get there its bumper to bumper lol. clearly theyre still in beta mode and it shouldn't have released like this. not worried though i'm sure an update is coming up real soon.

:wow: im gonna need a verizon iphone for business

so ill be able to use my virgin mobile sims with it? :wow:

:wow:

drugdealing gets easier and easier with technology b.

What exactly is the incentive to signing up with AT&T now if someone was looking to open a new plan and cop an iphone. Verizon has better coverage, unlocked out of the box, etc. No pros to going with crappy AT&T :lol:

What exactly is the incentive to signing up with AT&T now if someone was looking to open a new plan and cop an iphone. Verizon has better coverage, unlocked out of the box, etc. No pros to going with crappy AT&T
laugh.gif
Talk and text/surf/use an app, etc. at the same time.  Verizon and Sprint's iPhone can't do that. Verizon has more coverage but AT&T's network is faster. And I think AT&T's plan might be a little cheaper but not by much. 

so is the resolution on the screen of the 5 any different than that of the 4s??....im eligible for an upgrade not sure if its worth it...

Talk and text/surf/use an app, etc. at the same time.  Verizon and Sprint's iPhone can't do that. Verizon has more coverage but AT&T's network is faster. And I think AT&T's plan might be a little cheaper but not by much. 

$20 bucks cheaper for me. Verizon is mad expensive. I decided to stay with AT&T after the above mentioned differences. I don't like that Verizon forces you to get unlimited minutes. I don't talk on the phone like that so I like that AT&T gives me the option to save costs by electing a lower monthly count of minutes.

LTE IS :wow: :pimp: headed to the Verizon store now to pick up my girls phone. Anyone on Long Island, the Verizon store by smithaven mall has plenty of 5s still in stock according to the salesman.

LTE IS :wow: :pimp: headed to the Verizon store now to pick up my girls phone. Anyone on Long Island, the Verizon store by smithaven mall has plenty of 5s still in stock according to the salesman.

Damn, you must live right near me, :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom