Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

^why would he ask at&t when niketalk is the source of all information
True. If I need to ask someone something, I'll ask NT first. If I like NT's answer then I feel like that's what the person I wanted to ask will reply.

Man why in the hell can my girl make FaceTime calls over her network on Verizon on a 4s and I can't do it on my 5 with AT&T? I'm really starting to hate how AT&T and these companies nickel and dime you for every feature of this iPhone on data...

I know w/ AT&T you have to be on a mobile share plan in order to use FaceTime over 3G. If you want to do it you're going to have to convert. I made the switch and saved a couple bucks.
Both ATT and Verizon are jerks for taking away the unlimited data options for people :smh:. My last 2 contracts were unlimited and now I have this capped stuff. It was inevitable though since so many people have smartphones and tablets now. I remember when minutes and texts were the most important features and unlimited data was offered like no big deal.

I'm still holding onto my unlimited plan with Verizon. I think im going to say f it and just get a 4s(currently have a 4) since I can get one for cheap. I did about 6gb last month so f verizon and their bs. Aint trying to lose my plan to upgrade to a 5. :smokin

Last edited:
So you don't keep your unlimited plan if you upgrade to the 5? I did not know that. The rest of my family is on a family plan. My brother got the 5. When my dad and sister upgrade their 4S's then they'll have to figure out how much data they'll need. Right now I have the 1 GB plan, might have to upgrade to 2 GB for an extra $10 :smh:.

Yep, paid full price to keep my unlimited. Worth it IMO. I don't plan on getting a new phone for at least 2-3 years. I have enough storage (16gb), 4G LTE, and a fantastic camera built in.

I don't need anything else honestly.

Both ATT and Verizon are jerks for taking away the unlimited data options for people :smh:. My last 2 contracts were unlimited and now I have this capped stuff. It was inevitable though since so many people have smartphones and tablets now. I remember when minutes and texts were the most important features and unlimited data was offered like no big deal.
If you read your contract it should say unlimited data but it will be throttled at 5gb. From what I remember this has been the case for ages. As I remember we never had truly unlimited data. It was always 5gb. Before, smartphones 5gb was hard to achieve. I'm going off memory. Not really sure.

Not to be rude, you're asking NT a question that you clearly need to ask AT&T... it's a simple phone call....
Not to be rude, but You wasted keystrokes by not answering my question, yet feeling the need to tell me to make a phone call, because I can't wait to talk to customer service! Thanks for nothing pal.

Last edited:
I am on contract with att and my contract is up in January, does anyone know if they will let you upgrade early if I agree to an extension? If so how early? Thanks in advance.
You'd most likely only qualify for an early upgrade. So it'd basically be $250 more than what the full subsidized price is.

$199 ----> $449 for the 16gb

$299 ----> $549 for the 32gb

$399 ----> $649 for the 64gb

They're going to make you renew your contract regardless of when you purchase it,.... Unless you buy the phone at full retail price. ($649, $749, $849)

It's probably best to just wait it out till January. The iPhone 5 isn't going anywhere.

For anyone that's with sprint....if ur still waitin for the re-stock check ur local sprint store cuz I just got my 2 16gb blk phones yest from the sprint store on Jamaica ave....they said they got there re-stock yest....comin from a htc sensation I really like this phone so far

does anyone else's internet screen freeze at times on the 5...maybe its just mine...like to to the point i cant slide the screen over and see everything...i can only see half of whatever is on da screen...

I am on contract with att and my contract is up in January, does anyone know if they will let you upgrade early if I agree to an extension? If so how early? Thanks in advance.

....i work at AT&T and yeah if you agree to an extension within 90 days of your contract being up we should let you upgrade.

You'd most likely only qualify for an early upgrade. So it'd basically be $250 more than what the full subsidized price is.

$199 ----> $449 for the 16gb
$299 ----> $549 for the 32gb
$399 ----> $649 for the 64gb

They're going to make you renew your contract regardless of when you purchase it,.... Unless you buy the phone at full retail price. ($649, $749, $849)

It's probably best to just wait it out till January. The iPhone 5 isn't going anywhere.

Isn't the upgrade window 18 months now? As long as you're 18 months into your contract, you should be eligible for a full subsidized upgrade..

Yep, paid full price to keep my unlimited. Worth it IMO. I don't plan on getting a new phone for at least 2-3 years. I have enough storage (16gb), 4G LTE, and a fantastic camera built in.

I don't need anything else honestly.

This.

I paid full retail for the 5 and to me it's well worth the peace of mind of not worrying about going over any data limits. LTE+tiered data plans is a slap to the face IMO. Why give users fast speeds with limited access. Clearly a scheme to make more money off those with monthly overages. I always kept my 4 on wifi at home because the speeds were faster but with LTE the only time I connect to wifi is to download large apps.

Jailbroken iPhone 4s>iPhone 5

I'm gonna wait to get this 5 until a couple months. I got a 4s for cheap and it's super fast compared to a 4. Honestly I understand why they say if you have a 4s you shouldn't even stress getting the 5. Playing around with the 5, it's a cool phone but it just seems like Its missing that "it" factor. LTE and the A6 chip makes it fast but IMO that's not enough. Next year instead of a new phone if they try and pull 5s move, Id rather have a full over haul of the whole OS. Still keep it simple just "New" and different.

Jailbroken iPhone 4s>iPhone 5
I'm gonna wait to get this 5 until a couple months. I got a 4s for cheap and it's super fast compared to a 4. Honestly I understand why they say if you have a 4s you shouldn't even stress getting the 5. Playing around with the 5, it's a cool phone but it just seems like Its missing that "it" factor. LTE and the A6 chip makes it fast but IMO that's not enough. Next year instead of a new phone if they try and pull 5s move, Id rather have a full over haul of the whole OS. Still keep it simple just "New" and different.

I'm going to upgrade my phone soon. If I lock in a new 2-year contract, do you think it's better to go with the 5 since it may have a longer functional life than the 4s or go with the $100 cheaper 4s since they are comparable in present time?

This is for anybody who wants to answer too btw.

I'm going to upgrade my phone soon. If I lock in a new 2-year contract, do you think it's better to go with the 5 since it may have a longer functional life than the 4s or go with the $100 cheaper 4s since they are comparable in present time?
This is for anybody who wants to answer too btw.

If you don't have either it's a no brainer... Go with the 5. My statement was more towards if you already have a 4s, it doesn't make sense to buy a 5 for retail(IMO). When comparing the 4s and 5 at subsidized prices, the 5 is worth the $100 difference but it's not worth $649+tax different.

Last edited:
So I read in this thread that if we did not get our phone on release day, that it will come on the 5th of October.

Is there any truth to this?

no purple camera, am having the wifi slowness and lte choppyness tho on verizon one, hoping for a update or something to fix that dont want to return it or exchange it for a other one

also i hate all accessories so far i have bought tho

hey seen on a youtube video someone had like the moon next to their time how do i get that?

no purple camera, am having the wifi slowness and lte choppyness tho on verizon one, hoping for a update or something to fix that dont want to return it or exchange it for a other one
also i hate all accessories so far i have bought tho
hey seen on a youtube video someone had like the moon next to their time how do i get that?

The moon is just the Do Not Disturb feature turned on

Back
Top Bottom