Apple's September 12 invite hints at iPhone 5. Upgrade to iOS 6 now.

so what are the upgrades from a 4S? I didn't see anything that was a "must-have" improvement

So what's everybody think so far?
Underwhelm... a lot.

Pretty much 90% of what was announced was already known (rumor), it's now true. iOS 6 still (virtually) looks like previous iOS. Nothing radically has changed from what I can tell. The phone is taller, upgraded camera and OS.

Wait for the 5s.

Last edited:
iPhone5_0571.jpg

This has been pretty mellow dramatic so far. I almost thing the anouncement of Siri last year was bigger then this year. Eh...I need a new phone though.

**** a new iTunes layout on iPad. I want a smaller iPad. Gimme dagnabbit!

Last edited:
Underwhelm... a lot.
Pretty much 90% of what was announced was already known (rumor), it's now true. iOS 6 still (virtually) looks like previous iOS. Nothing radically has changed from what I can tell. The phone is taller, upgraded camera and OS.
Wait for the 5s.

If you have a 4, upgrade.

If you have a 4s, you can wait.

That's how it is. Theres really no point in waiting, IMO, because the next updates will be the same: New chip, faster, better camera, improved something, thinner, etc.

Its a simple formula that works for them and they don't have to do much else. It's like a computer, yearly updates that make improvements to keep up with the times.

Any mind blowing improvements would be software related anyways.

I'm there can't wait! Getting $350 for my 4s and buying the iPhone 5. Love iphone re sell value
pimp.gif
:pimp:
 Was thinking about doing this while doing my upgrade last year to justify getting the 4S and not waiting for the 5. I figured I don't mind spending the guap to get the newest iphone every year since the resale value is so high. But I can't justify doing it for the 5 since there are no groundbreaking features

its gunna be funny to see all these iphone ppl that used to say 4 inches is too big now all of a sudden say that the big screen is amazing :lol:

4 inches isnt too big, they did it right because its just a little bit taller, still the same width.

all these other phones are wide as hell you cant even fit in your pocket :x :x

^
Question. I have a 4. Is it possible to get a brand-new 4S without starting another contract?
I'm on AT&T & just finished my last 2 year term. I enjoy the freedom. :lol:

PO

getting this crap. tired of my gs2 skyrocket and now that navigation is in this biotch + gmail app im ready to betray android and flirt with a new bird

If you have a 4, upgrade.
If you have a 4s, you can wait.

That's how it is. Theres really no point in waiting, IMO, because the next updates will be the same: New chip, faster, better camera, improved something, thinner, etc.
Its a simple formula that works for them and they don't have to do much else. It's like a computer, yearly updates that make improvements to keep up with the times.
Any mind blowing improvements would be software related anyways.
 THIS. It's annoying sometimes because you don't always get the best updatess year to year. But you gotta understand that the Apple is tailoring these updates to the standad 2 year contract plan. Annoying but great in the end because your phone doesn't feel completely outdated after a year

^
Question. I have a 4. Is it possible to get a brand-new 4S without starting another contract?
I'm on AT&T & just finished my last 2 year term. I enjoy the freedom. :lol:
PO

Its possible, but you have to buy at the unlocked price, which would be 699 or 799.

Sounds expensive, but if you don't want a contract, thats a standard price.

Overall it's meh. The black one looks dope as hell though.

A .5 inch in screen size boost=revolutionary to them :lol: :smh:

iOS6 isn't anything different though....

im on the lookout for the new iPod Touch though.

Back
Top Bottom