Applying to work at Foot Locker

I'm not really on shoes like that anymore so it's cool with me. I can go to FTL, FTA, etc and get my discount and the guys at those stores look out if I want anything.
Yea on **** that sits on the shelf you can eat a little , but they even monitor your spending habits so if you spend $1000+ a week on kicks it's a problem

Yea on **** that sits on the shelf you can eat a little , but they even monitor your spending habits so if you spend $1000+ a week on kicks it's a problem
Well we have $500/mo limit on what is taken off with the discount so it doesn't benefit me or anyone to buy $1000 worth of stuff and I'm not paying retail for anything.

I work in a champs, I know. Trust me

But being that you work in a FTL it may be different because your manager is making that rule.

yeah I work at FTL. 20% rule is heavily enforced.
How long you been there?
I know not too long ago, 100% of your stock at champs could be discounted by employees.
But anything with a release date is suppose to be 20/80 (20% to staff, 80% to public)

yeah I work at FTL. 20% rule is heavily enforced.
How long you been there?
I know not too long ago, 100% of your stock at champs could be discounted by employees.
But anything with a release date is suppose to be 20/80 (20% to staff, 80% to public)
Yea we have that same rule but lightly enforced. I'm not on Jordans like that anyway, maybe 1 or 2 pair a year if that. Shoes are sitting these days anyway so wouldn't be a problem to cop on discount even after the 20% is taken.

Well we have $500/mo limit on what is taken off with the discount so it doesn't benefit me or anyone to buy $1000 worth of stuff and I'm not paying retail for anything.
Yea that's no bueno to me, 500 a month is a pair of kicks and a shoe cleaner nowadays :lol:

Yea that's no bueno to me, 500 a month is a pair of kicks and a shoe cleaner nowadays :lol:
It's not the actual price of the shoe but the amount taken off for the discount, for instance if I buy something for $100 and get my discount then only pay $70 it deducts my balance left for the month to $470.

It's not the actual price of the shoe but the amount taken off for the discount, for instance if I buy something for $100 and get my discount then only pay $70 it deducts my balance left for the month to $470.

Damn, I thought it was generous if it was $500/month you can buy on discount. I actually don't intend on using the discounts that much anyway, that's not why I want the job but it will be a nice bonus.

Would it be a good idea to ask the manager about the part time schedules they can offer me when I ask about working there? I think the biggest question I have left is working out a schedule that works for both of us, but I'm flexible on my end but would prefer to work mostly weekday evenings, is that possible? Anyone have any examples of the types of schedules I may be offered for part time?

Damn, I thought it was generous if it was $500/month you can buy on discount. I actually don't intend on using the discounts that much anyway, that's not why I want the job but it will be a nice bonus.

Would it be a good idea to ask the manager about the part time schedules they can offer me when I ask about working there? I think the biggest question I have left is working out a schedule that works for both of us, but I'm flexible on my end but would prefer to work mostly weekday evenings, is that possible? Anyone have any examples of the types of schedules I may be offered for part time?
Discuss availability during the interview, I work 8-4 mon-fri at my FT job and go in 5-close when I'm scheduled, no weekends. If they have enough employees then availability won't be a big deal.

Discuss availability during the interview, I work 8-4 mon-fri at my FT job and go in 5-close when I'm scheduled, no weekends. If they have enough employees then availability won't be a big deal.
fam..u got me for BC3s? Thx

How should I dress for the interview? I'm guessing a suit and tie might be a bit overdressed for a FL interview?

Always wanted to work at a shoe store...

Then make it a reality.

That was my dream job and I finally landed it working in the stockroom.

You can wear a suit and tie opie but I when I went I wore a M&N Jerry West (since I'm in the city of SoCal and they all love the lakers) along with some fitted chinos and the white space jam XIs. It's not really how you dress or your knowledge of kicks. It's about being the most underpaid person. I didn't mind it cause I get to fondle the shoes when the shipment comes in.

Back
Top Bottom