April 29th, 1992..there was a riot on the streets tell me where were you?

Originally Posted by Cheese Wagstaff

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

I was swimming trying to get to the egg before everyone else.

Spoiler [+]
I won
This dude again? 
30t6p3b.gif

?

At %@% doing !!# 10 year old's do.

But na, I remember my parents watching, we had just moved from South Central L.A. to Atlanta too. My parents knew a few people that got killed.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

I was a freshman in high school, I remember watching on TV.

same here.  all i really remember is Reginald Denny getting beaten, and Rodney King "Can't we all just get along."  didn't really pay too much attention to the news back then.  but the music about it, see Ice Cube's The Predator, was great.

3 years old chilling at home in San Jose 
laugh.gif

Just realized that pretty soon the mid-90s will be 20 years ago 
eek.gif

ohwell.gif

I was 9...

TeamOldheads Checking in....I remember Reginald Denny getting pulled out a truck and getting hit in the head. 

i was pretty young - 9 years old & in the fourth grade - but that week was definitely unforgettable. the first night, though, i was home, eyes glued to the tube & astonished at what i was seeing. �i'd been living near crenshaw/slauson so i was very close to alot of the action, and also was able see a lot of the looting firsthand later in the week during a drive through koreatown. had an aunt who lost her restaurant near the pico/fairfax area, too.�

for anyone interested, here's a great photo set from the LA Times:

http://framework.latimes....om-los-angeles-riots/#/0

and some videos: 

Originally Posted by vrai1

i was pretty young - 9 years old & in the fourth grade - but that week was definitely unforgettable. the first night, though, i was home, eyes glued to the tube & astonished at what i was seeing. �i'd been living near crenshaw/slauson so i was very close to alot of the action, and also was able see a lot of the looting firsthand later in the week during a drive through koreatown. had an aunt who lost her restaurant near the pico/fairfax area, too.�

for anyone interested, here's a great photo set from the LA Times:

http://framework.latimes....om-los-angeles-riots/#/0

and some videos:�

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I was 6 years old, but I still remember the news during this time. I also remember driving through the areas in LA with my parents and seeing all the buildings burnt up a few months after.
It was crazy times though, I look up the vids & news broadcasts of the riots and it was insane. LA looked like a war zone!

Btw, anyone remember that one movie they made about the riots? I think Ray Liota was in it

edit: Nvm, found it!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_(1997_film)

Ray Liota isn't in it, but it's got a lot of slightly well known actors in it from the 90's! I gotta find a stream of it online, cause I remember enjoying watching it when it came out.

FFFFFFFMMMMMMMMMMMMLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I FEEL OLD

I WAS 14 AND HAD JUST DUNKED FOR THE 1ST TIME...I WAS SOOO HYPED WHEN I WENT TO THE BODEGA TO BUY A GATORADE ("CITRUS COOLER" MJ'S FAV) THEY WERE WATCHING IT ON THE TV BEHIND THE COUNTER. WE WERE LIKE WOW...LA IS CRAZY..

feels-old-man-facebook-nephew.jpg

Originally Posted by jonwin

3 years old chilling at home in San Jose 
laugh.gif

Just realized that pretty soon the mid-90s will be 20 years ago 
eek.gif

ohwell.gif

Bro, when 2010 came..it hit me that 1990 was 20 years ago 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  cue the depressed frog
tumblr_l5xbdwyVI61qzr5l1o1_500.jpg

Was a freshman in high school, rocking a high top fade with a half moon carved in it.

Like this.

242701.jpg.18034.0_display_image.jpg

At the time, I thought the riots would spread everywhere, I think most people did. I thought it was the beginning of a new civil rights movement. My biggest concern at that time was getting buff and macking.

Damn, I was 12 at the time and I remember watchin it on TV like ' this can't be real life. %*@! is going down in LA!'.

I saw Reginald Denny gettin pulled out the truck and gettin a brick thrown at his face/head... CRAZY!!!

Can't believe it was 20 years ago already.....

Back
Top Bottom