Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

$125 
smokin.gif
 No complaints over here...
That discount tho 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

First time posting here, hell...first time buying J's in a while because life kind of leads you down a different path once you grow up and get married and all that garbage.  Anyway, the Aqua 8's are my favorite shoe of all time, and not having kept up with releases in years, I almost **** my pants when I walked into Champs this weekend and saw 'em on the shelf. 

A little background: I moved to Chicago in '91, staying on an army base up there named Fort Sheridan (hence the name) until '95, when we moved out to Oakland.  Army kids in that town had it rough, because the area was rich (no ****, Lake Michigan was 100 yards out and the beach was my backyard) but we weren't, so having nice stuff wasn't really that common.  Being a skinny little white 12 year old at the time, I was crazy about the Bulls.  Went to school with Bill Cartwright's son Justin, wouldn't leave the poor kid alone.  Could never get any J's because they were just too expensive.  

Anyway, my mom surprised me with the Aquas when they came out and I don't think I took 'em off until they were coming apart.  I cared more about those shoes than I did my own life at that point.  Always wanted another pair, just never kept up with retros or anything so I never got another set.  

Now we get back to the almost ******** my pants part.  Walked in, saw the shoes on the shelf, instantly turned into that 12 year old kid again.  They had two 12s left, and much to my wife's chagrin, both of those are now mine.  One is never leaving the box, while the others probably won't leave my feet for a while.  My 8 fever got so bad I went back last night and got the last 3peats they had.  I think I have a problem now.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post.  I'm just really excited over this release.  The sentimental value these shoes have for me is incredible.  Y'all take care.

First time posting here, hell...first time buying J's in a while because life kind of leads you down a different path once you grow up and get married and all that garbage.  Anyway, the Aqua 8's are my favorite shoe of all time, and not having kept up with releases in years, I almost **** my pants when I walked into Champs this weekend and saw 'em on the shelf. 

A little background: I moved to Chicago in '91, staying on an army base up there named Fort Sheridan (hence the name) until '95, when we moved out to Oakland.  Army kids in that town had it rough, because the area was rich (no ****, Lake Michigan was 100 yards out and the beach was my backyard) but we weren't, so having nice stuff wasn't really that common.  Being a skinny little white 12 year old at the time, I was crazy about the Bulls.  Went to school with Bill Cartwright's son Justin, wouldn't leave the poor kid alone.  Could never get any J's because they were just too expensive.  

Anyway, my mom surprised me with the Aquas when they came out and I don't think I took 'em off until they were coming apart.  I cared more about those shoes than I did my own life at that point.  Always wanted another pair, just never kept up with retros or anything so I never got another set.  

Now we get back to the almost ******** my pants part.  Walked in, saw the shoes on the shelf, instantly turned into that 12 year old kid again.  They had two 12s left, and much to my wife's chagrin, both of those are now mine.  One is never leaving the box, while the others probably won't leave my feet for a while.  My 8 fever got so bad I went back last night and got the last 3peats they had.  I think I have a problem now.

Anyway, sorry for the long-winded post.  I'm just really excited over this release.  The sentimental value these shoes have for me is incredible.  Y'all take care.
Well said & congrats

My first pair of these, ever.

Always wanted them though.

Last edited:

Dude you just opened up a can of nostalgia for me. Didn't think there were too many of the older set in here that was around for the original run, so seeing your heartfelt post takes me back to third grade when I personally wore my aquas into the ground, literally. I still vividly recall sitting in church with my head draped over my lap in complete adoration of those crazy, carpet tongued Jordan's.

The suede on the toe box became white and fuzzy alongside the "air Jordan" emboss on the Velcro straps.

The 2007 pair never gave me the warm and fuzzies my originals did, and this recent pair is the reason I purchased my first retro in forever. Cheers man and enjoy the double stack aquas bro!

Dude you just opened up a can of nostalgia for me. Didn't think there were too many of the older set in here that was around for the original run, so seeing your heartfelt post takes me back to third grade when I personally wore my aquas into the ground, literally. I still vividly recall sitting in church with my head draped over my lap in complete adoration of those crazy, carpet tongued Jordan's.

The suede on the toe box became white and fuzzy alongside the "air Jordan" emboss on the Velcro straps.

The 2007 pair never gave me the warm and fuzzies my originals did, and this recent pair is the reason I purchased my first retro in forever. Cheers man and enjoy the double stack aquas bro!

Love hearing these stories! My first love was the jordan xi concord sitting on display at the old footloose when I was in 6th grade and my mom telling me they were too much. I remember the day I finally got my concords (2011 rd). I was probably close to as happy as I would have been if I got them back in 6th grade!

Nostalgia.... My dad always had these. Wearable in 2004. With that being said I waited a long time to wear them, but when i did the town was like WHAAAtttt..... Ain't no way u pulled them out. My dad wore Cortez insole in these because I stole his.

Last edited:
Love hearing these stories! My first love was the jordan xi concord sitting on display at the old footloose when I was in 6th grade and my mom telling me they were too much. I remember the day I finally got my concords (2011 rd). I was probably close to as happy as I would have been if I got them back in 6th grade!

Oh man I remember sitting in 7th grade science class huddled around a classmate's Eastbay absolutely DROOLING on the black/red XI's in 1996!

I'm not sure how it was elsewhere, and a lot of people probably don't remember this, but around here the XI represented that comeback for not only MJ, but the kicks themselves to the kids back then. It seemed like when he retired nobody cared about the shoes suddenly, and when he came back the XI just as suddenly put his shoe back at the forefront of all the kids' sneaker wish lists, eclipsing the Barry Sanders', the Penny's, and whatever else that had the spotlight when MJ was off chasing fastballs.

I love those days.

God I'm old lol

I hear that bro. I'm 37 and recall the glory days of his airness. I remember watching every game after he came out from "retirement" on WGN in sheer awe.

Oh man I remember sitting in 7th grade science class huddled around a classmate's Eastbay absolutely DROOLING on the black/red XI's in 1996!

I'm not sure how it was elsewhere, and a lot of people probably don't remember this, but around here the XI represented that comeback for not only MJ, but the kicks themselves to the kids back then. It seemed like when he retired nobody cared about the shoes suddenly, and when he came back the XI just as suddenly put his shoe back at the forefront of all the kids' sneaker wish lists, eclipsing the Barry Sanders', the Penny's, and whatever else that had the spotlight when MJ was off chasing fastballs.

I love those days.

God I'm old lol

If old means I know the real Jay's then color me old lol, you ain't old man you just thoroughly know the real ****

I hear that bro. I'm 37 and recall the glory days of his airness. I remember watching every game after he came out from "retirement" on WGN in sheer awe.

I remember the highlights of my Saturday mornings being watching spots center if the bulls played the night before to see the clips from the game. I live in ct, so we only had the national games unfortunately.

I live in san Diego but we had cable tv and i was stuck to the tube on game days ( thank you wgn ). After i did homework, i would pop in the "come fly with me " vhs tape and watch over and over again. Then run outside and try my mj moves on my hoop. On game days, i sat literally three feet away from the screen and hoped to see all i could.
Or Saturday mornings wake up just to see NBA inside stuff with ahmad rashad.
Okay, clyde the glyde, okay spud webb, Dominique wilkins etc....wheres jordan highlights, where's the Bulls !
Dang....them was the days of our lives.

If 33 is old, im ancient then broham.
But i am glad i grew up when i did. Imo nothing compared to growing up in the 80-90's.
I am 37 and grew up in the 80s 90s era which I considered the best era in basketball. Like they said I saw this when I was growing up unfortunately we don't have the money to buy them J's but thanks to the retro's have the chance to get them plus my children. Just can't justify wearing color matching shirts.

LOL this thread has turned into a straight nostalgia trip, 35 year old checking in here.
Sounding like a total gramps here, but all things 90s (basketball/music/tv/movies) >* (okay, maybe not that Hammerman cartoon).

NBC knew how to get ya hyped with their NBA on NBC theme aka John Tesh's "Roundball Rock". Plopped myself on the couch and would barely move those Sundays when they'd have a triple header going.
NBA Insider Stuff, as Ahmad Rashad eventually made the whole league his "main man"
Hang Time aka Saved-by-the-Bell-with-Basketball: "Check it out, I ran into Shareef Abdur-Rahim at the mall and he agreed to drop everything to come here and give you a pep talk."

LOL this thread has turned into a straight nostalgia trip, 35 year old checking in here.
Sounding like a total gramps here, but all things 90s (basketball/music/tv/movies) >* (okay, maybe not that Hammerman cartoon).

NBC knew how to get ya hyped with their NBA on NBC theme aka John Tesh's "Roundball Rock". Plopped myself on the couch and would barely move those Sundays when they'd have a triple header going.
NBA Insider Stuff, as Ahmad Rashad eventually made the whole league his "main man"
Hang Time aka Saved-by-the-Bell-with-Basketball: "Check it out, I ran into Shareef Abdur-Rahim at the mall and he agreed to drop everything to come here and give you a pep talk."
I remember Ahmad rashad - MY MAIN MAN - lol

Back
Top Bottom