Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

30 years ago !!!!
CFF34210-A464-4DF5-9496-47C8963CF104.jpeg
will be rocking today!!! Happy 30th birthday

I recently been wearing my pair. Such a great retro. I realized I had sold my double a while back and completely forgot. I wanted to get a back up. Got a vnds pair from a fellow NTer this week. But yesterday a bid I had on goat hit! I forgot I put a bid in. So now I have 3 pairs! Don't know if I should keep them or just return the ds pair back to goat for credit minus the shipping.

I recently been wearing my pair. Such a great retro. I realized I had sold my double a while back and completely forgot. I wanted to get a back up. Got a vnds pair from a fellow NTer this week. But yesterday a bid I had on goat hit! I forgot I put a bid in. So now I have 3 pairs! Don't know if I should keep them or just return the ds pair back to goat for credit minus the shipping.

What sz is the ds pair

It was not unusual for MJ to wear an older model to practice in. The Cardinal was the last 7 to release right before the Aqua dropped. Pic is cool though.
Ah. I figured he would have had Bugs Bunny 8’s on but makes sense. I bet that pic was taken right before the All Star game. This is such an incredible retro. It might be the closest we’ve ever got to a 1:1 retro aside from 99’ BC4’s. The only difference I can see is the pull tabs in the back are smaller than the og. But shape, color, materials, and even feel are just as I remember (I had playoffs in 1993, but yea). Wearing AGAIN today. I hope the next retro is just as good with fixed pull tabs.
IMG_0174.jpeg

Cool comparison reference with this one.

I'm reiterating that I stay feeling stupid for passing on the 2015 version because I stupidly assumed the 2007 was an acceptable version. I didn't realize the discrepancies with the 2007 version until years after the 2015 version came out. The 2007 version looks like a fake now seeing it in retrospect. This comparison post makes me feel dumber about my decision to pass in 2015.

The 2015 version was still an acceptable replica despite it not being identical. The difference with that version is that the shades on all the colors on it are slightly darker than the original 1993 version. The overall shape of it is a little different as well.

What also makes me feel dumber for passing on the 2015 version is that I ended up getting that 1993 NBA All-Star Game jersey in the picture in 2019. I could have been wearing them with the jersey had I not stupidly passed on them in 2015.

It was not unusual for MJ to wear an older model to practice in. The Cardinal was the last 7 to release right before the Aqua dropped. Pic is cool though.

I'm glad you brought that up because it took me years to realize that it was Jordan's habit to wear the previous year's model at the start of a season and then debut the current season's model at the annual NBA All-Star Game and wear it for the rest of the season.

The crazy thing is that he wore the Jordan 1 for his first two NBA seasons before it became the custom for him to have a signature model for each season.

But it all changed in 1995 during the playoffs when he wore the Concord XI & Space Jam XI because it was the first time he wore a model ahead of a season. Then he wore the XI to start the 1995-96 season, which became his habit to wear the current year's model at the beginning of the season for the remainder of his career.

As much as I love these, we need more OG 7’s first, especially Charcoals and Olympics. Also, 9’s need a makeover badly. I would kill to have Charcoal 9’s with an OG-like mold - fixed jumpman and corrected shape with the higher mudguard and bulkiness.
I agree with you there, I just got a pair of the 2009 Charcoal aka Playoff 7s coming soon in the mail after hunting for some time to rock with the raptors gear and the last release was 2012 so it's been over a decade, while the Aqua 8s are still attainable with ease I got a 2015 pair deadstock a few months ago. Love the 9s also need the OG 9s in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom