Aqua 8s Black Friday 2015

Wore mine the other day
20230124_194056.jpg

Was busy with my pops today but finally got back home to see my ebay pair in hand. Sadly no box but they gave me a verified authentic ebay dustbag to use so I simply tossed my old pair in it and used the original box for the newer pair. I'm super happy to have them in hand, they definitely are pretty much DS with very minimal creasing on the toes and medial sides of the shoes near the strap buckles.
20230129_190054.jpg
20230129_190105.jpg
20230129_190124.jpg
20230129_190210.jpg
20230129_190240.jpg

My pair I purchased back in 2015 has seen some ****. :lol: I was a sophomore in high school when they released, and they were my first pair of Jordan's since my childhood, and the first pair I ever saved up my own money to buy. For a long, long time I babied them, cleaning them after every wear but eventually I kinda just stopped caring and only really cleaned them as needed. They're tanks and the nu-durabuck/nikebuck that was used on these cleans up wonderfully which made it easier to put them thru hell without caring so much. But, these shoes have been with me through many a winter storm, rainy day, etc. and through many important moments in my life, from high school to my early college years, so I eventually retired them in order to preserve what was left of them. Now that I've got another pair I can resume wearing them.
20230129_185815.jpg
20230129_185825.jpg
20230129_185853.jpg

Seems like leather Js would be better for the Winter. You don’t want all of that snow and salt staining the suede.
The '15 Aqua's don't use suede. It's more so a faux Durabuck that Nike created to use in place of the original Durabuck from the 80s/90s due to them no longer having access to it or more specifically, no manufacturer to create it. I remember people in this thread coining the term "Nikebuck" during the time of this release as a result. Regardless though, whatever it is, the material is incredibly resilient much more so than traditional nubuck or suede. I've worn my first pair through rain, sleet and snow and the material cleaned up fine every time. Even the suede overlay on the heel and eyestay. Yet despite it so, they always cleaned up fine. I live in southeast Michigan so it isn't like our winters are something to scoff at either.

The '15 Aqua's don't use suede. It's more so a faux Durabuck that Nike created to use in place of the original Durabuck from the 80s/90s due to them no longer having access to it or more specifically, no manufacturer to create it. I remember people in this thread coining the term "Nikebuck" during the time of this release as a result. Regardless though, whatever it is, the material is incredibly resilient much more so than traditional nubuck or suede. I've worn my first pair through rain, sleet and snow and the material cleaned up fine every time. Even the suede overlay on the heel and eyestay. Yet despite it so, they always cleaned up fine. I live in southeast Michigan so it isn't like our winters are something to scoff at either.
That’s what’s up! I’m in Detroit!

The 2015 retro really looks identical to those 1993 OG’s! It’s literally 1:1
Pretty much. Besides the absence of actual Durabuck, the the only thing Nike could really have done to make the '15 release even more accurate is to once again use open cell polyurethane for the midsole which is what the OGs used, and darken the suede heel as well as the eyestay.

Pretty much. Besides the absence of actual Durabuck, the the only thing Nike could really have done to make the '15 release even more accurate is to once again use open cell polyurethane for the midsole which is what the OGs used, and darken the suede heel as well as the eyestay.
Also, the pull tab in the back doesn’t come up as high as the OG, or maybe it’s just more attached to the inner booty so it’s smaller. But yea other than that, near perfect retro. Love my pair though I don’t wear them as much as I should.

Back
Top Bottom