Are Authentic Jersey's really worth it?

Just order the authentic jersey from Eastbay and a replica from wherever, and return the replica back to Eastbay for a full refund.

Originally Posted by bussinessilicitos

Originally Posted by nicefro

adidas' any soccer authentics
pimp.gif
NHL authentics
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
my Authentic Sharks Alternate Jersey is the sickest jersey I've ever owned, and I've owned ALOT of jerseys.

I've only ever bought one new authentic, the rest I've picked up cheap because they're old/traded players. I'm happy wearing ones like my oldButler (Heat), Finley (Mavs), and Camby (old style Nuggets), as long as they're some of my favourite players and good quality. Authentic is definitely alot better and I really only wear Swingmans around the house or to the gym. I don't really wear Authentics much anymore either unless it's the summer.Maybe to school or the store, I rarely (if ever) go out wearing an authentic unless it's the summer.

I have a few authentics, but really, while they're much better quality, if you're just rockin them to several games every year, there's nothingwrong with a swingman. A swingman is not only cheaper, but easier to wash. Authentics are dope as hell but it's only worth it if you're gonna rock emfor a long time, and you're sure the player won't get traded or you're sure the player means something to the franchise even if he's traded.The quality is definitely way better and it'll last longer, but unless it's high on your priority list, save the money and just get a swingman (whichyou can often find for cheaper)

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Originally Posted by yungmatt

*waits for someone to ask if people still wear jerseys*
smh.gif
My homeboy said that I almost slapped the hell outta him.

knicks throwback in the summer
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I want one but I don't have any good sneakers to go with it.Hopefully the true blue III's retro this year.

I would say do your homework. You can probably get an authentic for nearly the same price as a swingman online.

as for basketball jerseys, nike swingmans come pretty close to authentics, i wore my black sacramento j-will nike swingman today
but for baseball I do agree, authentics >>> replicas, and i have some replicas

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Yea, its worth it. The double stitching, material, look, etc... all worth it, imo.
agreed

except that marbury one i bought
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
And it's even more
eek.gif
on teams that have a big difference,ie the Magic lay out from several years ago. The stars on the background on the authentic made the jersey 100x better.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

as for basketball jerseys, nike swingmans come pretty close to authentics, i wore my black sacramento j-will nike swingman today
but for baseball I do agree, authentics >>> replicas, and i have some replicas

I agree about some Nike swingmans being close to the authentics. Remember when Nike dropped the Jordan Bullets jersey? That swingman was pretty much on pointwith the authentics, and when Nike finally released the authentics not that many people bought the authentics since they already had the swingman version. Onthe other hand, like wj4 said, other authentics are just that much better than the swingmans. I remember flossin' my McGrady Magics in HS while other dudesthought they were doin' it with their replicas and swingman with no stars shinin'.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Swingman>>>Authentic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Replica

IMO authentics should just stay on the court and i'm not even gonna speak on replicas.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

As long as you don't pay full price.
yea, you can definitely find some for cheap nowadays. This sports bar around my way are selling some NFL authentics for $50 a pop.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

yea, you can definitely find some for cheap nowadays. This sports bar around my way are selling some NFL authentics for $50 a pop.
Yeah of like traded players and stuff.

Speaking of jerseys, can anyone find the thread on Asians wearing jerseys. I have read the thread was hilarious but I was never able to find it.

i always thought about just buying a replica and then removing the adidas/nike logo that was on there...then it would look authentic...so yeah...personally,thats what i would do

I only have authentic throwbacks now.. but I sold all my regular authentics... swingmans are cool...My first jersey was a LAMAR ODOM clippers home jersey....When I came to school with that i got mad love and that was in 2000... Times probably have change cuz these kids only rok top of line or none at all

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

Yeah of like traded players and stuff.
Either that or they were probably fakes (well-made fakes at that)

i was one of the first kids in my school wearing a nike swingman (sprewell knicks jersey)....at the time, people thought I had an authentic
grin.gif
laugh.gif
(this was way before the jersey craze was starting)

IMO authentics should just stay on the court and i'm not even gonna speak on replicas.
roll.gif

this ninja got no idea whats he talkin about....

and for the record...

PROCUT >> authentic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>swingman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>replica

34825_01_lg.jpg

even if it wasn't game worn or autographed it would still be worth a grip...thankfully i have a procut barkley in the alt black colorway
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

roll.gif

this ninja got no idea whats he talkin about....

Just stick to your jersey dresses buddy

I don't know about some of you guys, but Authentics fit me, and most people I know like dresses.

I was interested in buying one time, but the size 48 went down to my knees.

laugh.gif
i remember a dude on Nt posted a pic of himself in a jersey that long,anybody remember that? it was a while back like in 2002-03 period

Back
Top Bottom