Are the v's a good shoe to play ball in?

I think I just made a mistake with buying some v's. Long story. Not gonna relive the horror. But since I'm stuck with them, are they a good shoe to play ball in?

IMO their in my top 5 favorite shoes to ball in,
1.XIVs
2.XX2s
3.XX3
4.huarache 2k4
5.Vs
They have
Pros: good traction and court feel
Cons: I question the durability and the ankle support is kind of lacking via the giant tongue

Edit: I ball in green bean Vs

I have balled in shox, 2k4, adidas as well as Jordan V and I think V has the best cushioning of em all. probably because they're air max, feels likeyou're running on pillow when you got these on. Exelent for ball except for the fact that it's really wide and there are alot horizontal movement.Other than that, great shoes

no.

they hurt my feet.

other players that got injured in them include cp3, kenyon martin, and mj himself.

mine hasn't wear out at all after 20 hours of play. I think it's because mine are the 06's retroes. CDP V's are crappy as hell

i know it sounds crazy...but the xi's are a better shoe to ball in...they got ankle support...theyre comfy...and the traction for me was really nice when iused them..now theyre just for show...lol

I hate balling in these shoes. I bought the Laney's back in 2000(*@+) because they matched our school colors. They were bulky, wide, and gave poor support.Unless you are a paint only player, not a choice shoe to ball in.

Compared to the newer shoes out on the market, I'd have to say no. All the Jordan Retro's from IX down have an antiquated cushioning system that'snot up to par with current technology. That being said, if you put a pair of sport insoles in them (either on top of the existing ones for an extra snug fit orin place of them) it;ll be a drastic improvement. I play in my V's, but I usually only do that when I've gone at least a day without playing so Idon't notice the difference between them and something current, like say the '08 Huaraches. Give it a shot, if nothing else you can use them for drillswhen you're working on your game alone.

i like them personally, i have wide feet, i can fit double socks on perfectly...

I just realised that they are just Air Sole but still, for some reason the cushioning is still really good for me. I only hate the fact that they're wideand I've finaly sprained my ankle in them because of the huge tounge
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom