Are the Yeezy's the best non-retro Nike shoe of this decade?

Originally Posted by briannnnn

These shoes are only worth a damn because Kanye's name is attached to them.

If these were a standard GR by Nike: $14.99 on clearance racks easily

I agree...

"$14.99 on clearance racks easily"... and still I wouldn't get them. IMO, I thnk they're just ugly.

The shoes are wack. Period. Couldn't see myself coppin these just because of Kanye West. D*mn hype is a motherfloodpucker

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Yeezy's are whack. Kanye is whack.

you said of this decade? meaning last 10 years, or since 2000?

either way thats way too many shoes for me to think about, but the one that stands out the most to me was....

(last 10 years)
Gold-Flightposite-Nike-Basketball.jpg

What he said.!

i dont agree with the phrasing of "og design," but yes i understand what you're saying. im gonna have to disagree with the reasoning behindreplies that simply say that it's a shoe taken from parts of other shoes, because this answer can be applied to most any current shoe. i like how theyeezys look, and think it's a fresh design that hasn't been seen. but i wouldnt say it's the best non-retro this decade.

my answer is gonna be the am 360. and even that can be said to take reference to all its predecessors.

I'm a huge Kanye fan... and a fan of the Yeezy's... but that's a stretch if I ever heard one, bro.

So many shoe have been released throughout this decade...

The Yeezy isn't even very inspired.

Kanye's shoe is just like Kanye's music.

Derivative.

It's just another Fusion.

Nike are moving more and more towards "Athletic inspired" shoes, and further away from the performance shoes that helped put them on the map in thefirst place.

imo alot of the shoes you said about the 90's sat on shelves then and didnt get big till later.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Derivative.

Nike are moving more and more towards "Athletic inspired" shoes, and further away from the performance shoes that helped put them on the map in the first place.
well put.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Derivative.

Nike are moving more and more towards "Athletic inspired" shoes, and further away from the performance shoes that helped put them on the map in the first place.

ala AND1?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

This topic is pointless and i would say stick it in the OTHER KANYE YEEZY THREAD but i'd rather just see this locked and not repeated.

The best OG designed nike...??

How the hell do you "OG design" a new shoe??

That doesn't even make any damn sense.
A new shoe can't have an original design? Or does OG mean something totally different now?

LeBron II's, Shox Stunners>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Yeezy's.

Both those shoes were dope on the court and with jeans.

Originally Posted by bwc1139

imo alot of the shoes you said about the 90's sat on shelves then and didnt get big till later.

really doe.

The best shoe of this decade to me is the Huarache 2K4.

Other shoes over the Air Yeezy are......

SHOX VC2
SHOX Bomber
LeBron 2
LeBron 3
Air Max 03
LeBron 4
Kobe 2

Silly toy,
The Air Yeezys are for the Fem Bots that follow Kanye.

Best so far: Air Max 360, Hyperdunk, Lebron 3, Kobe 2

Originally Posted by geminifly

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by geminifly

For those of you that disagree, what shoe would you say is the best of this decade?

are we talking performance and looks combined?? My vote has the ultraflight up there quite high we're going back quite a ways to 2002.... booty design built into a plastic shell.. performance was out of this world.
I was generally talking about the design and I was basing it on shoes released since 2000.

@manglor I should have said the "best non-retro" of this decade and not put the Yeezy in the title. I just did it because that was my
answer to the question.

I'm surprised that no one is upset as I am that the designs from this decade compared to the '90s is not even close. I wanted to start
a dialogue about how and why Nike fell off. I mean, I haven't bought a non-retro Nike or JB shoe besides the Spiz'ike and Dub Zeros
in about 10 years or so. None of the kicks that have been mentioned thus far are hot to me. Whereas when I was coming up, you
would be hard pressed to find a sig shoe that wasn't ill, plus all of the other releases.
why do you think we all buy retro's? you're not the only one copping them. very foolish statement.
grin.gif

Best shoe of this decade was the Presto IMO, followed by the first generation air max 360's, then the nike zoom vapor 3 and the Nike zoom lebron I. Theyeezy's are probably one of the worst shoes of the decade.

I agree the flightpos are primo thats why i have the gold and the eggplants and i'm waitin on the metallics.

Back
Top Bottom