Are we 100 percent free on freedom speech on NT?

This forum, or the people who make the rules, tries too hard to be mature, but ironically end up being very childish in what topics and words are "taboo" here.

No it's not a 100% free. Freedom of speech is limited to what the administrators decide is permissible.

Originally Posted by BronLe

This forum, or the people who make the rules, tries too hard to be mature, but ironically end up being very childish in what topics and words are "taboo" here.
There it is. Disney Channel is edgier than NT at times.

Originally Posted by romedadude

A mogul's son...

*$!+#*@ 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't even say mugmug?
laugh.gif

the guy who started that was hilarious

Originally Posted by Dagrandesoda

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by romedadude

A mogul's son...

*$!+#*@ 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Can't even say mugmug?
laugh.gif
the guy who started that was hilarious
Right here sir
pimp.gif
I still don't know what it means or why it's banned. I missed out on that going on NT general just like how I missed out on when MonStar1 got known for rhyming in all of his posts and why it's so funny.

I hear you, I got a warning no less than 24hrs ago. Can't say how that made me feel, just seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru and around.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by G14

remember i got banned for saying stop being "spooky" (being scary) to a nter member

said it was racist ...had no idea it was even used in racist terms...never heard anybody use it before
laugh.gif

wasnt fair in my case...dude who  reported it was a clown tho who trolls nonstop
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Son! Hell naw! Never knew that was offensive! 

some threads are non stop bashing of other members and other threads get shut down quickly for one remark.
you just got to appreciate the threads that have the E-wars

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

No it's not a 100% free. Freedom of speech is limited to what the administrators decide is permissible.

Yep.
The usage and definition of the term "offensive" comes to mind...
30t6p3b.gif

Subjective at best...
nerd.gif

Well I found it interesting that a thread on Kobe Bryant being forced to move from his home, then moving into a hotel, was suddenly deleted, simply disappeared.

I didn't understand that at all.

not even close. I'll never forget the dude getting banned for the TL DNR gif that someone replied to Meth after the block o' text. Joint had me shaking my head for real.

9943545963f7a6afb31ff5ec2b1db477c55538b.jpeg

It's always funny to me when trolls complain about the rules.  That's sort of the point.  
We don't want desperate attention seekers to post here.  We don't want bigots to post here.  We don't want people who are rude, disrespectful, and obnoxious to post here.  

Frankly, that's our right.  NikeTalk is a private community.  You agreed to abide by our policy when you signed up.  NikeTalk was like this before you joined and it'll be like this after you leave.  So, I really don't get why some people assume we're going to change everything up just for them.  Our policies seem to have worked pretty well for us over the past 12 years.

I understand there are rules, but is it really possible to state your true honest opinion without repercussions?

Here you are, after who even knows how many troll accounts, finally receiving that Nth chance you've been begging us for.... and this is how you've decided to use it?  To whine about how oppressive NikeTalk is?  
Go away.

NikeTalk doesn't exist solely for your amusement.  

I don't care if someone's "real and honest opinion" is that User X is ugly.  That doesn't give you the right to post as much in a PYP thread.  You may "honestly believe" in racism, sexism, or heterosexism.  Why, though, do you think that entitles you to broadcast that opinion on a private message board?  

This isn't a right we've somehow taken from you.  You're asking for a "right" you never had to begin with.  

You aren't born with posting access to NikeTalk.  You chose to sign up here and, thus, you chose to accept the limitations that come with it.  We're not going to turn it into a free for all just because a handful of malcontents are pouting about their inability to offend/mock/harass/irritate those who use our forums in good faith.  

not even close. I'll never forget the dude getting banned for the TL DNR gif that someone replied to Meth after the block o' text. Joint had me shaking my head for real.

1.  That user was suspended, not banned.  (Though he had a history of offenses and would later earn a permanent banishment within weeks of his return.)

2.  In that thread, users were complaining about the "fad" of TLDR posts and I agreed that such behavior was at best "free posting" and at worst a personal attack/trolling.  I made it clear that we were tired of it and that the staff would respond to these offenses accordingly.  The user in question took the utterly predictable tack of mocking my own post with a "TLDR" gif.  

Did you ever see the Simpsons episode where Marge becomes a cop and Homer parks across 3 handicapped spaces while running into the Kwik-E-Mart to buy some beer for elementary school students?  Homer expects Marge to look the other way and, when she doesn't, he steals her police hat and starts openly mocking her in front of a growing crowd.  

Your hand is essentially forced in a situation like that.  If you take no action when the rules are directly flaunted right in front of you, then you've allowed someone to effectively deny the legitimacy of the rules and your right to enforce them.  It's not happening.  

The usage and definition of the term "offensive" comes to mind... 
30t6p3b.gif

Subjective at best...
nerd.gif

If you're to exclude any content whatsoever for any reason whatsoever, you're making a subjective value judgment.  

Your only real gripe seems to be that your subjective preferences aren't granted hegemony here.  What can I say?  Tough cookies, pal.  Go start your own site. 

Isn't your whole deal that people shouldn't be allowed to force their beliefs down your throat?  Well, if you can believe whatever you want in your own home then I certainly have the right to enforce a policy I believe in on a site I co-founded.  You're here by choice.  How would you like if it Tim Tebow wandered into r/atheism and complained that the forum wasn't accepting enough of his religious views?  

NikeTalk exists because we, as its founders, were sick of dealing with the hatred, immaturity, and bigotry that ruined existing sneaker message boards.  I'd say that the past 12 years have demonstrated that sufficient demand exists for a site like the one we'd envisioned.  

If that's not to your personal liking, then by all means feel free to enjoy the youtube comments section and wshh.  There's no shortage of unmoderated forum experiences available online.  We have absolutely every right to offer a moderated alternative if we so choose.

If I sell fruit juice, don't cry to me because it isn't carbonated and full of corn syrup.  Just drink soda.

This was my way of saying that though after the 800th chance, i'm scared that how i feel and what my interested are seem to cause so much commotion to the point where i feel like i'm not free. Let me ask you a question meth. If I made a BBW apperciation topic would that be allowed? OR what if I made topicis about how immigrantion rules are needed to control the population and level of stablity in this country?

Back
Top Bottom