Are We Watching Rick Ross Fall Off?

illphillip wrote:
Every street dude I know is NICE with the avys. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

HOW DO YOU NT'ERS NOT FEEL/HEAR WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYIN'?!
I'm sorry ya'll are lost and cannot be found if your sayin' Rozay can't spit
30t6p3b.gif

You like and listen to Nicki Minaj though champ.

And you think Lil B is the greatest
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Dude got like five albums and cats keep pointing to ONE song to prove he's lyrical?
But is being lyrical really that important
Kobe has 5 rings, and isn't as versatile as Lebron is. Don't take away from his greatness. 

Some dudes act like you gotta spit like the 2nd coming of Lupe and Nas in order to be a good rapper. 

Ross has a good amount of lyrical tracks. Hell, Wiz can get lyrical if you put him in a room and force him to be. 

These _s just don't want to be. 

Originally Posted by PRIME

Dude got like five albums and cats keep pointing to ONE song to prove he's lyrical?
Kobe has 5 rings, and isn't as versatile as Lebron is. Don't take away from his greatness. 

Some dudes act like you gotta spit like the 2nd coming of Lupe and Nas in order to be a good rapper. 

Ross has a good amount of lyrical tracks. Hell, Wiz can get lyrical if you put him in a room and force him to be. 

Yeah but being lyrical is one thing, but being repetitive is entirely different..

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Yeah but being lyrical is one thing, but being repetitive is entirely different..
I can dig that, but at the end of the day, if this fool changed his %%+% up *cough* like Hov *cough* then fools will still go at your neck. 
So at the end of the day, what the !%*% is he supposed to do? What would you do? You drop that fire on the radio and people are eating it up. Its so popular that you got other rappers biting your formula for a hit. So you switch it up? Or you keep it going and show everyone that YOU made that style big? The BMF, MC Hammer, Stay Scheming style is ROSS. Thats part of that mans style. 

He has his Mafia Music vibe, then he has his Super High vibe, and then he has his BMF vibe. This is his formula and his evolution of style. 

Just because it doesn't appeal to some, that doesn't mean others wont like it. 

Its always those who don't rock with it that always have to take %%+% deeper than what it really is, which is music

So _s in hte hood ain't riding around blasting Ross. Who the !%*% cares? Last time I checked, ain't nobody influenced by the hood anymore. That %%+% ended in 2003. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
cut that out right now

roll.gif
Stopped after that dumb +%@ question. If you don't want to discuss it, don't discuss it. Don't start criticizing and questioning the importance of a claim made because the answer is something you don't like and then come with piss poor basketball analogies. If being lyrical is not important to you should not even mind this debate.

Nobody ever said Ross is not lyrical therefore he is not a good rapper. Somebody said Ross fell off lyrically
laugh.gif
but the thing he never was on. Besides his tired act and repetitive generic music is why he isn't a good rapper.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

roll.gif
Stopped after that dumb +%@ question. If you don't want to discuss it, don't discuss it. Don't start criticizing and questioning the importance of a claim made because the answer is something you don't like and then come with piss poor basketball analogies. If being lyrical is not important to you should not even mind this debate.

Nobody ever said Ross is not lyrical therefore he is not a good rapper. Somebody said Ross fell off lyrically
laugh.gif
but the thing he never was on. Besides his tired act and repetitive generic music is why he isn't a good rapper.
Right, first. Prove my basketball analogy wrong. Then try answering my question, is lyrical ability THAT important? Because dudes acting like Ross got Soulja Boy syndrome or something. Like he had a couple good tracks and now he's falling off the face of the earth. Or like he doesn't have an album on the way + a mixtape that didn't just drop.  
Miss me with that. You aren't saying a damn thing right now. You're replying to me with no real answers. 

Dudes in here talking about Ross' street credibility as if its got a damn thing to do with him making music. 

Some of you are more attached to your "street heroes" more than the music itself. 

Like what are dudes really bringing up his "street cred" like it has any effect on his success? 

I asked a simple question, is his lyrical efforts as important as you all are making it out to be? If its a good track then its a good track. 

And if its a good track, the hell is there to complain about? Shut the %#%@ up and appreciate it for what it is, a track that sounds good. Easy as that, right?

Cause form the past 1-2 years, Ricky has been everywhere, so how are we watching him fall off? If anything the man is in his damn prime as far as his career is going. 

And stop acting like you ain't read my whole post. You probably read that *%*% twice. 

The whole debate is whether he is lyrical or not, so obviously my post asking if the focus on lyrical ability shows what side of the debate I'm on. Sherlock. 

If you can't answer my question, don't say anything to me about it, because you're really not saying anything of importance to me. 

Can someone answer my question? Because saying "he isn't a good rapper" is all a matter of personal opinion, and I didn't ask if this fool thought he was a good rapper. I want to know why some of you feel like being lyrical is that important. 

Originally Posted by Qualmes

But is being lyrical really that important

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 cut that out right now 

Son, I'm just as big a Kobe fan is as the next man, but I'm just saying, Ross has 5 albums, Kobe has 5 rings. 
Kobe can't play as many positions as Lebron can, so for the sake of my analogy, we're giving the "lyrical ability" to Lebron. 

Where as Kobe cannot play every position as well as Lebron can, Kobe takes what he's good at and bring home rings. Where as Lebron doesn't. 

Flip it to the Ross vs *insert lyrical rapper here*. Ross may not be as lyrical as some other rappers, but they aren't exactly the "hottest MC in the game right now". 

Thats pretty much as far as my analogy meant to go. So in other words, lyrical ability *in my opinion* doesn't really mean as much as some people make it out to be. You can release bangers, and be a successful artist without having the best lyrical skills. 

Thats all I was trying to say with that. 

Was it the best analogy in the world? Hell no, but my point was made through it. All I really care about regarding that. 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Right, first. Prove my basketball analogy wrong. Then try answering my question, is lyrical ability THAT important? Because dudes acting like Ross got Soulja Boy syndrome or something. Like he had a couple good tracks and now he's falling off the face of the earth. Or like he doesn't have an album on the way + a mixtape that didn't just drop.  
Miss me with that. You aren't saying a damn thing right now. You're replying to me with no real answers. 

Dudes in here talking about Ross' street credibility as if its got a damn thing to do with him making music. 

Some of you are more attached to your "street heroes" more than the music itself. 

Like what are dudes really bringing up his "street cred" like it has any effect on his success? 

I asked a simple question, is his lyrical efforts as important as you all are making it out to be? If its a good track then its a good track. 

And if its a good track, the hell is there to complain about? Shut the %#%@ up and appreciate it for what it is, a track that sounds good. Easy as that, right?

Cause form the past 1-2 years, Ricky has been everywhere, so how are we watching him fall off? If anything the man is in his damn prime as far as his career is going. 

And stop acting like you ain't read my whole post. You probably read that *%*% twice. 

The whole debate is whether he is lyrical or not, so obviously my post asking if the focus on lyrical ability shows what side of the debate I'm on. Sherlock. 

If you can't answer my question, don't say anything to me about it, because you're really not saying anything of importance to me. 

Can someone answer my question? Because saying "he isn't a good rapper" is all a matter of personal opinion, and I didn't ask if this fool thought he was a good rapper. I want to know why some of you feel like being lyrical is that important. 
I don't need to prove your analogy wrong. It does NOT apply. Lyrical ability is important to rap fans who care about lyrics. If you don't care about the lyrical ability of a rapper of course it would not matter to you and you'd be satisfied with just a good beat and a catchy hook. The truth is if you love hip hop. ALL of it is important and all of it matters. You don't start looking to see what parts are as important as others.

You obviously don't know or don't care about what's involved with being a rapper. You acting like lyrics and the lyrical abilities from different rappers aren't one of the main draws to hip hop music but if you on your commercial pop shh of course what is being said and the skill in how it's being said wouldn't matter to you. Like how is it a good track if the lyrics are whack?

I defended Ross cause I said the *#*# is old?

Ya'll been wasting energy on this for years ..YEARS

So +*+! outta here Phillip with your bs

I don't got *#*# to prove to none you *%!+$$ man

You came at me sideways cuz of avy ..

At the end of the day, there are street *%!+$$ who do listen and street *%!+$$ who don't listen to Ross

Originally Posted by Deuce King

HOW DO YOU NT'ERS NOT FEEL/HEAR WHAT THIS MAN IS SAYIN'?!
I'm sorry ya'll are lost and cannot be found if your sayin' Rozay can't spit
30t6p3b.gif

You like and listen to Nicki Minaj though champ.

And you think Lil B is the greatest
indifferent.gif

Only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong.  Before this moment you have never seen me mention Lil B so I'm not sure where you got that assumption from.  Either way that still doesn't change the fact that you are the one and only MALE member of the Nicki Minaj fan club. 

Wow let me expand on my idea of Ross having lyrical ability, I may have over emphasized his lyrical skill and obviously he hasnt tried to push his lyricisim on every track but he DOES have the ability to spit with a high quality (poetic skills i.e alliteration, imagery) and he usually have a GREAT beat selection (WHERE THE %%%% ARE THE OLYMPACKS AT???)

heres some tracks:

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

That street/trap/Lex Luger riddem music is what's bringing the money in for him and MMG. He basically took over that lane with BMF and it would be foolish for him to veer from that lane with the money attention he's making...

His songs such as "Triple Beam Dreams", "Mafia Music", "Rich Forever", etc is proof that he's still capable of making the type of music that we all prefer...

I'm pretty sure his album will be filled with the likes of these tracks... as long as Def Jam doesn't mess up the flow of the album...
I agree with all of this. 

if it wasn't for that verse on Devil in a New Dress, i probably would have never listened to dude
laugh.gif

"Had cyphers with Yeezy before mouth wired" is few times i don't have a problem with "ughh"

Free Masons is a good one too

Whoever made the Kobe/Lebron comparison in relation to Rick Ross as an MC....I don't even like Kobe, but
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
awful awful irrelevant comparison.

I think Ross' appeal in his lyrics is more in his style/flow/delivery than what he actually says, and backed behind really good production, makes
him sound better than he actually may be. Not even mad. There's plenty of intricate rappers out there who wish they had Ross' flow along with
their own content. Immortal Technique rings a bell. Dude has some really good lyrics/content, but sounds &@*#($^ terrible.

Ross threads are always good for some laughs.

He's far from wack, but I wouldn't call him lyrical. I guess the bar has been set that low though.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

he hasnt tried to push his lyricisim on every track but he DOES have the ability to spit with a high quality (poetic skills i.e alliteration, imagery)  

Fantastic4our wrote:
Dude is clever with the word play, kills the alliteration, internal rhymes and imagery.

But N*s in here refuse to comprehend the reality you both stated...

They wanna undermine his ability by shifting the attention to his "street cred" and album sales...

If you listen to enough of his music, you'd know that he has some quality tracks/verses starting from about a half-a-decade ago...

Has he fell off?? I wouldn't say that with given the position he's in now.

Is his music redundant?? Some of his material can be, but, again, that's a lane he basically created, excelled, and profited greatly from... So I doubt we'd see a change any time soon.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

He's far from wack, but I wouldn't call him lyrical. I guess the bar has been set that low though.

We have a winner. 
Cats need to learn how to step away from their fandom. Opinion and "reality" are not one in the same. 

Is there no reality in album sales? Is that not a reality that should be comprehended? Or do Ross' fans like to ignore things like that when it's convenient. 

Is there not something separating guys like Jeezy and Ross, who would seem to make similar music for similar audiences, when one sells more than the other? 

MTV and a lot of cats on here got it twisted. Ross the hottest rapper over Jay, Kanye, Drake etc. Not even. 

It's people making things out to be greater than they are that tend to do themselves and the artist a disservice. 

Ross is a master MARKETER and a very good, potentially GREAT businessman. Not the same as being a great or the hottest MC. 

Is he falling off, no. But time will tell from here. Is he stumbling a bit with his own music....perhaps. 

Is he more than making up for it as a businessman.....yes. So that's not a fall off. 

Is that a fair assessment? I think so. 

Is his music redundant?? Some of his material can be, but, again, that's a lane he basically created, excelled, and profited greatly from... So I doubt we'd see a change any time soon.

STOP IT

I was with you for a second but just stop.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

STOP IT

I was with you for a second but just stop.

laugh.gif
I'm sayin.

Back
Top Bottom