Are you serious?...vol. Troy Tulowitzki

[h1]Tulowitzki guaranteed $157.75M by Rockies[/h1]
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer 16 minutes ago

DENVER (AP)—Troy Tulowitzki(notes) and the Colorado Rockies are looking ahead with2020 vision.

The sides agreed Tuesday to a new contract that pays Tulowitzki anadditional $132 million over seven seasons through 2020, a deal that meansColorado has guaranteed the All-Star shortstop $157.75 million in the nextdecade.

“I’m really lucky,

[h1]Tulowitzki guaranteed $157.75M by Rockies[/h1]
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer 16 minutes ago

DENVER (AP)—Troy Tulowitzki(notes) and the Colorado Rockies are looking ahead with2020 vision.

The sides agreed Tuesday to a new contract that pays Tulowitzki anadditional $132 million over seven seasons through 2020, a deal that meansColorado has guaranteed the All-Star shortstop $157.75 million in the nextdecade.

“I’m really lucky,

Dude is a stud, doe.

Rockies always do this: Todd Helton, Mike Hampton and Denny Neagle (lesser extent)

Dude is a stud, doe.

Rockies always do this: Todd Helton, Mike Hampton and Denny Neagle (lesser extent)

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
  Wow...Rockies are screwing themselves for years with this move.
Are they? Tulo is one of, if not the best shortstop in the game.

What the @#$%?  Does that say they hold a club option for 14 mil in 2021???? 
eek.gif
roll.gif
  Jesus Christ, who is his agent? 
laugh.gif

Derek Jeter gon lose his mind when he see this. 
roll.gif

What the @#$%?  Does that say they hold a club option for 14 mil in 2021???? 
eek.gif
roll.gif
  Jesus Christ, who is his agent? 
laugh.gif

Derek Jeter gon lose his mind when he see this. 
roll.gif

I know he's a great player and an even better person and it's cool he wants to stay there for his entire career..but...how the hell can that franchise put together a competitive team around him?  They aren't exactly a big market team.  Think he would have taken less so they had a little more flexibility to get pieces to fit around him?

I know he's a great player and an even better person and it's cool he wants to stay there for his entire career..but...how the hell can that franchise put together a competitive team around him?  They aren't exactly a big market team.  Think he would have taken less so they had a little more flexibility to get pieces to fit around him?

Uhhhh how? Tulo is without question the best shortstop in the majors, and chances are his performance will live up to the value of that contract. A superior offensive/defensive player, he can hit for incredible power and average as a shortstop, which gives him a ton of positional value. The timing of this deal is certainly questionable though, they had him locked up until 2013 or 14 I believe. Still, on the open market the Yanks/Sox would have thrown 200 mil at him without blinking.

Plus the Rockies payroll was ~85 mil and is trending upwards. If you're gonna give anyone 20 mil its probably the best shortstop in the game.

Uhhhh how? Tulo is without question the best shortstop in the majors, and chances are his performance will live up to the value of that contract. A superior offensive/defensive player, he can hit for incredible power and average as a shortstop, which gives him a ton of positional value. The timing of this deal is certainly questionable though, they had him locked up until 2013 or 14 I believe. Still, on the open market the Yanks/Sox would have thrown 200 mil at him without blinking.

Plus the Rockies payroll was ~85 mil and is trending upwards. If you're gonna give anyone 20 mil its probably the best shortstop in the game.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

This is my thinking as well. If anything, it saves them money over the long haul (assuming he doesn't get hurt, which is a risk).

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

This is my thinking as well. If anything, it saves them money over the long haul (assuming he doesn't get hurt, which is a risk).

Um. Not so sure the thread title and the article have anything to do with one another.

Um. Not so sure the thread title and the article have anything to do with one another.

He's a stud but he needs to stay healthy. Missed 40 games last year and 61 in 08.

He's a stud but he needs to stay healthy. Missed 40 games last year and 61 in 08.

Health is his major concern. One of the best fielding SS's in the game and is only going to get better with the bat. But, they did have him in control until 2013 so I don't understand the need for this now.

Health is his major concern. One of the best fielding SS's in the game and is only going to get better with the bat. But, they did have him in control until 2013 so I don't understand the need for this now.

Back
Top Bottom