Are your CGXI already yellowing?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Are your CGXI already yellowing?
The underneath is yellowing, but the sole itself is still white.  Are yours yellowing?

Yup, exactly same here. very annoyed. Im sure my 2011 concords will be the same

Wore my pair maybe 3-4 times and still icy soles. Deadstock pair is icy as well with a hint of yellowing around the pods on the sole. Barely noticeable unless you look closely though.

mine are DS and a tiny bit yellow around the pods...

but i've been told if you dye them over and over again with the blue rit dye (b4 you unDS them, basically), it will keep them icey much, much longer...

is that true?

My pair is still DS and yellowing slightly around the pods. No biggie. When I start rocking them to death and they turn piss yellow is when I'll worry.

Originally Posted by SOFA KING AWSM

Mine are. Smh. JB need to come out with some non-yelllowing soles.

^^^This 100% agree I've been saying this for a while now ...Nike/JB need to get back in the lab instead of just designing lighter material

my pair started to yellow around the pods slightly but retrobrite took care of that. they now can pass for DS, the soles still have that greyish blue tint.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

My pair is still DS and yellowing slightly around the pods. No biggie. When I start rocking them to death and they turn piss yellow is when I'll worry.

QFT...same here bro...

I have two pairs and the one that I have worn is very slightly yellowing. While on the other hand the ds pair I have sotred in a zip lock with silica stored in box in closet is supper icy!!

Originally Posted by Vuey

Originally Posted by southwesthouston

I dyed the soles with sea glow and ryt dye a little and that hide the yellowing very good
Mate, the 2010 CG XI has the tinted blue sole, does the Sea Glow affect that blue tint in anyway ?

I'd like to know this as well...

i took my paper out after like 3 months after release..it was speeding up the yellowing. I store em with a few silica packs in my closet. they look good last time i looked which was over the summer.

Originally Posted by kingofkingz

They say the blue tint helps with yellowing........ha.

It does actually.. for those who actually wear their shoes, you'll notice that the yellowing doesn't SPREAD, it only stays in the area that consistently is touching the ground / dirt. For those that have theirs DS, the only thing that you have to worry about is around the pods because of the glue under the sole I think (which has nothing to do w/ the blue tint).

Wore my pair again today and the outer sole that is actually visible when looking at the shoe is still blue and icy.
pimp.gif

Oh yeah..............HA.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by kingofkingz

They say the blue tint helps with yellowing........ha.

It does actually.. for those who actually wear their shoes, you'll notice that the yellowing doesn't SPREAD, it only stays in the area that consistently is touching the ground / dirt. For those that have theirs DS, the only thing that you have to worry about is around the pods because of the glue under the sole I think (which has nothing to do w/ the blue tint).

Wore my pair again today and the outer sole that is actually visible when looking at the shoe is still blue and icy.
pimp.gif

Oh yeah..............HA.
grin.gif

I wore mine 4 times then sold'em. Mines stayed icey. Ha.

I have a deadstock pair that has never been tried on or worn. It is sitting in the box in the closet away from light, heat or extreme cold and the bottom is slightly yellowing. The soles are pretty terrible imo with the CG XI.

Back
Top Bottom