Armando Galarraga, Tigers, robbed by Jim Joyce

I learned all I needed to know about Jim Joyce on that play.

You know you're a genuine !+%* when you make that call. Even if he was safe, how do you call him out on out 27 of 27 of a perfect game?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Even if he was safe you have to call him out. It's a Perfect Game, a bang bang play has to go to the pitcher.

Nah, to many PG's  takes  away from it's greatness
ohwell.gif

The best part was that I definitely seen Joyce tell Cabrera to "quit his *%@#%%% whining"
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is beyond comprehension as to why Joyce wasnt even LEANING towards calling him out... It was as if he had made up his mind to call him safe all along. I can't believe Leyland didnt argue more and get himself ejected... What a travesty...

That call really wasn't even close... My God you gotta feel bad for Galaragga... That's unreal.

I can't remember having such a high of highs (Jackson catch) to such a damn low (the blown call) in such a short period of time in a baseball game!! !*+@ was unreal!! Thank you NT for making this thread
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

I still can't believe that just happened. Jim Joyce can never set foot in Detroit again.

If that's the case, Jim Joyce may be the happiest person on Earth.

What the hell happened?

EDIT:

Just saw the replay.

indifferent.gif
 @ that ump.

not surprised..... jim joyce is one of those self-centered umpires that think that people go to a ballgame to watch him umpire.....

Selig has to take that ball and put it in Cooperstown. Give Gallaraga and asterisk in the record books if you have to. That was a Perfect Game.

I just saw the replay of the 9th inning on the MLB network... UMPs have not been good this year, where's the instant replay? seriously...

I just saw the replay of the 9th inning on the MLB network... UMPs have not been good this year, where's the instant replay? seriously...

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Selig has to take that ball and put it in Cooperstown. Give Gallaraga and asterisk in the record books if you have to. That was a Perfect Game.

Yes.

Joyce seriously needs to be fired if he's isn't murdered on his way out. Seriously, it's detroit, he will NEED help geting to his car, i wouldn't even feel bad...

thats some bs... i hope they can petition that and change it to a perfect game... sounds suspect but its the right thing to do because of the blown call

Back
Top Bottom