Arrested Development Appreciation Vol. > 30 Rock or The Office

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

its better than anything ever created. so unique in its presentation and storytelling, the common folks of america are simply too stupid to truely comprehend what is being shown or had been shown.
this. definitely in the top 3 funniest tv sitcoms of ALL TIME. I LOVEEEE AD sfm! I really hope the movie happens.

Always wanted to see Arrested Development and The Office but never got around to see either or...

*puts on flam suit*

flame_suit.jpg

Can anyone give me a good episode from each show so I can download through iTunes? I still have some money left in my iTunes account.

Arrested Development is a GREAT show, but you have to invest time before you really start enjoying it. It'll be a few episodes.

The best humor comes from getting to know all of the characters and their nuances, since most of the jokes play off things about the character and/orbuild from previous situations.

That's why most people who checked for the show don't like it, since they probably didn't stick around long enough for things to sink in.That's probably the reason it didn't fare well with the average viewer.

If everyone were forced to watch the entire first season, 9 out of 10 would probably say it was better than The Office. I personally think it's better thanSeinfeld too. The payoff and reward is much higher than any of those shows.

Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm are equal for me. Both are the best of their "genre", if you can even lump them together like that.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Arrested Development has the sharpest, most self referential writing of all time. The more you watch, the funnier it gets. It works terribly on a network like FOX, where viewers might tune in one week and not the next, but for true fans of the show the hilarity is nearly unmatchable. I think there were maybe 2 bad episodes ever of AD (one being Save Our Bluths, which was intentionally ridiculous).

People calling The Office better than AD have either A) never watched AD, or B) only watched it once or twice and never fully appreciated it. The Office is a decent show, but nowhere on the level of AD. It has funny moments, but usually they are standalone jokes. AD never jokes, it creates funny situations and has funny characters. I strongly agree that The Office was better before they started leaving the actual office. Season 2 of The Office comes very close to AD. It is not really similar to Always Sunny, but I enjoy that show as well. The comedy style isn't identical, but both rely on character interaction to drive the humor.

Cosign. AD was always on a completely different level than anything else (except for Curb Your Enthusiasm) and that's why it suffered a premature death.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Always wanted to see Arrested Development and The Office but never got around to see either or...

*puts on flam suit*

flame_suit.jpg

Can anyone give me a good episode from each show so I can download through iTunes? I still have some money left in my iTunes account.

Like someone said, it's not that kind of show, which is one of the reasons why it got canceled. But once you know the characters it is absolutelyhilarious.

Check the Name and Avy. Hands down the funniest, smartest, sharpest show ever. seinfeld, 30 rock and the office are all good, but NO WAY can it touch AD. therehas never been a show like AD and never had there been characters like that on TV. I can recite almost every episode by heart, and its just like simpsons andseinfeld where you can quote it every single day.

More proof that Tobias Funke is the greatest television character ever

oh and Always Sunny is hot garbage

WATCH IT HERE FREE:
http://www.hulu.com/arrested-development
-click on season 1 and go to page 5 to start at the beginning..... FREE VIEWING for the best comedy in decades.. what more can you ask for?

I have the dvds but still watch it on hulu when I dont have the dvds around. Start from episode one and invest atleast 10 episodes... The amazing part aboutthis show is that you can watch through the end of season 3 to its finale, then jump right back to the PILOT and season 1 and rewatch the show at which pointyou pick up on and realize "new" subtle jobs in regards to the characters.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I loved this show, have all the seasons on DVD.
pimp.gif

TE.......MO......CIL.

TEMOCIL!

The sexual tension between George Michael and Maeby was
laugh.gif

There's no "I" in Temocil
[+]
At least not where you'd think
wink.gif

AD's replay value >>>>>>>> Water

The subtle humor was
pimp.gif

George Michael: "Was Aunt Lindsey ever pregnant?"
Gob: "Oh yeah, dozens of times"

Very good television show, though I do not think it's as complex as people infer. I think with any good comedy show it takes time and dedication to fullysubmerge yourself in the characters and the continuity of the show. Saying you have to watch several episodes of AD before getting into it is unfair to othershows because I think it's the same thing with shows like The Office and so on. I won't argue about which is better, I love both AD and The Officeimmensely.

Also, the episode parodizing Charlie Brown is my favorite.

"Hey! Where the F*** are my hard-boiled eggs!?"
Then takes the Charlie Brown ashamed walk
Good stuff.

It is more involved than The Office because there aren't just callbacks and plays on character tendencies; stories are often built around little nuances.The Office is more outright and simplified.

not just nuances.. the whole series is about getting the older bluth figure out of prison.. its an ever developing show where story lines progress. its muchlike a heroes tv drama but involved with comedy. Curb has a little bit of that.. but other comedies out there are so scatterbrain with their storys andepisodes. 1 30 minute episode is a complete story for those other shows.. here each episode is like a chapter of a much larger story.

whats not funny about it? serious question. i know a few others that dont like and it know exactly why. just wondering

I don't know if it's been said, but why does one have to be better than another? You know that'll end up starting arguments instead of just simplyshowing love to Arrested Development. Can't we just enjoy them all?

best comedy show ever ..... tobias and gob ... hilarious, actually whole cast is pure gold

close are seinfeld, curb, office uk .... also alot of other brit shows are great .. black adder, monty python, red dwarf.

tobias with his analrapist, hair plugs, blue man ... gob with his magic show on girls with low self esteem ... classic

hmmm........I still gotta take Seinfeld over AD. Seinfeld has replay value. I STIlLL laugh at most of them, and I've seen every episode numerous times. Ididnt start watching AD till I caught part of a marathon this past Thanksgiving on G4. I've since bought the DVD's and although the shows wereincredibly funny the 1st go through, theyre not nearly as funny the 2nd go round.

I'd say Seinfeld > The Office=Arrested Development=Curb Your Enthusiasm > 30 Rock

Back
Top Bottom