ARTEST RETURNS - Sacramento Kngs vs. Minny Wolves

The misspelling was on purpose, as the Kngs are still missing one of their starting 5. Well, Artest is finally back after the 7 game suspension. This finallymeans we get that TRUE leader on the court, and maybe some rebounds as well. No assists again. Brewer's big game against us may not be as productive withArtest back.

To steal a little from the Kingsfans forum:
TDM award is going to go to Telfair.
LW-VC is going to Walker if he plays...
JHA is either Thomas or Moore.

King's new starting 5 (hopefully):
PG - Cisco
SG - Martin
SF - Salmons
PF - Artest
C - Miller
But I wouldn't be surprised if Theus brought Artest off the bench so we can get some strong bench play. Hawes has been impressive thus far, but we wantbigger minutes. Douby needs to learn from his name. Puff, puff, pass. Cisco, please remember, 4 other players. These guys, in the same jersey as you, they areyour teammates. Learn to use them once in awhile. Martin, keep doing big things, be more aggressive. Got to learn there's more things to do then touch theball and shoot. You tend to fall asleep when Cisco is hogging the ball. Salmons, OMG, consistent. I may finally bless you with that J you so want, Mr. Ohn. Ifwe get the Miller of old from the last time we played these guys, there could be hope. Woss or Lin, (hopefully Woss), we want this to be a good game.

T-Wolves:
(If someone from Minny can fill this info part in, or would like to comment, please do so so I can edit my post. We need a good balance in these team threads)

Biased NBA preview, mostly going to be about Artest and then about how much the Wolves have been struggling to come up when posted:

Kings-Timberwolves Preview

By DAN PIERINGER, STATS Writer

Posted Nov 13 2007 9:30PM

Ron Artest has been the center of a lot of controversy over the last several years, and he started this season on the bench because of it.

Artest, though, has completed his seven-game suspension and will make his season debut Wednesday when the Sacramento Kings visit the winless MinnesotaTimberwolves.

The NBA suspended Artest for seven games after he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor domestic violence charge stemming from a March 5 dispute with hiswife. It was the latest in a string of incidents for Artest, who was also suspended for 73 games and the playoffs - the league's harshest punishment everfor a fight - for his role in the infamous brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills early in the 2004-05 season, while playing for Indiana.

Despite Artest's behavior, he's one of the most valuable players for the Kings (2-5), who have struggled early this season with several of their topoffensive options sidelined. In addition to Artest, point guard Mike Bibby hasn't played this season because of a torn ligament in his left thumb. Heunderwent surgery in late October, and is expected to return sometime after mid-December.

On Monday, the Kings were also without Brad Miller because of a bruised right quadriceps. With three of its five projected starters sidelined, Sacramentofell 117-93 at Utah.

"I've said this before - we're not just playing for tonight," Sacramento coach Reggie Theus said. "We're playing for two weeksfrom now, a couple months from now when we get all of our horses back."

The Kings' only two wins this season have come against two of the league's three winless teams. They beat Seattle on Nov. 6 and Minnesota (0-5) onSaturday.

The Timberwolves are still searching for their first victory since beginning their rebuilding process by trading 10-time All-Star Kevin Garnett to Boston inthe offseason. They have opened this season with their worst start since they lost their first six games in 1994-95 - the season before they draftedGarnett.

Minnesota had a one-point lead with four minutes left Saturday, but was outscored 12-4 the rest of the way to lose 100-93 at Sacramento.

"The ball simply bounced their way tonight. It seems like it has happened a lot to us lately," said Wolves coach Randy Wittman. "Through allof these games it has been about the little things that are not getting done."

Despite the early struggles, Wittman has been encouraged by the hustle from his young team. Al Jefferson, acquired in the Garnett deal, is averaging 19.6points and 12.4 rebounds - both career highs.

"We fight. We play hard and we share the ball. I see positives despite everything," Wittman said after Saturday's defeat. "We didn'tshoot very well, but we keep battling. We just have to find a way to score points to win the game."

The Timberwolves will look to rebound at home, where they've lost 10 in a row since beating Portland on March 25 of last season. It's their longesthome skid since dropping 14 straight between the 1993-94 and 1994-95 seasons.

Artest averaged 18.0 points, 8.3 rebounds and 3.8 steals in four games against Minnesota last season as the Kings and Wolves split the season series.

Yup, I called it.

PG - Cisco
SG - Martin
SF - Salmons
PF - Artest
C - Miller

Wait, is that Cisco FRANCISCO Garcia?

Eh, I don't see that happening, unless Theus wants a line-up of guys averaging a height of about 6'7''-6'9''
laugh.gif

Kevin Martin is one of my favorite players in the league and I'll be rooting for you guys vs the Wolves.

I also want the Wolves to stay winless until the Warriors get their first win
laugh.gif

Eh, I don't see that happening, unless Theus wants a line-up of guys averaging a height of about 6'7''-6'9'

Yeah, you're laughing, but that's been our startling lineup thus far, and yes, we used that lineup on our pounding received by you guys as well.C'mon Minny fans, give me some insight.

Hey! It was a decent game the last time they played. The worst of the worst sometimes make exciting games. Sometimes.

Beno Udrih should not take more than 3 shots a game. Dude STANK IT UP vs the Jazz. Francisco is playing good but keep the ball hogging to a minimum. Basicallyeverything what PKBallr said is true...

Yeah, you're laughing, but that's been our startling lineup thus far, and yes, we used that lineup on our pounding received by you guys as well. C'mon Minny fans, give me some insight.

I'm not laughing, but that's a very big starting five, and with that said, speedy PG's should kill the Kings, not like the T-Wolves have any, butjust saying in general.

Bean-O
Martin
Artest
Moore
Miller

I guess Theus is trying to go with a more traditional lineup. SMH, and all that work Salmons put up, just to be relegated back to the bench. I'm disgustedby this. We need a woss tonight. Maybe then, that will finally shake things up. This false hope is killing me.

^Thanks. I'd rather see Beno playing point that Garcia. And I don't think Salmons is a competent PG either, so since he's not better than Artest orMartin, I think that lineup is just about right for the moment. No way we play small with our horrendous rebounding game. I'd like to see Hawes workhimself into Moore's spot but he still has a lot to prove.

smh.gif
the kings couldnt get a rebound to save there life iwant to see more Douby
pimp.gif
he did good in the 2nd quarter

Is Salmons time going to be cut off since Ron Artest returned? I think the Kings need to put him and Artest in the lineup.

Garcia
Salmons
Martin
Artest
Miller.

That would be a potent starting lineup for the Kings to win some ball games.

Garcia
Martin
Salmons
Artest
Miller

DO IT REGGIE....Seriously, how u gonna relegate Cisco and Salmons to the bench after busting they!!$* for you in the beginning....

can we get some team sacramento kings sigs going on or what?

So far our most productive players have been Kevin, Cisco, and Salmons. Artest adds some toughness, nice to see him back. Everybody else is just there notdoing what they need to be doing. Brad Miller looks lazier and lazier every game, everytime he gets the ball he just starts to panic. I hope JustinWilliams' whole situation gets sorted out, we need him to start!

Here's the problem I see with the Kings:

They're not going ANYWHERE for a long time.

Even if you're a fan, you have to admit that Sacramento is not a very desirable place to play unless the team is good. Because of this, they're notgoing to attract any big-name free agents that will change the team.

Furthermore, if they don't improve, those talents that are on the roster already will leave when their contracts are up. Salmons can help a solid teambecome even better, and he likely knows it. Bibby, Artest, and Miller will all leave when given the chance unless they're traded first. The only one thatis left around is Kevin Martin.

The only solution:

They need to get young guys that are progressing at the same rate as Kevin Martin so that they all blossom at the same time. They'll all become good atonce, and then they'll be able to attract a solid FA like they did with Vlade.

Back
Top Bottom