Artist denouncing the realities of our world through illustrations Vol. MORE ARTS ON PAGE 4

And I was jus thinking about how NT been falling off...

Thank you op and everyone here

View media item 682401

My interpretation is that the frontiers and rural areas are increasingly being settled and urbanized. A natural setting like the beach now has storm drains on it which shows how human influence is impacting natural settings so that they're no longer truly natural.

I thought it meant, the ocean is filled with sewage and trash because of humans

I think that the Pig with the butterfly wings comments on plastic surgery. The surgeon is holding a mirror. It means that those wings won't make the pig beautiful, because it's still a pig.
I thought this one had to do with transgenderism. A pig cannot naturally have wings, but now with modern surgery, a woman can have a "penis" and a man can have have a "vagina"

^^^ look more like drains similar to a pool. hence making the natural more "urbanized". i see where ur coming from tho

The great things about these drawings and political cartoons in general is that they cover serious topics using a medium that is easy to swallow.

This thread is making me proud to be a niketalker. I'm impressed at some of the philosophical interpretations. I was gonna come through and makea , but yall beat me to it.

This to me, is further proof of the importance of art to and for our society.

I learned this at a young age thanks to my mom. Art, well done, is of first importance for society.

Glad you guys like the post, i didn't think the thread would make 1 full page to be honest :lol:

POST MORE if you have 8)

nthat.gif
 and 
mean.gif
 for being sadly true.

I think that the Pig with the butterfly wings comments on plastic surgery. The surgeon is holding a mirror. It means that those wings won't make the pig beautiful, because it's still a pig.
I thought this one had to do with transgenderism. A pig cannot naturally have wings, but now with modern surgery, a woman can have a "penis" and a man can have have a "vagina"
I never even thought about it like that. Dope interpretation. 

Yea a lot of those I don't even have the patience right now to break down the meanings behind them. The ones I got immediately are extremely dope :pimp:
This. All of the ones I could make out were just about spot on too. Thanks for sharing, OP :smokin

As far as the picture at hand i think it just a symbol for everything Black america has faced in terms of mental slavery and material possessions. there are people out there (not just black) who will risk jail time due to an addiction to these expensive things whether clothes, homes, cars, vacations etc etc.... so although we're no longer chained literally we are chained to a thought process that makes us believe these trivial things are important.

True

Clever. I assume the artist remains anonymous, unless they want Jason Bourne knocking at the door.

Good looks, man. Was hoping my response would invoke a name.

Ballsy and brave. Risk comes with the trade, and a bold statement.

Putting a Band-Aid on a mortal wound.

They clean the oil off of the surface of the ocean, make it look pretty again and satisfy everybody. Make you think they did their job to clean it up, when all they really did was sit there, clean the visible part and make it look as if they got every little drop out..

Last edited:
View media item 682389
hmmmm

It's a tree being forced to grow in a desert.

It's not natural. We (Humans) go out of our way to go against the grain and force things that aren't supposed to be?

View media item 682434
You can put a fancy tablecloth on the table, add a glass of wine, put it on a plate and have the correct silverware, but it doesn't change the fact that you're eating a filthy pig.

We disguise our food and make it seem more elegant and meaningless, like their isn't a sad story behind it. Hide the truth of our food process.

An animal enjoying life and then we take it's life so that we can enjoy it......with a glass of wine lol..

EDIT - I have no idea about the Loch Ness / Boob one.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
people that like NT thick women are as crazy as people that think the lochness is real? 

Back
Top Bottom