Artists That Changed Their Style Up For The Worst

co-sign with most of the names mentioned

Banks lost it after Hunger For More and when he stopped the Money In The Bank series :smh:

Kanye is just a trend hopper at this point and makes nothing with substance or a theme anymore like he used to

Eminem *sigh* he went pop then tried to come back and it just doesn't sound the same. Ever since "Forever" it seems like he's trying TOO hard to fit a million punchlines in his verses

Juicy J just needs to get back with DJ Paul, he abusing Lex Luger now :x

Why is he trying to get his Chris Brown on?  lol a lot of corny s**t going on in hip hop lately.

Truth.

Anyone saying Kanye...did you just completely forget about MBDTF and WTT. Dudes cant come out with a party single anymore??
mean.gif

Cant really defend that GOOD music album tho.
Have you listened to his features within the past year or so? 

WTT sucked. Had that album came out after CD they would have talked a lot less about how muhc money they have and ****. Jay-z does not say one thought provoking thing on the entire album.

You can respond how you want to this but WTT sucked. plain and simple. It is very forgettable music besides a few tracks.

WTT sucked. Had that album came out after CD they would have talked a lot less about how muhc money they have and ****. Jay-z does not say one thought provoking thing on the entire album.

You can respond how you want to this but WTT sucked. plain and simple. It is very forgettable music besides a few tracks.
Name 3 albums that year better than it.

Name 3 hip hop colloborations better than it.

Thought Provoking? Guess you didnt hear Murder to Excellence/New Day. What registers as thought provoking with you? Cause things dont have to the be about struggle and dispair to be thought provoking.

Just
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
Im glad yall said WTT was average/wack. It wasn't a good cd at all. Gotta rep yall for that. people used to kill me for saying that album sucked.

back to the topic. Hands down it was Lil Wayne . He switched styles and gang affiliations.

"The Joy" >>> everything else on that underwhelming mess of an album. The content far outweighs the production on there. Badly.

Yeah I definitely thought WTT was wack. Nothing from that album gets any play anymore.

Jay put out a CLASSIC with American Gangster. I really believe that's the last good album we'll hear from him.

What were two rappers with statures such as Ye and Jay supposed to rap about?

Name 3 albums that year better than it.

Name 3 hip hop colloborations better than it.

Thought Provoking? Guess you didnt hear Murder to Excellence/New Day. What registers as thought provoking with you? Cause things dont have to the be about struggle and dispair to be thought provoking.

Just
indifferent.gif
I liked the Carter IV, Royce da 5'9 success is certain, All 6's and 7's Tech N9ne, Bad meets Evil  Em & Royce, The Game R.E.D  and  Capo Jim Jones more then WTT.

Last edited:

Y'all crazy mentioning Ye . . . He does do verses like Birthday Song and I Don't Like (which IMO he does because that's where music is at in 2012 . . . if you look at his interviews from the Graduation era, he says that he likes for his albums to be time capsules for the period of music that it came out in, which is why Wayne and T-Pain were the only features on Grad in 2007)  . . . but y'all must have forgot about songs like Gorgeous, The Joy, New God Flow, New Day, Made In America, Murder To Excellence even The One from Cruel Summer . . .

Kanye would not have the influence he does if he kept making speeding up soul samples. The best thing about Kanye is that his projects never sound the same as the last.

Last edited:
Flo-Rida
Pitbull

Both had decent flow, then... :smh:
It's paying the bills(and then some), so I guess I can't be mad at them.

Flo-Rida
Pitbull

Both had decent flow, then...
mean.gif

It's paying the bills(and then some), so I guess I can't be mad at them.
pitbull's "flow" didn't change

pitbull was always a "combo" guard where he could rap effortlessly in english or in spanish.

da spanish swag is definitely paying da bills so i aint even mad at him whatsoever.

SHYNE PO

i rocked wit shyne hard..i remember my unc used to play his debut 24/7 when i was younger..

godfather buried alive went hard..had me anticipating his release and what not...

sad what my man has become...

"dear america, im only what you made me....young, black, and f'n crazy..please save me"

never will get back to that sadly...diddy be taking dudes souls

For real what happened to Flip? Did the T.I. beef hurt his career that much? Dude disappeared so fast

As far as popularity, the T.I. beef, plus the usual label push-backs did him in. He's still eating good (very good from what I see and hear), but mainstream stuff is a thing of the past.

As far as his flow/style, I really don't know what happened. Him going from this:

to this:

....is damn near appalling. He does rap about a lot more stuff, and his content is pretty underrated now, but he just doesn't sound like he used to. Of course I don't expect rappers to sound exactly the same at 18 that you would at 31, but his decline in flow/style is just so evident :smh:

For real what happened to Flip? Did the T.I. beef hurt his career that much? Dude disappeared so fast

As far as popularity, the T.I. beef, plus the usual label push-backs did him in. He's still eating good (very good from what I see and hear), but mainstream stuff is a thing of the past.

As far as his flow/style, I really don't know what happened. Him going from this:

to this:

....is damn near appalling. He does rap about a lot more stuff, and his content is pretty underrated now, but he just doesn't sound like he used to. Of course I don't expect rappers to sound exactly the same at 18 that you would at 31, but his decline in flow/style is just so evident :smh:

this is the lil flip i choose to remember. when that boy was the freestyle kang.

and i still stand by my juicy j choice. homie went from being all dark (occult)/coked out/gangsta/crunk ****, to this we trippy mane strip club party (not crunk) type music. i can see where you're coming from cuz on the surface he seems the same (drugs/party), but the vibe is totally different. back in the day i might have been shook from them 3-6 boys, now that dude seems all happy go lucky. (nothing wrong w/ him being in a better place and his music/attitude reflecting that just liked the old style better)

dj paul for example is still the same as back in the day imo. pimpin, drugs and horror movie samples (well not so much the movie samples but you know what i mean).

Last edited:
and i still stand by my juicy j choice. homie went from being all dark (occult)/coked out/gangsta/crunk ****, to this we trippy mane strip club party (not crunk) type music. i can see where you're coming from cuz on the surface he seems the same (drugs/party), but the vibe is totally different. back in the day i might have been shook from them 3-6 boys, now that dude seems all happy go lucky. (nothing wrong w/ him being in a better place and his music/attitude reflecting that just liked the old style better)

dj paul for example is still the same as back in the day imo. pimpin, drugs and horror movie samples (well not so much the movie samples but you know what i mean).

DJ Paul ******g sucks *** now the fact that he's doing the same thing doesn't make him any better.

DJ Paul ******g sucks *** now the fact that he's doing the same thing doesn't make him any better.

never said dj paul was the man, only that he hasn't veered to far off his original lane. and i used him as an example because he was in a group w/ j. but how does paul suck since you brought it up? i mean he was never gonna win verse of the year or anything but he plays/played his position well.

other than the updated fake lex luger/trap beats, how is this any diff than tear the club up dj paul? imo it still has that gangsta, underground, dark vibe 3-6 is known for

Back
Top Bottom