ARTWORK

^ nice
pimp.gif

A few paintings I've done recently. Starting to take them to further abstraction.
4ij4vp.jpg

3354l06.jpg

2jco5h.jpg

This is dope, any advise on how to get started.. Did you take a formal class or something??

thats a painting i did as a homecoming present for my dude when he got back from iraq for the 2nd time. Its acrylic on a 4x3ft canvas. (thats him in the pic,not me) His favorite movie is 300.

Edit: the lighting is odd in the pic. the gold i used for the sheilds in metallic so its reflecting in the pic as well.

I'm an old school grafitti writer so i decided a while back to practice 3-d's so this was my first one. actually i think this was back in 98.

75515a9930e74f61707b709d3df23b8633f3471.bmp
im in the bottom. 1 character done by me the other by myboy.
c9d257d9bc303ef242363c65c98f0f9c8c949ff.bmp
this was my first one. hope this is in the right post. lol

bce25009de38ae934cf6868ff76bfcf1c918a82.jpg

this is a sketch i did fo rmy boy angel who wants to use it as a tattoo. this is my actual style.

thanks ya'll.
@heyson - it's plain old gouache. Been experimenting what I can do with it, usually use oil, but I was curious what can be done with it since it dries alot earlier. And I had paper left which needed to be used.

@Jontheedon - I've been learning to draw "professionally(=taught by teachers)" for about 3,5 years seriously , but I've been sketching sincea pretty small age. painting is something I never learned and in my opinion it's soemthing you have to figure out yourself to see what direction you wantto go to and then you're best off by finding a teacher(this is the hard part). I got lucky, started to paint and went off in a cubist direction and at anart camp I was taught by a pretty famous painter who used to be a cubist now he does supretamism mostly. Whatever the point is in painting if you ask me isafter you have your drawing basics and you can can draw, then just let it come out and paint whats inside. And then show it to teachers cause regardless ofwhat the ylike the most they'll be able to give you good advice, on which direction to take your art. And the most can be learned from the great masters,thats where I got most of my "knowledge" look at old masters,Michaelangelo, Delacroix, manet, Monet, van Gogh, Picasso, Dalí, Modigliani, Kokoschka,Pollock, van Koonig , contemproray artists and so on. Look at their works go to a local museam, study them from books. How they use the brush, paint,composition and so on. Copy them choose which ones you like most mix their styles and eventually you'll end up with your own style I suppose thats how itshould work. same goes for materials, start with cheaper paints explore what gouache has to offer acrylic then maybe oil which is far more expensive, butoffers qualities the other types dont. Draw, observe and then experiment thats probably the best advice. hope I could help, feel free to ask any otherquestions.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

thats a painting i did as a homecoming present for my dude when he got back from iraq for the 2nd time. Its acrylic on a 4x3ft canvas. (thats him in the pic, not me) His favorite movie is 300.

Edit: the lighting is odd in the pic. the gold i used for the sheilds in metallic so its reflecting in the pic as well.
pimp.gif
Props.

The bottom and top and the whole structure is based on ellipse'. When drawing an ellipse a horizontal line cuts it in half, that means that both sideshould be on the same horizontal line. Here's a pic:
28rjfir.jpg

Whatever is on th two sides of the black horizontal lines should be the same. And the vertical line slices it into 2 and the distance between the edge on theleft and the right should be the same. Ellipse' are hard to draw, they need a lot of practice.

Had no idea this thread existed as I dont venture over in this section often.
Inspired by All Star Vinyl art.

Sherron Collins

Thanks!! Its Illustrator all day everyday for me. I'd like to get to the same level in PS - I just started taking some stuff from Illi to PS to addtextures and blends.

Back
Top Bottom