Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle (album cover and tracklist).

Real Solid Album

Fav Song Is "La Di Da" Don Cannon Killed That Beat

Lion's Roar
pimp.gif

Blunt Cruisin
pimp.gif

As I Em
pimp.gif

His Dream
pimp.gif

Fallin
pimp.gif

The Lounge
pimp.gif

Dopest album I've heard in a while and dude is one of the most humble & positive guys esp. for only being 23. I bought the album day it came out - Iliterally haven't bought a cd since 2003. I suggest to anyone who is a fan, watch his interviews! They made me understand him as an artist and person a lotmore - I gotta support real talent.

if you listen to this album and think its solid ..... ... ... ...... i dont understand your taste in music

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

if you listen to this album and think its solid ..... ... ... ...... i dont understand your taste in music
Correct. This was not a good CD. His subject matter is awful...his rhymes are nothing special...and the beats weren't that good.

People thought "Bad Day" was a good song? I respectfully disagree.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

went out and bought the album.

thats how you should know the album is nasty. I've bought like 10 CDS since 2004...this is one of them.

Asher Killed it!
i think that this says more about the piss poor quality of hip hop over the last 5+ yrs than the perception that this album is actually good

I'm still really feeling this CD... if you arent liking it... go back and listen to Rick Ross rap about nothing but cocaine

Go listen to Soulja boy

People saying his subject matter is lame

He's being himself, not making stuff up, and just having fun with it.. real laid back, wahts not to like

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm still really feeling this CD... if you arent liking it... go back and listen to Rick Ross rap about nothing but cocaine

Go listen to Soulja boy

He's being himself, not making stuff up, and just having fun with it.. real laid back, wahts not to like
dont get me wrong ill take asher over ross, soulja boy or any other rapper cut from that cloth any day of the yr but when a dude like asher getsto the level of popularity hes at now besause, "He's being himself, not making stuff up, and just having fun with it" rather than his actualabilities as a rapper, i think thats a bad sign

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Go listen to Soulja boy

dont get me wrong ill take asher over ross, soulja boy or any other rapper cut from that cloth any day of the yr but when a dude like asher gets to the level of popularity hes at now besause, "He's being himself, not making stuff up, and just having fun with it" rather than his actual abilities as a rapper, i think thats a bad sign
A) I think he is a very talented rapper
B) what does the rest of anything you said even mean? I"m pretty sure that the SugerHill Gang or Run DMC or anyone that listened to rap back then wouldlook at Ashers craft and just go
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
at this dude. I mean the most most important thing about being a rapper ishaving fun and being real, and he has that in spades. Thats why people like Joe Budden won't pop off. I don't care how "lyrically gifted" youare Charles Hamiliton...won't pop off Corey Gunz won't pop off. Look at the most popular and talented rappers out right now 'Ye, Jay Wayne they popoff because they are still having fun with it Nas never gained that much fame outside the hip hop world after 2000 because he made rap into a "Job"instead of having fun. I swear hip hop fans today don't know what they want. They Praise older dudes such as Wu-Tang becasue they got here first but if youlisten to them like you listen to these new dudes you guys wouldn't have the same opinion.

N E Way check the sig
and Asher Roth produced a very good album.

i don't see why some people are so adamant over people liking this album

of course, i know the obvious reason, and that's pretty sad.

It's for the sake of consistency. People like A because of reasons b,c,d yet when E comes along and fulfills b,c,d for some unknown faculty people hate onE and still praise A

B) what does the rest of anything you said even mean? I"m pretty sure that the SugerHill Gang or Run DMC or anyone that listened to rap back then would look at Ashers craft and just go
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
at this dude. I mean the most most important thing about being a rapper is having fun and being real, and he has that in spades. Thats why people like Joe Budden won't pop off. I don't care how "lyrically gifted" you are Charles Hamiliton...won't pop off Corey Gunz won't pop off. Look at the most popular and talented rappers out right now 'Ye, Jay Wayne they pop off because they are still having fun with it Nas never gained that much fame outside the hip hop world after 2000 because he made rap into a "Job" instead of having fun. I swear hip hop fans today don't know what they want. They Praise older dudes such as Wu-Tang becasue they got here first but if you listen to them like you listen to these new dudes you guys wouldn't have the same opinion.

alot of these new google rappers couldnt hold stick to most members of the WU then and Now or the likes of other rappers from that era

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

B) what does the rest of anything you said even mean? I"m pretty sure that the SugerHill Gang or Run DMC or anyone that listened to rap back then would look at Ashers craft and just go
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
at this dude. I mean the most most important thing about being a rapper is having fun and being real, and he has that in spades. Thats why people like Joe Budden won't pop off. I don't care how "lyrically gifted" you are Charles Hamiliton...won't pop off Corey Gunz won't pop off. Look at the most popular and talented rappers out right now 'Ye, Jay Wayne they pop off because they are still having fun with it Nas never gained that much fame outside the hip hop world after 2000 because he made rap into a "Job" instead of having fun. I swear hip hop fans today don't know what they want. They Praise older dudes such as Wu-Tang becasue they got here first but if you listen to them like you listen to these new dudes you guys wouldn't have the same opinion.

alot of these new google rappers couldnt hold stick to most members of the WU then and Now or the likes of other rappers from that era
what does "google" rapper even mean? Is MF Doom a "google" rapper? Are these dudes any different than when Nas would read abook and recite poetry from there? Just because it's not Nikki Giovonni qoutes but instead TMNT qoutes does it make it any different in principle? Rappersalways had to look up things they vaugely remember to fight the rhyme scheme. As stated before I just don't get the hate. You got these dudes battlingspecters.

Go listen to Soulja boy

You're 100% off base.

Listen to his mixtape. Same content.

Regardless, it is exponentially better than his album.

He's singing on the album, his flow is lazy, etc.

Seemingly, he, like so many before him, has become a product of the industry. That's the only real explanation I can come up with, because the tape isgreat.

I made this thread because I expected the album to be great. It is the farthest thing from.

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

eek.gif
embarassed.gif

what does "google" rapper even mean? Is MF Doom a "google" rapper? Are these dudes any different than when Nas would read a book and recite poetry from there? Just because it's not Nikki Giovonni qoutes but instead TMNT qoutes does it make it any different in principle? Rappers always had to look up things they vaugely remember to fight the rhyme scheme. As stated before I just don't get the hate. You got these dudes battling specters.

what im saying is these new rappers that are out of the woodworks Kid cudi asher roth, blu wale and so forth and to compare them to Wu or even say that they are on the same level then and now doesent make any sense. im not saying dont be smart and all with your craft what im saying is alot of these new dudes just sound like wayne and jay for the most part and what not and todays listeners should be shot for saying that the likes of apathy > Em or Wale or Drake > any one. so with that said im not saying google rappers as in smart dudes cus i feel like im one of the smartest street style rappers ever.

The point I'm making is everyone got dudes battling specters. Like for example. I play N64 Cart every single day, I think it's better than the WiiJoint(which I'm a beast at far better than I am at N64) but I've been playing N64 for the last 13 years so naturally I'm going to think that one isbetter, but if we step back and look....is it really better? If I grade them on an equal scale is the N64 really better?
These dudes built from what the older dudes did. The production and tech has gotten a lot better, and flow...forget about it. The only thing that most of theolder dudes got over the young cats is they are established and have made classics(none of these dudes have dropped a classic yet so my argument may beinvalid) but atleast give them a fair chance.

Damn I pretty much wrote off/disliked dude from the jump up until a hour ago. He really aint that bad.

Back
Top Bottom