Asian Culture Discussion Thread

****ing disgraceful........what is this?

A STRAINER?! YOU'RE WASHING/RINSING RICE WITH A ****ING STRAINER?! WHAT?!

images.jpg

Thanks for posting news in Virus Thread.
———————————————————————

-From grandmother to father to mother.
What an effing tragedy.
:emoji_disappointed_relieved:

Thanks for posting news in Virus Thread.
———————————————————————

-From grandmother to father to mother.
What an effing tragedy.
:emoji_disappointed_relieved:
I remember when it went viral on her IG. Really sad man. I cant fathom the emotions knowing the 3 people you loved unconditionally in your life all passed away within weeks and months of each other. 😢

Read all the way to end of article.

Edit:
“After his presidency, Lee was indicted on charges of embezzling public funds, but was acquitted.
And later in life, he was criticised for his pro-Japanese colonial views, which were considered outdated.
He visited Japan's Yasukuni Shrine, which honours World War Two war criminals, and rejected as lies Japan's wartime atrocities - the Nanjing Massacre and use of so-called comfort women as sex slaves.
He also upset many Taiwanese by saying the Taiwan-claimed Diaoyutai Islands belonged to Japan.”

:emoji_thumbsdown:

Last edited:
NYC and SF.
What in the actual F.

NYC and SF.
What in the actual F.

To think these incidents happened in broad daylight in the 2 most heavily asian populated cities in the US.

Imagine what goes on in smaller cities where the asian population is even smaller.

Read all the way to end of article.

Edit:
“After his presidency, Lee was indicted on charges of embezzling public funds, but was acquitted.
And later in life, he was criticised for his pro-Japanese colonial views, which were considered outdated.
He visited Japan's Yasukuni Shrine, which honours World War Two war criminals, and rejected as lies Japan's wartime atrocities - the Nanjing Massacre and use of so-called comfort women as sex slaves.
He also upset many Taiwanese by saying the Taiwan-claimed Diaoyutai Islands belonged to Japan.”

:emoji_thumbsdown:

Pro imperial Japan. Hellllll nawwwwwww

the amount of white conservatives on twitter applauding TJs for their reversal tells me that the grocery store is definitely doing something wrong. welp, guess i’ll just shop elsewhere

but **** their bananas are so cheap

I'm a fan of a lot of their products -their bruschetta, cheeses, hell even their peanut butter puff snack Bamba's are some of the best things i've tried.

but i think i'll just take my money else where. i think the bottom line is if I believe in something or something operates against my values, I've gotta put my money where my mouth is (almost literally in this case). it's been respectfully discussed at length here how wuchi01 wuchi01 and I don't see eye-2-eye on this topic so I'll stop before we spam the thread.

I think this decision may come back to hurt TJs in the long run. if the young woman, briones bedell, decides to double down and creates another petition in the face of TJs' reversal, I could see more progressive/liberal leaning folks who were initially skeptical jumping on board now that a lot of conservative pundits are supporting the decision.

She’s a Tool and going to UCLA.

whether or not she's a tool (not sure it's necessary to use disparaging characterizations like "tool") doesn't take away from the fact that plenty of folks take issue with the individual branding of certain products. not gonna lie, I would've preferred that it was a person of color who came forth with the petition, given that they/we legitimately have some skin in the game and are the people who suffer from the discrimination. nevertheless, if white allies want to do some advocacy, all good with me.

their argument about the glorification of historical sea-trading practices is far too esoteric for my knowledge, so I won't comment on that. seems dubious, but again, i'd be out of my lane to comment on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom