Asian Culture Discussion Thread

President Zelenskyy of Ukraine wants to follow S. Korea's footsteps (more specifically Park Chung Hee's accomplishments minus the human violations) after the war is over.

IMG_5451.jpeg
IMG_5452.jpeg
IMG_5453.jpeg
IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5454.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 605
Ohtani doing big things :pimp:

Can finally start watching him again, because if I have to sit through more Angel's game next season I'd be going bald.

A part of me was hoping he'd go the Seattle route like Ichiro but he's going to be an even bigger star now playing for the Dodgers.

S. Korea needs to focus on domestic issues first like shorter work hours per week, maternity leave, affordable housing, and women’s rights within the work force.

a survey was done and most koreans are opposed to immigration if it means changing korean culture. if they don’t want that then they better focus on what i listed above.

Shorter work hours?? You must not be Korean
Koreans have the world's worst income/debt ratio due to housing & Hermes. Once the Crash occurs, cheap housing everywhere.
The new Yoon administration (& the next Han admin) will help women's rights.

CDN media

Heartbreaking letter written by Korean mother to his son during WW2 period Japanese-occupied Korea​

renderTimingPixel.png

The letter accused the Japanese government of the harsh exploitation situation at the time, saying, "Since the day after you were conscripted, the officers and the secretaries came to my house every day to search for rice and took it away, and the family members starved to death because they rationed a handful of rice." The letter says, "Your father and three young brothers all starved to death," and "I will follow your father," revealing that she wrote it ahead of her suicide. The letter continued, "Do everything you can while you are in their army to secretly destroy and destroy Japanese cannon, tanks, and planes," and repeatedly asked for revenge, "If you can't stay any longer, kill your Japanese minister, steal important documents, and run away and join Korean resistant forces or allied forces to fight against your enemy, the Japanese." The letter ended with , "Revenge your enemies. Your enemies are Japanese. April 11. Mother". It is presumed to have been written around the end of the war, as this letter was discovered along with the Korean Liberation Army's "Guidelines for Korean Resistance in the Japanese Army” in April 1945.

Back
Top Bottom