Asian Culture Discussion Thread

im filipino and i dont even really like filipino food like that

my favourite is nilaga, with a little fatty beef from slow pressure cooker, and corn

i also had some adobo with a hint of coconut milk which was pretty bomb

Last edited:
Pho is amazing. :pimp:
IMG_8958_630.jpg

My favorite asian noodles are Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup, Tonkotsu Ramen, Dan Dan Noodles.  I really need to go to Taipei and try those small sausages in big sausages

If you ever get the chance to eat fresh Kilawin na Isda, do it, It's :pimp:. I've had plenty in my life, but when i went to Palawan last year going on an island tour, there was some locals selling freshly caught fishes on the side of the road and my uncle bought a few of them. Once we got to the first island, our tour guide ended up making it for us for lunch and man, :pimp:.

Filipino food can be hit or miss at restaurants. Most restaurants are just ok. Nothing beats home cooked Filipino food.

As far as adobo. Everyone's taste different. Some put bay leaves, onions etc. There's also saucy and dry adobo. With pork ribs though...

I feel the same way about a lot of other foods though. Depends who makes a certain dish.

Homemade Filipino food >>>>

I like my pork belly adobo dry. That way all the sauce/flavor is in the meat. With LOTS of garlic and onions. And my saucy chicken adobo with ginger.

I think this is what interests me with Filipino food. You can have a common dish like Adobo, but have a lot variations of the dish depending on the region of the Philippines.

Still want to go back and document both sides of where my parents and their families grew up. (Histroy grad in me wants to do it lol)

Sorry if I hurt some feelings but

Filipino food is one of the worst asian foods

How is Filipino food the worst? It's pretty "safe" and flavorful food with a bunch of dishes anyone can eat :lol: Dudes acting like every dish is like balut.

I think every Asian country has good food, but the worst dishes in general are the ones that use that strong smelling fish sauce. Man that @#$@ is FOUL to me. My Lao friend's parents don't use it, but when I go to his relatives' houses, man, I can't eat anything there.

Last edited:
if you said filipino is ugliest looking food then I'd let you slide. aesthetically it's not the greatest 
laugh.gif

Reactions: Ube
Chinese x Spanish x Malay = Filipino food lol

It's not typical Asian food but definitely has the influence

I don't think Filipino food is culturally verse compared to say Chinese food. Granted when non asians order Chinese, it's usually beef and broccoli or a number of other safe dishes. Still though, I would think Filipino food as far as popularity amongst the masses is on the low side.

^^^^You pretty much described everyone in middle America. I went to Missouri and man, those guys don't eat diverse food at all. It's just burgers, BBQ and Budweisers.

Back
Top Bottom