Asian Culture Discussion Thread

I joined for a multiple reasons:

- my cousin recruited me, so I'm basically a legacy. I have many family members that are affiliated and even more that are younger than me
- I hung out with a diverse crowd in high school, but coming to college I was slapped with the path of finding my identity. I joined a lot of Asian clubs and Lambdas was the one that suited me the most
- I come from a family of gang members. I'm not saying I condone it. However I felt their same sense of camaraderie being part of my own fraternity

With that said joining was one of the best decisions I made in my life. Through them I was active in promoting philanthropy (Asian American Donor Program) which I continue to til today. It has no doubt been a doorway to many things I'm currently doing in my life. I live with two of my bros and we all continue to kick it long after college

Thats cool I respect that. I joined a general frat and made solid relationships with people from all different backgrounds. Then again I grew up in toronto which is super diverse.

Hmmm another sterotype that I feel is applied for Asians is they all smoke and love import cars. Although when I go to car events I do rub elbows with quite a few Asians, which is fine with me because I do love the culture.
I feel like there's some stereotypes which are harmless, such as the Asians love cars one.

The ones i really do want to change and have an influence on are stereotypes like "Asian men have low self esteem, Asian men are submissive, Asian men are socially incapable".
I get where it comes from, but at this point it's starting to feel like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Also, there has not been a single instance of someone not assuming I'm a student. I mean I do live in Boston but damn :lol:

The ones i really do want to change and have an influence on are stereotypes like "Asian men have low self esteem, Asian men are submissive, Asian men are socially incapable".
I get where it comes from, but at this point it's starting to feel like a self fulfilling prophecy.

It must be the bubble I live in....but I rarely see this in California

Julie Chen is a smart one, no?

- Came from a poor family --> started out in news/media after school --> moved up the ladder at CBS
- Homewrecked Les Moonves' (CEO of CBS) marriage, married him, and had a son with him
- Flourished with multiple shows on CBS

If I don't see an Asian chick with an Asian guy then she's with a white guy.
From here it's either Asian guy or she's an African American enthusiast. There's a couple that married a White guy & 1 turbo sloot that is getting the D from all sides lol.

Julie Chen is a smart one, no?

- Came from a poor family --> started out in news/media after school --> moved up the ladder at CBS
- Homewrecked Les Moonves' (CEO of CBS) marriage, married him, and had a son with him
- Flourished with multiple shows on CBS
She is smart....and a banana

She wants me to meet her parents. I'm not sure if they'll like me because of our cultural differences. Plus she's moving way too fast.

Not much you can do when she wants you to meet the parents. If you say no, she gon feel some type of way and feel as if you're not interested in her. Just meet the folks and be normal. If they don't like you, they don't like you. Who cares? You not smashing the parents.

She wants me to meet her parents. I'm not sure if they'll like me because of our cultural differences. Plus she's moving way too fast.
You should just let her know that you want to get to know her more and that you aren't ready to meet her parents yet.
However, you should keep an open mind, perhaps her parents are cool. If all else fails, just mention you're half white.

You should just let her know that you want to get to know her more and that you aren't ready to meet her parents yet.
However, you should keep an open mind, perhaps her parents are cool. If all else fails, just mention you're half white.
Yea I don't know bro. I'm not really trying to get serious with her yet. She's cool, but I'm not really at a point in my life where I'm ready to settle down, meet parents etc. It sounds mad selfish, but I just like kicking with her without all the extra ish. I'm not trying to have to put on my best impression to meet her parents when I don't know how long this will last. She said she's been in an interracial relationship before, and her parents were cool with it, but that was many years ago, from what she's told me. I've heard from a friend that knows her family, that her pops is very possessive and stalkerish when it comes to his daughter. Lol. We'll see...

Yea I don't know bro. I'm not really trying to get serious with her yet. She's cool, but I'm not really at a point in my life where I'm ready to settle down, meet parents etc. It sounds mad selfish, but I just like kicking with her without all the extra ish. I'm not trying to have to put on my best impression to meet her parents when I don't know how long this will last. She said she's been in an interracial relationship before, and her parents were cool with it, but that was many years ago, from what she's told me. I've heard from a friend that knows her family, that her pops is very possessive and stalkerish when it comes to his daughter. Lol. We'll see...

Why is she your gf is you just tryna pretty much kick it?

Trust your instinct man that's all I got to say
You know what you want to do...don't feel bad about it.

What are you guys thoughts on Julie Chen? She had double eye lid surgery back in the day because she was viewed as "too asian" and wasn't gettin any love in the tv world. Her parents supported her fully and were even "proud" of what she did.

Whats Chinese peoples fascination with white folks?
I just like white girls, hence my wife being white.

Dawg read between the lines, he just wants to bang her out for a couple months, not marry her lol

I get that, but how he started it off made it seem like he was interested in the chick. Just got an asian gf, any tips? :lol:

If it's nothing serious, just say no and all that you said about how it's too quick.

I get that, but how he started it off made it seem like he was interested in the chick. Just got an asian gf, any tips? :lol:

If it's nothing serious, just say no and all that you said about how it's too quick.
Timid probably never had a Asian girlfriend before :lol:
Dawg must have been shook at how fast they invite you to their parents

I know that feel
My ex wanted me to meet her parents within 2 months :rofl:

Why is she your gf is you just tryna pretty much kick it?
I got kind of thirsty and thought the only way for me to smash was to wife based on the vibes she was giving me when we first met.

Timid probably never had a Asian girlfriend before :lol:
Dawg must have been shook at how fast they invite you to their parents

I know that feel
My ex wanted me to meet her parents within 2 months :rofl:
This, my first time having an Asian gf. It caught me by surprise :rofl:. I almost feel guilty meeting her parents because my intentions with their daughter are kind of naughty. Smh.

This, my first time having an Asian gf. It caught me by surprise :rofl:. I almost feel guilty meeting her parents because my intentions with their daughter are kind of naughty. Smh.
Let me you into a little secret....most Asian women when they get into a relationship look to marry....so they will introduce you to their family real quick to see how they approve of you. That's why my parents always try to drill in my head to do chores for the girl's parents whenever I'm at their house like wash their dishes after dinner, clean the table, set it, etc., or at least offer you can do it so you don't look useless and that "you were raised right by your parents"

So play your cards right Timid....I would advise to just be honest with her, would not want you to encounter a scornful family, let alone the girl you are currently banging out.

Let me you into a little secret....most Asian women when they get into a relationship look to marry....so they will introduce you to their family real quick to see how they approve of you. That's why my parents always try to drill in my head to do chores for the girl's parents whenever I'm at their house like wash their dishes after dinner, clean the table, set it, etc., or at least offer you can do it so you don't look useless and that "you were raised right by your parents"

So play your cards right Timid....I would advise to just be honest with her, would not want you to encounter a scornful family, let alone the girl you are currently banging out.
True, thanks for your input. I'm gonna play it smart.

Thats cool I respect that. I joined a general frat and made solid relationships with people from all different backgrounds. Then again I grew up in toronto which is super diverse.

Likewise fam, I know several people in the general ones too. We all go different routes, the respect is mutual. At the end of the day you get what you put into it, and networking is a big part of that too

Back
Top Bottom