Asian On Asian Racism? Have You Experienced Or Witnessed It?

Went to a HS that was majority asian, easiest way to rustle a Korean person's jimmies is to call them Chinese :lol:

I haven't read everything in this thread so mind me if I am repeating something.

The hate among the Asian community is no different than any other race. There are so many different categories that it's hard to overall say all Asians are racist. I am half Chinese and half Japanese but am pretty much 2nd generation since my parents came really young. I don't think racist is the word but I do get a lot of grief for not speaking either or language from more cultured Asians.

I also feel like there is a hierarchy system within Asians and even Pacific Islanders. I have heard some people think Cambodian, Filipino, Vietnamese, etc as the ghetto and more dumb Asians. Hell, I think most Koreans feel like they are the best Asians with the pride they have. But honestly I don't think this is any different then how it is in white culture and even black culture. This could even be a combination of both race and class. Some Asians (I wouldn't even say most) want the best and sometimes what they deem is the best is what white culture consist of. Anyways....I don't think there is a clear cut answer to this whole thing.
Whole hierarchy system thing seem to exist with my parents and not with the american born asians.  I just know my one of the reasons my parents and I still don't get along to this day is because my kids are from white women and they only believed in chinese with other chinese on some real archaic ****.  

BRUH

Growing up I never knew why my mother wanted me to use that skin-whitening soap
mean.gif
Recently took a trip back to the PI for a wedding and all of my cousins didn't want to step out into the sun before the ceremony in fears that their skin will get darker
eyes.gif
Yeah, your moms a sellout
roll.gif
. But that's how a lot of people are. You should see with Black folks. The darker you are, or if you got a fat nose, fat lips, they'll clown your *** and call you ugly. Then you got a light skinned person with the White features and they worship them, then go on about Black power
eyes.gif
. Friend of mine, dark brown, growing up his people never complimented him, soon as he gets a half sister who looks white with blue eyes, everybody is saying how beautiful she is and specfically emphasize on her blue eyes. "The darker you are, the realer your problems".

BRUH

Growing up I never knew why my mother wanted me to use that skin-whitening soap :smh: Recently took a trip back to the PI for a wedding and all of my cousins didn't want to step out into the sun before the ceremony in fears that their skin will get darker :rolleyes

Yeah, your moms a sellout :rofl: . But that's how a lot of people are. You should see with Black folks. The darker you are, or if you got a fat nose, fat lips, they'll clown your *** and call you ugly. Then you got a light skinned person with the White features and they worship them, then go on about Black power :rolleyes . Friend of mine, dark brown, growing up his people never complimented him, soon as he gets a half sister who looks white with blue eyes, everybody is saying how beautiful she is and specfically emphasize on her blue eyes. "The darker you are, the realer your problems".

The want for white skin isn't because of western culture, it's because of Asian culture. It's an ASIAN standard of beauty, not western.

For the half Asian, half White guys on here(particularly those with an Asian mother and White father), what has socializing/dating been like for you? There seems to be a plight many of you guys experience: http://www.reddit.com/r/hapas/

Issues with how family members treat them, Asian women rejecting/ignoring them for White guys. Seems like there is a lot of resentment towards Asian women for some of them.

Has anyone here noticed this?

Last edited:
For the half Asian, half White guys on here, what has socializing/dating been like for you? There seems to be a plight many of you guys experience: http://www.reddit.com/r/hapas/

Issues with how family members treat them, Asian women rejecting/ignoring them for White guys. Seems like there is a lot of resentment towards Asian women for some of them.

From my experience many girls have the belief that white/Asian mixes make the best looking. Babies

BRUH

Growing up I never knew why my mother wanted me to use that skin-whitening soap :smh: Recently took a trip back to the PI for a wedding and all of my cousins didn't want to step out into the sun before the ceremony in fears that their skin will get darker :rolleyes

Yeah, your moms a sellout :rofl: . But that's how a lot of people are. You should see with Black folks. The darker you are, or if you got a fat nose, fat lips, they'll clown your *** and call you ugly. Then you got a light skinned person with the White features and they worship them, then go on about Black power :rolleyes . Friend of mine, dark brown, growing up his people never complimented him, soon as he gets a half sister who looks white with blue eyes, everybody is saying how beautiful she is and specfically emphasize on her blue eyes. "The darker you are, the realer your problems".

The want for white skin isn't because of western culture, it's because of Asian culture. It's an ASIAN standard of beauty, not western.

Word to Sammy Sosa and the black women doing the same...:lol: :rolleyes. I guess Asians share the some of the same standards of beauty as western society when it comes to skin tone *shrugs*

Last edited:
BRUH

Word to Sammy Sosa and the black women doing the same...:lol: :rolleyes. I guess Asians share the some of the same standards of beauty as western society when it comes to skin tone *shrugs*

The reasons are different though.

In Asian culture, lighter skin = lived/worked indoors = wealthier. Darker skin = work outside = poorer. It was a reflection of their labor status. It goes back centuries.

A lot of what's being said in this thread is pretty different than my experience growing up (in NYC Chinatown/SoHo area). (All things said below are my personal experience and should be taken with a grain of salt).

When people are saying that when you don't speak Chinese in a Chinese restaurant you get worse service in Chinatown?? Helllllll nah. I speak fluent Chinese and if I go with a bunch of Asian people I have to flag people's ***** down for every little thing. I noticed when I started going with my non-Asian friends waiters would come up to us all the time and asked if everything was okay. People seem to just revere white people more.

A lot of Chinese people don't like to help each other out (Japanese and Koreans help each other out a lot). I feel as though Chinese people don't have that unity and prefer being the only successful one out of group and like to stunt on each other.

Asian girls thinking white dudes are gems is one of the trillest things said in this thread. When I was younger this wasn't really the case, but now I'm 23, I have all these Asian girl friends that say **** like "It's not that I would never date an Asian guy, it's just that they are never good looking". Every time an Asian person dates out of the race people are like "Oh ****tttt nice nice nice", no matter how mediocre the person looks. Like one of my friends started dating this super mediocre dad bod 24 year old dude that looks like hes 35 and she thinks hes hot as **** (they met on Tinder).

I don't know how mainland Chinese people feel about other races, but I think Chinese people that immigrated to America generally don't hate other races. Cantonese people in Chinatown do feel some type of way towards Fujianese Chinese people though because they mass immigrated to NY and started crazy price wars in Chinese areas. I think a lot of the older generation still fear Black dudes though due to the media (and a lot of crime that was done in the 80's - 90's to Chinese shops outside of Chinatown were from Black dudes), but with our generation I don't think Chinese people really give a ****. 

Some older Chinese people still hate Japanese people, but of the hundreds of Chinese people in NY I know, only one has ever really said anything about it. I've been to Japan with my parents and they are cool with it, my dad actually used to work for the Japanese and knows some of the language.

Chinese Americans and Chinese immigrants love Korean ****, but Koreans hate everyone. I didn't really understand the differences between Asians until I was about 7, my mom used to always invite my Korean friend over to my house after school to play, but his mom would always decline and say he was busy. I found out from him later that the only reason he wasn't allowed over was cause his mom hates Chinese people.

But yeah, there's a lot of self-hate that Asian Americans have towards themselves cause of mass White media. I love myself though, no homo.

TLDR:

- Chinese people probably don't hate you

- Chinese people don't help each other out on the basis of being Chinese

- If you're White you get better service at Chinese restaurants than me

- Koreans hate everyone

- Lots of Asian Americans feti****e White folk
This is odd

This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting two Asian women in Chinatown. While we were hanging out, they were a little bit more than comfortable with Asian jokes. While one was interested in me, the other had a white boyfriend. I was left a little confused about their slight racism, seeing that they were Asian themselves. The Asian spectrum is very vast, but until this weekend, I thought Asian-Americans were helpful to each other regardless of cultural background or nationality. 

Is there a such thing as Asian-American privilege within the Asian community?
LOL at thinking Asians having harmony with each other

In fact, most Asian groups got beef, since ancient times.
Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Filipinos tend to divide because of WWII and previous reparations.

Now Asian Americans, no matter what cultural background, are mostly united, barring a few differences. Privilege in the community though? Not with the old-timers. Those guys don't like Asian Americans that especially appear to be "bananas".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Did you ever watch District 9? Notice how the gangs were Nigerian despite the fact that Nigeria is 6.5 THOUSAND miles away from South Africa :rofl:

Yeah none of that surprises me. Many Nigerians pretend they aint even Nigerian when the leave Nigeria. Me and my dad be telling everyone we Ghanaians. :lol:

Im only NIgerian by culture not nationality but I know born and raised Nigerians who dont care to go back anytime soon.

LOL dont listen to this guy.

NIGERIA :pimp:

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/10/over-10000-nigerian-doctors-in-us/#.VZMNQXpVhBc

over 10,000 Nigerian doctors in the US :pimp:

Nigerians are also one of the top ranked most educated immigrants in america.

The food, the culture, the women, the lifestyle :pimp: :pimp:. How did i almost forget the super eagles :pimp: :pimp:

You and all you basketball american wannabes are banished!

jk we welcome all brothers and sisters :pimp:

Nigerians are very nice people from my encounters.
Shame that they have had corrupt leaders in their native country.

TLDR:
- Chinese people probably don't hate you
- Chinese people don't help each other out on the basis of being Chinese
- If you're White you get better service at Chinese restaurants than me
- Koreans hate everyone
- Lots of Asian Americans feti****e White folk

:smokin Good points
I find the Koreans in the LA Koreatown to not be racist though, ok maybe except some of the older folk, but that's a given since they been through so much war and hate.

Last edited:
I will admit I have a dislike for bananas though

Asian versions of Uncle Tom :smh:

Last edited:
Whole hierarchy system thing seem to exist with my parents and not with the american born asians.  I just know my one of the reasons my parents and I still don't get along to this day is because my kids are from white women and they only believed in chinese with other chinese on some real archaic ****.  

I know some American born Chinese that still have that hierarchy belief within SF. Their parents just instilled that culture onto them but it's funny to hear the girls say "I like him but he's Filipino" as if it is a bad thing. But in the Bay Area, Asians are so different within our different cities. Chinese rule SF where as in places like San Jose, it can be majority Vietnamese and of course Daily City is mostly Filipino. I grew up in El Sobrante/Pinole and majority Asians were Filipino and the minority Asian was Koreans. Chinese were just considered the dorks of the Asian bunch. So it get's weird in hierarchy just within each city.

From my experience many girls have the belief that white/Asian mixes make the best looking. Babies

This the one thing I detest. I know so many girls that believe this and it just rubs me the wrong way.

Is there some sort of bad blood b.t the Japanese and Chinese?

I assume because of the occupation of China

I watched a documentary on the Ainu People of Japan. Anyone familiar with the hate these people get from Japanese folks?

Ainu, First People of Japan, The Original & First Japanese - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom