Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Is it definite that the Captain Blue/Camo are GRs or how widely released they are? It didn't seem like the navy/orange GLIII were made in huge numbers and those sold out quick. If these are released like that, it could be smart to pre-order since these have been talked about for months, I could see them scooped up just as quick and resellers buying up a lot of stock.

Their value to me is higher than Three Lies, St Alfreds, etc that released lately.

THOSE NAVY/ORANGE IIIS CAN BE FOUND IN NUMEROUS SPOTS.

THEY APPEAR TO BE NOT READILY AVAILABLE DUE TO "MAJOR RETAILERS" NOT ADVERTISING THEM HEAVY.

HELL THEY SAT ON NORDS FOR A FEW MONTHS

Was just wanderin round the city today and dropped into a few spots I regular and chatted with em. Talked about the urban camos and when they'd be expecting their shipment n what they'd be charging. Turns out that end price is better than I thought cuz a couple of the places are gonna be charging 120 for em. Not rlly surprised about that, these shops know they can get away with charging an extra 20 since the hype is high for em. Said screw it and just grabbed a pre order myself since spending 20 w/ship more than a lot of places are gonna charge isn't really a big deal. Should be plenty pairs of these though when they drop, shops seem to be gettin decent sized shipments.

Last edited:
I'll wait til they just release the Camo Blues nationwide 
glasses.gif

I'd usually rep a comment like this but 2 things:

1) Retail will be lets say $100 + $8 ship from most US stores ( barring no discounts at UO etc) so in essence the price at end is just 30-40 over retail

2) Whats $30- $40 to someone who works making decent money?

Not everyone has time to be checking for releases all the time or has stores that sell asics in their area. Thats a small price for convenience if getting a shoe you were really looking forward to imo. We have all seen more outrageous pre-orders.
i don't get it, people are okay with paying this much over retail but still there is daily complaints about resellers

Was just wanderin round the city today and dropped into a few spots I regular and chatted with em. Talked about the urban camos and when they'd be expecting their shipment n what they'd be charging. Turns out that end price is better than I thought cuz a couple of the places are gonna be charging 120 for em. Not rlly surprised about that, these shops know they can get away with charging an extra 20 since the hype is high for em. Said screw it and just grabbed a pre order myself since spending 20 w/ship more than a lot of places are gonna charge isn't really a big deal. Should be plenty pairs of these though when they drop, shops seem to be gettin decent sized shipments.
Thanks for the info. You come through with useful info all the time, no need to keep creating new accounts Zedrok/Avengenator.

yeah, i just sprung for the pre order on endclothing too... that way i won't get so annoyed when i keep missing and being late on drops and they sell out... cuz they are gonna get beasted on, for sure. worse than the kill bills, i'm afraid.

if i get a chance at them for cheaper / retail, i'll just pick up a 2nd pair.

$140 shipped ain't bad, especially since that was the out the door price on the flamingos and 3 lies, both of which weren't as nice as these...

Btw hanon also has those urban camos for preorder. Little more expensive because their international shipping is higher, but they have half sizes if that's what you need. Also if you shop there remember that you can earn and apply points for added savings.

i don't get it, people are okay with paying this much over retail but still there is daily complaints about resellers
"This much over retail" $40 over retail vs $100 over retail is a big difference. Nothing is wrong with over retail if you really want a shoe but its when its unreasonable is when people complain

And as proto said if you get a chance for cheaper just cop. That way you can sell the 140 pair to someone for the same 140 and u dont lose 

Last edited:
i just think those camos have been talked about so much this year, for months now, and i haven't really seen anyone try to say they don't like them at all and they're passing... so GR or not, they're gonna get beasted on. a little over retail to secure them no matter what is worth it to me.

ya gotta remember, an asics GR isn't the same as a nike / jordan GR, much less made... and asics are the new hype beast shoe...

I THINK THEY ARE DOPE BUT IM PASSING

IM WAITING FOR THE AZTEC FROM THE PRINT PACK

BUT IF ANYTING ILL POST WHEN THEYRE AVAILABLE AT PACKERS FOR U GUYS

I live in Kansas City (moved here from Chicago for a job I accepted a year ago) there's NO CHANCE that they'll have any GLIIIs in this city, AT ALL.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm not trying to convince ppl to pre-order or anything. I'm just saying I did what I felt was necessary with my money.

Well brands have different sizing. Like New Balance UK 8 is US 8.5, not US 9. And different models of Asics have different conversions.

So I guess people don't use Google or tools that are at their disposal when doing research before they act like a smartass to somebody who is just asking a simple question. -_- 

Last edited:
undsd these the other day... first pair of GL3s, and first pair of asics in probably 20 years... Im pretty happy with em. Looking forward to adding more asics to the stacks.

They wrinkle like that :nerd: I haven't worn mine yet, but my blue and orange don't wrinkle.

Was thinking about trying to get some light grey laces for mine.

Well brands have different sizing. Like New Balance UK 8 is US 8.5, not US 9. And different models of Asics have different conversions.

So I guess people don't use Google or tools that are at their disposal when doing research before they act like a smartass to somebody who is just asking a simple question. -_- 
............... Please name the Asics models that have a different conversion..................  

wont be home until about 2-3 pm EST oct 5th... really need my first pair of asics likelihood of the urban camos selling out before then?? 

Back
Top Bottom