Ask the Barber

:lol: That may be true though. I've never really had probs with a barber pushing my line back even the few times that I got screwed up cuts. Can't get mad at the barber for reupholstering that bron bron line you got

laugh.gif
That may be true though. I've never really had probs with a barber pushing my line back even the few times that I got screwed up cuts. Can't get mad at the barber for reupholstering that bron bron line you got
I've been cutting my own hair since I was 12. My line grows in pretty decent without a cut, but I've cut dudes hair that I had to create from scratch,lol. I tried to work with what I had but damn, dudes hair line be damn near connecting to their eyebrows and shi*

Question :nerd:

I want something like Aldo Raine has in inglorious bastards :nerd:

What do I need to ask for exactly? :nerd:

If you feel like your question wasn't answered or replied please go back through the thread's pages!
It's redundant for me to post the same answer, or quote back to back.
Reading is fundamental NT FAM'!
If you feel your question was only partially answered, or want a better understanding please feel free to PM me.

i cut my own hair, have been doing so for about 3 years. as of now, i have about 3 months of growth (1.5 inches). as of late, i'm finding that my edgeups only last me about 3 days at the most. i use the andis t-outliners.  my texture is similar to usher's or kid cudi's. can anyone provide me any tips on how to make my edgeups last longer?
pics can be provided if needed.

Shave it with a razor, don't do excessively as you have curly hair and it will cause ingrown hairs.
If you go to the barbershop get it done with the straight razor.
In order it goes from more hair to least amount of hair: Clippers all the way close, Outliners, Electric Razor, then Straight Razor.

Get a T-Blade that is adjusted a bit closer. Factory setting for Andis blades isn't as close as Pro-Mate.

MrYoungMoney, I was using my Styliner II's one day, and then they started making a loud noise. I figured it needed a power adjustment, so I tried doing that, but it didn't solve it. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the lower blade was no longer moving. Is it the tension screw that needs to be loosened?

Last edited:
Are there special clippers for fades or can you just use regular ones and go down in sizes until it is faded?

Get a T-Blade that is adjusted a bit closer. Factory setting for Andis blades isn't as close as Pro-Mate.
MrYoungMoney, I was using my Styliner II's one day, and then they started making a loud noise. I figured it needed a power adjustment, so I tried doing that, but it didn't solve it. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the lower blade was no longer moving. Is it the tension screw that needs to be loosened?

Yes sir, all it is. You have the tension screw too tight.
That's what stopped the bottom blade from moving.
I hate those Black Styliners though.
Man, they are too tricky to set perfect. One side is always over than the other! :smh:

Yes sir, all it is. You have the tension screw too tight.
That's what stopped the bottom blade from moving.
I hate those Black Styliners though.
Man, they are too tricky to set perfect. One side is always over than the other! :smh:

Thanks! Yeah, I tried to set the Andis stock blade myself and I ended up adjusting them too close after 2 hours of trying. The blade I'm currently using is the Pro-Mate, but I guess the tension got out of whack.

It's not that hard to set edger blades. Just loosen them & place them on a flat surface at a 45 degree angle & then tighten. Been doing that for years, nice & sharp without cutting the skin.

It's not that hard to set edger blades. Just loosen them & place them on a flat surface at a 45 degree angle & then tighten. Been doing that for years, nice & sharp without cutting the skin.

It's much more complicated with the Styliner II than the other Andis liners.

I have both, just recently (2 weeks ago) went back to the Outliner II after using the Styliner II's for the last 3 years. I actually prefer the Styliner because it doesn't get as hot as the Outliners. Anyways, always adjusted both pair of edgers using that same technique for years. Give it a try.

Maybe you're more experienced, with 'em.
I still struggle setting them on point.
Don't sleep on those Wahl Detailers, them boys hit out the box!

Not sure if this belongs in here, but what electric shavers would yall suggest? I'm looking at the Wahl 8061 5 star shavers. Thoughts?

What's the name of this. It's kind of like a buzz cut, but not really. So I guess it's some sort of crew cut? What is it called specifically?

Last edited:
had a flat top for about 5 months of growing out ... to hard to daily maintain so i cut it ... sallys had a sale on extra strength texturizer for $3 so i bought it after getting 2 on top on a shadow fade. left it in too long and came out with a perm smfh ... gta fix it asap but i think i want to grow it out for taper fade like rudy gay has now eventually. do i cut it lower to get rid of perm & try and transition into a taper fade or just rub in doo gro to grow hair & in bout 3 weeks go in and get taper fade then... thinking i need hair to grow in even all around to fix

Back
Top Bottom