Ask the Barber

How would I go about getting this?

Trim top, 2 on the sides?

I've been growing my hair out for about a month and the length is there

been wearing a hat damn near every day, though

Grow out the top until you get the proper length and ask for a bald fade on the sides

How would I go about getting this?

Trim top, 2 on the sides?

I've been growing my hair out for about a month and the length is there

been wearing a hat damn near every day, though

I would say get a 1 faded on the sides. Ask him to show you what a 2 would like on your head, that way you can go lower if you want to.

this young dude in the hood cuts the best hair ive seen, takes mad long like 2 hours if hes cleaning your beard

is it worth the time? i mean he leaves ur cut looking sprayed on and your beard crisp as hell but for me my hair grows quick so it lasts only a few days :smh:

whats the diff between a low, medium, and high fade? I just want a 1-2 fade. What should I do with the top if I want like a fauxhawk/spiky hair at the top. My hair naturally sticks up.

Yo,

If I want to start cutting and lining up my own hair, what tools do I need and how much should I expect to spend?

Got a medium I guess brushcut and waves all around.

Last edited:
How do I get my Andis T Outliner to cut as crisp and precise as my barbers?

Aside from the difference in skill, is having your blades "zero gapped" a factor? Do barbers sharpen their blades?

Boutta try and give my self a fade

The top imma leave at like a 3 and a 0 for the sides
How do I actually "fade," it?

Should I make the line first?

Boutta try and give my self a fade

The top imma leave at like a 3 and a 0 for the sides
How do I actually "fade," it?

Should I make the line first?

Honestly, if you're not sure how to fade then don't try unless you're willing to shave your head completely bald if things go wrong. It's really tricky. I don't know how to do it either and that's why i'm losing 20 bucks at the barber every couple of weeks :lol:

Last edited:
been getting a low fade I believe 2 on top 1 on bottom if I want the same cut but I want the sides to be tapered what do I ask for? I'm at that point where I just sit and my barber already knows my cut but I wanna change the sides cuz he makes the sides "sharp" where the sides are pointed but it looks weird when I don't cut my hair for a week

I still use carrot creme, is this stuff worth it? I also use 360 wave (blue can), is that this best?

Last edited:
I still use carrot creme, is this stuff worth it? I also use 360 wave (blue can), is that this best?
Boy you better hop on this Cold Label wave. 

I don't even find a need to use their scalp better or pomades, I just stick to their natural hair oils. 

What kinda haircut is this? And any idea how he would style it? That joint is mad dark and wavy

Anyone able to help me figure out what kinda cut this is? Is it just a 1 faded on the sides? cant really figure out the back though.

^
Looks like the middle part of the back is left a little long. Probably looks like a modified mohawk from the back.

What is the name of this haircut?

How do I get it to look like this guys?

for the nate joint, just grow your hair out on the top and tell the barber give you a bald fade on the sides and back. my **** doesnt look right like that so i tell my barber to just cut it even #2 on the sides and back

as far as getting it like wilson chandler's, just rub your hands through it if you have a nappy texture and dont brush it. condition your hair like every 2-3 days tho so your **** wont be dry like a desert.

Back
Top Bottom