Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Thread Vol. Trailer Leaked

In terms of game engine and gameplay, Is brotherhood as good as AC3? I was playing ACR today and I just can't play it anymore after playing AC3. Running around is much funner in AC3 than in ACR.

Lastly, does ACB use the same game engine as ACR?

ACR followed ACB and all of the Ezio trilogy ran on the same engine.

Each to their own, but AC3 is trash compared to those games.
Thanks for the info. I watched some ign video that broke down the AC storyline because I didn't think that it would be worth it to play all those games for the storyline.

AC3 has the best engine of the series so I don't see how you can label it as trash.
Engine doesn't mean a thing when your gameplay is stale, your story is terrible, your setting is lackluster, your characters make you want to slit your throat and your sidequests/filler are unnecessary.

My apologies if people actually enjoyed AC3, but to me that game was a steaming pile of dog doo.
915748c656d08a96c462f59861cce718bc55758f.png

Not surprised AC is getting hated on, that's what NT does best after all
laugh.gif
. AC3 was my least favorite main character wise, but other than that I really enjoyed it. I like the DLC episode that they recently released as well. I can't wait for 4 to release.

Has nothing to do with hate. 3 was the most underwhelming game of last year. The setting of the revoltuion was poorly used. His effect on the war was little to none. How did they not include the crossing of the Delaware among others in the game? The ball was dropped. Releasing the DLC long after interest faded away didn't help after announcing it before the game released.

In terms of game engine and gameplay, Is brotherhood as good as AC3? I was playing ACR today and I just can't play it anymore after playing AC3. Running around is much funner in AC3 than in ACR.

Lastly, does ACB use the same game engine as ACR?

ACR followed ACB and all of the Ezio trilogy ran on the same engine.

Each to their own, but AC3 is trash compared to those games.
Thanks for the info. I watched some ign video that broke down the AC storyline because I didn't think that it would be worth it to play all those games for the storyline.

AC3 has the best engine of the series so I don't see how you can label it as trash.

Engine doesn't mean a thing when your gameplay is stale, your story is terrible, your setting is lackluster, your characters make you want to slit your throat and your sidequests/filler are unnecessary.

My apologies if people actually enjoyed AC3, but to me that game was a steaming pile of dog doo.

915748c656d08a96c462f59861cce718bc55758f.png

:rofl:

Assassin's Creed 4: Django Unchained

For real though, they could've touched on the slavery side of things a little more. Don't think they would risk the backlash though.

I know that AC3:Liberation touched on it a fair bit, but the Vita and that game are both trash

This needs to happen!

Yeah... I only played 1, 2, and 3. 1 was meh, 2 was amazing.. and I've hardly touched 3 since buying it the day of release.

ill get it when it hits $10. AC games always lose value with the quickness.

Is it me or are they pushing these Assassin's Creed games out really fast? I swear 3 just came out

Is it me or are they pushing these Assassin's Creed games out really fast? I swear 3 just came out

they want to release an AC game annually like sports or COD. :x :smh: .......Don't they realize people will get burnt out from all this AC in such little time. :smh:

Last edited:

they want to release an AC game annually like sports or COD. :x :smh: .......Don't they realize people will get burnt out from all this AC in such little time. :smh:

Can you blame them? They keep selling million+ copies with incremental upgrades each game. AC III had the longest development cycle, was still ****, and sold 12 million copies. Can't hate on Ubisoft cashing in on all those suckers.

So they already gave up on the character from AC3? This new assassin and pirates of the caribbean game doesn't look that good.

Wasn't a big fan of the Naval missions in 3, might grab this eventually when the MSRP drops.
I downright loathed the naval missions my first go around. My second time through the game I upgraded everything on the ship and applied the proper tactics to each mission (weapons / strategy). I really enjoyed it after I knew what the hell I was doing.  I guess I'm a sucker for the franchise because I have no problem with Ubisoft releasing a game annually. 

So they already gave up on the character from AC3? This new assassin and pirates of the caribbean game doesn't look that good.
Its still the same family.

AC1: Altair

AC2: Ezio

AC3: Connor and Haytham Kenway

AC4: Edward Kenway

I honestly believe that they're running out of ideas... Pirate? Really?? Hopefully, this game covers why Haytham betrayed the Brotherhood and went to the Templars.

Engine =/= gameplay. The gameplay just went down as the series went on. AC1 was trash, but I still played and beat it cuz I got AC2 first so I did it for the sake of the story. AC2 was fantastic. Huge step up from AC1. AC2 wasn't bad, either. The one map thing kinda bugged me a little, though. Revelations was a good couple steps back from AC2 and ACB. One thief mission, one mercenary mission, no Romanie mission, no races, no beat-up missions, one Secret Lair, no horses AC3 took a HUGE step backwards from the past games. AC3 was a HUGE step back from all the previous games. They got rid of pretty much all of the side missions. No upgradable armor. Got rid of traveling by hook wire, which was a life saver. No notoriety-less outfit. NO BANKS!!!!! WTF!! Not even being able to pick up hookers to lure guards. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hated the maze tunnels to find a fast-travel location. I can just go on and on, but you get the idea.

Its still the same family.

AC1: Altair
AC2: Ezio
AC3: Connor and Haytham Kenway
AC4: Edward Kenway

And to think they released after ac2, brotherhood and revelations, and after ac3, liberation on vita. Thats a lot of ac games in a short period of time.

I honestly believe that they're running out of ideas... Pirate? Really?? Hopefully, this game covers why Haytham betrayed the Brotherhood and went to the Templars.
From what I have read they had this planned since 2011 and since it was so different than the story-line of AC 3; the developers decided to release it afterward. The story is going to primarily focus on Edward Kenway, who's Haytham's father. I don't think we will find out in this installment why Haythem turned traitor.

Back
Top Bottom