ASU frat suspended "Offensive MLK Party"

frat boys are some of the douchiest people imaginable

I went to Penn State and couldn't stand the frats; I loved to take their girls :lol:

Last edited:
I love how certain posters whenever something happens. They decide to displace blame on others for some of their races actions. As if we caused their racism. As if all of us think alike.

Instead of writing it off as ignorance, they defend their actions. It really just exposes you and your thought process.

We don't care about MLK Day?

What about the hundreds of marches that occur across the country?

And I suggest you actually talk to some black people, because many of us have complained about fliers. So stop comparing the two.

What's the difference?

So it's ok for blacks to take a nice **** on MLK but let's start a riot if another race does?

***** that's whats wrong with most of y'all in the first place, stay wanting respect from the white man instead of your own people. I'm 10x more upset at the flyers then that stupid party.

Wrong with most of ya'll?

Who are you?

I think it's absolutely shameful the black people in this thread ok with this because some morons of our own race made ridiculous flyers. "blacks don't take this day seriously, so why should whites?" You should be embarassed to ever have something so stupid leave your mouth. The fact that the comment has multiple reps is even worse. I see NT returning to the halcyon days of immaturity and stupidity with these new young posters.

What's the difference?

So it's ok for blacks to take a nice **** on MLK but let's start a riot if another race does?

***** that's whats wrong with most of y'all in the first place, stay wanting respect from the white man instead of your own people. I'm 10x more upset at the flyers then that stupid party.

Who said it was ok? how narrow minded are you to take a small sampling and make that the whole? do you know who does/did that? so we have some bad apples so we should give up on equality? do you think these problems didn't exist (more than likely on a much larger scale) back when MLK was fighting for it? you sound so damn silly. So completely useless but i'm sure you feel like you're really saying something.

Who in the world said that those MLK flyers were ok or cool? Looks like a lot of people in this thread agree that it's absolutely ridiculous to associate MLK and his likeness to "Freedom to Twerk" type shenanigans to make profit

Last edited:
I love how certain posters whenever something happens. They decide to displace blame on others for some of their races actions. As if we caused their racism. As if all of us think alike.

Instead of writing it off as ignorance, they defend their actions. It really just exposes you and your thought process.

And I suggest you actually talk to some black people, because many of us have complained about fliers. So stop comparing the two.
just out of curiosity, do you think those fliers were designed by non blacks? for non blacks?

there's ignorance on both sides bruh, no shots.

All of this! Plus those parties with the flyers got SHUT DOWN because of the outrage, it was all over the news in various cities. so we/ america takes the day very damn seriously.

Especially here in Georgia and Atlanta so maybe your backwards town does'nt give two flips about MLK day but dont let your ignorance get the best of you

I mean....

lets be serious for a second.

View media item 758294

View media item 758289

View media item 758288

^ should be FAR MORE offensive than that party...

LMAO at anyone mad.

Blacks don't even take the day seriously so why should whites?

Y'all quick to say racist and they so blatant but I'm honestly not mad.

We the ones keep setting the standard.

[thread="581014"]Stop it bruh [/thread]
[thread="581014"]You telling me some ignorant promoters making some corny posters to promote a party = blacks not taking it seriously and thus makes it cool to throw parties were you dress up as caricatures of blacks and drink from watermelon cups? :lol: [/thread]

Neither is cool. That's the point.

:stoneface:

Other frats have done this before but I still have the same reaction.

Last edited:
That was the entire point, and King Koopa and other like minded individuals missed that. "Explain" :lol:. Something that simple and obvious shouldn't need an explanation

I feel like this is the same reason why white people can't use the N-word (with the A at the end) and are called racist but black people can. Ignorance with this is more than just with blacks and whites. It's with ignorant people that happen to be black and white or any race for that matter. I really just think certain people are that dumb and have no clue what they are doing.

What, what does black people using the N word have to do racism?

I don't use the N word...why should you use it?

Why do you want to use it? It will improve your life or something?

I think it's absolutely shameful the black people in this thread ok with this because some morons of our own race made ridiculous flyers. "blacks don't take this day seriously, so why should whites?" You should be embarassed to ever have something so stupid leave your mouth. The fact that the comment has multiple reps is even worse. I see NT returning to the golden days of immaturity and stupidity with these new young posters.

No knowledge of self

I mean....

lets be serious for a second.

^ should be FAR MORE offensive than that party...

LMAO at anyone mad.

Blacks don't even take the day seriously so why should whites?

Y'all quick to say racist and they so blatant but I'm honestly not mad.

We the ones keep setting the standard.
[thread="581014"]Asu Frat Suspended Offensive Mlk Party/30#post_19621513​[/thread]
[thread="581014"]Asu Frat Suspended Offensive Mlk Party/30#post_19621513​[/thread]
Neither is cool. That's the point.

Last edited:
Saying "we mock our own culture, so why can't white people" makes no sense.

For example, my fam is from southern Portugal while many of my cousins are from the north. We talk @#$% and make jokes about each other, but at the end of the day if someone who doesn't belong to our ethnicity/culture starts making reckless comments about either region, we will check them immediately.

Also, dressing MLK up in hip hop attire is not the same @#$% as mocking all black people by wearing basketball jerseys, sideways caps, throwing up gang signs, and eating watermelon. One is a tasteless way to get people to come to the club , the other is disrespecting and mocking an entire race

For some reason, white racists are stuck in 2002 with their idea of what black people look like :lol: :smh: I can't remember the last time I saw a black person saw dressed in oversized basketball jerseys and XXL clothes outside of some @#$% hole parts of Cali

Last edited:
Dudes stay with this we ****

"Well we dont respect it.....blah blah blah"

keep that we **** to yourself dont lump me in with anyone who'd think it a good idea to mock MLK for a flyer

You already know there were a couple tokens that cosigned this garbage. 
there's tokens in this thread trying  to defend it.........word to king koopa.........yall think I get annoyed by racist white folks? nah......dudes like king koopa are the worst.......them dancing for the man coloreds 

I feel like this is the same reason why white people can't use the N-word (with the A at the end) and are called racist but black people can. Ignorance with this is more than just with blacks and whites. It's with ignorant people that happen to be black and white or any race for that matter. I really just think certain people are that dumb and have no clue what they are doing.

I think it's absolutely shameful the black people in this thread ok with this because some morons of our own race made ridiculous flyers. "blacks don't take this day seriously, so why should whites?" You should be embarassed to ever have something so stupid leave your mouth. The fact that the comment has multiple reps is even worse. I see NT returning to the golden days of immaturity and stupidity with these new young posters.

No knowledge of self

This question should always stop that argument in it's tracks.

Who said it was ok? how narrow minded are you to take a small sampling and make that the whole? do you know who does/did that? so we have some bad apples so we should give up on equality? do you think these problems didn't exist (more than likely on a much larger scale) back when MLK was fighting for it? you sound so damn silly. So completely useless but i'm sure you feel like you're really saying something.

I never said it was a whole.

Narrow minded?

So you think those flyers are the only ones? There was probably hundreds of those across the country created by blacks for blacks.

I'm in no way condoning the party but if you think for 1 sec that type of thing will stop before the flyers your delusional.

Get mad at your brothers before anyone else is all I'm sayin.

No knowledge of self

I agree. It's like when black people say they can use the N word but no one else can. Once you hear someone else saying that word even as a term of endearment, they get called out for it. I honestly think the word just just bad in general and don't believe any race should use it. No one should get a pass for it at all.

I do believe there was racial issues at that ASU party but if they got rid of the watermelon drink and the hashtags and called a hip-hop party, would they still get the same type of flack for it? Probably not as bad but I bet there'd be someone calling them a racist just cause they are white.

"....you can't love someone until you love yourself first"

so please explain to me how black people who don't even respect and love themselves, or their culture, can be mad at someone else disrespecting it?

**** makes zero sense and some of y'all can't comprehend that.

a black person, for example, will scream FREE MAX B then be up in arms over incidents like the Zimmerman verdict....  only thing that matters is the color of the shooter

white people do it too.... so this isn't a race thing... it's a common sense thing

so again, to be mad at this yet participating in culturally ignorant activities with your own people is stupid.

there's tokens in this thread trying  to defend it.........word to king koopa.........yall think I get annoyed by racist white folks? nah......dudes like king koopa are the worst.......them dancing for the man coloreds 

Yeah cuz you know me, ***** please.

And now dudes don't wanna be associated with "we".

Lmao, guess it'll always be this way.

Back
Top Bottom