At risk for Type 1 Diabetes... Vol. Damn.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

^ A lot of those symptoms are also attributed to hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), so it isn't always cause of Type 1 Diabetes.

and once again, thanks for the help and support.
smile.gif
Yeah because your blood sugar level is high before you starting injecting insuline.

Easiest way to know is just borrowing a blood sugar meter and check it yourself. Over 6 and I'd go see a doctor. If you got type 1 it's likely to be something like 25.
eek.gif
I've recently been testing and I've only been hitting 5 to 7.

Multiple times? I'm pretty certain you don't have type 1 diabetes.

edit. or at least I'm really surprised if you have it. Try to check it like 1.5 hours after a meal. if it's still something like 5 you SHOULD be ok.

Mine was 25 when I was told to go to hospital and 34 when they tested it in the hospital
ohwell.gif
I've been checking for a couple weeks now and the highest I've hit was a 9 and that was a couple hours after a party I attended. The resthave all been under that.

I'm going to have to ask the doctor what's up then, if I'm getting regular glucose levels...
ohwell.gif

Black folks and Hispanics get it quickly due to their diet. Sure does suck, but by eatting right and excerising, things will get better

Diabetes runs in my family too, nd my diet is crazy bad, nothing but fast food, sodas and all kind of *@#$ like that. SHould probably go to the doctor, haventbeen in a min. My grandma who had diabtetes never would take her shots on time, and constantly ate just as bad as she always had, which made her situationworse. If you stay on top of it you'll be fine man

I can imagine it'll be a bit of a transistion at first...but a couple months from now everything will be normal, and you will be treating your body a lotbetter. Best of luck, man.

ive had diabetes for 15 years i started out on insulin but since moved on to pills (for last 4 months) i hated taking shots but change your diet,work out &you will be ok its pretty eazy to maintain once u learn what u can & cant have & ways to have the things you love without it affecting your blood sugarthe only thing i hate doing is checking my blood sugar multiple times a day(most people check theres 3+ times day i do it around 5)

Back
Top Bottom