AT&T blocks /b (4chan)

I was addicted to AHH til they went down. Never gained interest after they came back. +@@! the "ill community" lol.

I'm thankful I don't have AT&T.

I'm rooting for 4chan, even though I hate them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

even if you are against the stuff that goes on at that site, you should look at the bigger picture. early stages against net neutrality.

smh.gif
yup we, the people, should be totally against this

there are multiple reports, but here is a post from mashable.

[h1]CEASEFIRE DECLARED: AT&T Unblocks 4Chan[/h1]
July 27th, 2009 | by Pete Cashmore9 Comments

AT&T did the Internet equivalent yesterday of poking a beehive with a stick: the company blocked parts of 4chan, the Internet forum known for its pranks, hacks and the invention of the Rickroll (see AT&T Blocks 4chan). Within hours, the site's members had begun their attacks onAT&T, including the creation of a fake rumor about thedeath of AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson with the intent to lower AT&T's stock price.
AT&T's block of areas of the site to its ISP customers looked almost certain to turn the site's massive - and often troublemaking - userbaseagainst it. AT&T confirmed the partial block to the blog CentralGadget, claiming the company was "following the practices oftheir policy department." Others questioned whether the move was even legal under FCCrules. The site was still accessible on devices using the carrier's phone service, too: it was just the ISP that blocked traffic.

Now, as quickly as it started, AT&T customers are reporting that 4chan is unblocked. Except for the fact that 4chan is currently suffering from a DDOSattack that's taken the site down in a seemingly unrelated coincidence.

Could this be the end of this bizarre turn of events? If AT&T is smart, it will be.

Originally Posted by i like shoes too

there are multiple reports, but here is a post from mashable.

[h1]CEASEFIRE DECLARED: AT&T Unblocks 4Chan[/h1]
July 27th, 2009 | by Pete Cashmore9 Comments

AT&T did the Internet equivalent yesterday of poking a beehive with a stick: the company blocked parts of 4chan, the Internet forum known for its pranks, hacks and the invention of the Rickroll (see AT&T Blocks 4chan). Within hours, the site's members had begun their attacks on AT&T, including the creation of a fake rumor about the death of AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson with the intent to lower AT&T's stock price.
AT&T's block of areas of the site to its ISP customers looked almost certain to turn the site's massive - and often troublemaking - userbase against it. AT&T confirmed the partial block to the blog CentralGadget, claiming the company was "following the practices of their policy department." Others questioned whether the move was even legal under FCC rules. The site was still accessible on devices using the carrier's phone service, too: it was just the ISP that blocked traffic.

Now, as quickly as it started, AT&T customers are reporting that 4chan is unblocked. Except for the fact that 4chan is currently suffering from a DDOS attack that's taken the site down in a seemingly unrelated coincidence.

Could this be the end of this bizarre turn of events? If AT&T is smart, it will be.
Owned

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

man i have no idea whats going on here, or what 4chan is, i mean i know what it is, but whats the hell is the termonology they and some of you are using?

nerd.gif
4chan is the internets best ally and worst enemy...that is all that needs to be said and known

Back
Top Bottom