AT&Ts return system needs an overhaul vol. I'm done with AT&T (semi long read)

seriously, no contract cell phone companys are the way to go. hopefully competition will drive the big boys to change their ways.

1) your mistake for getting a refurb. why would you want a phone someone else had issues with?

2) as soon as someone enters the store with something they bought online, it's an automatic no. don't spend your money with another party and expect commissioned employees to jump at the chance to help you... but refurbs are a no-go in stores.

3) word to whoever said it was Apple's fault.

1) your mistake for getting a refurb. why would you want a phone someone else had issues with?

2) as soon as someone enters the store with something they bought online, it's an automatic no. don't spend your money with another party and expect commissioned employees to jump at the chance to help you... but refurbs are a no-go in stores.

Originally Posted by Space DooDoo Pistols

what if getting a refurb isnt your decision? When I first got my BBerry 9700, like 2 months later it froze and wouldnt do anything. They wouldnt give me a new one, I had to get a refurb.

what if getting a refurb isnt your decision? When I first got my BBerry 9700, like 2 months later it froze and wouldnt do anything. They wouldnt give me a new one, I had to get a refurb.

Originally Posted by s dubl

that part I disagree with... I don't get why they warranty refurbs for new phones. I feel if you bought a new phone, you should get a new one to replace it. but if it helps, it's the same thing with employee devices... my Torch soiled itself and I had to get a refurb 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

that part I disagree with... I don't get why they warranty refurbs for new phones. I feel if you bought a new phone, you should get a new one to replace it. but if it helps, it's the same thing with employee devices... my Torch soiled itself and I had to get a refurb 
ohwell.gif

honestly bro they are going through their procedures you can't blame them for your ID. that's you fault for not having a valid ID. c'mon son jobs are at stake homie for private info and accounts accessed without permission.  

honestly bro they are going through their procedures you can't blame them for your ID. that's you fault for not having a valid ID. c'mon son jobs are at stake homie for private info and accounts accessed without permission.  

1. Some refurbs are open box items that people returned within the 30 day window.
2. It's not an automatic no, it was just an issue with my ID. You can return refurbs to the store. Also, what do you mean by another party? It was their company.

honestly bro they are going through their procedures you can't blamethem for your ID. that's you fault for not having a valid ID. c'mon sonjobs are at stake homie for private info and accounts accessed withoutpermission. 
I don't know if you caught my last post, but he still did things on the account without verifying my identity, he just looked at my telephone number. How does he know I didn't find/buy/steal from the person on the account? He just reactivated with a new sim and no other information.

Anyway, I spoke to somebody at premier today, who was equally puzzled about the situation. I was a little bit more demanding this time and the rep saw that they still had not processed my return, so she instantly put my refund (1-2 business days) in right there on the phone. She also reversed my account and contract (which is now correct), and apologized for the long wait after the return. I don't understand why someone couldn't do this to begin with on any of my previous calls. The whole process took less than 60 seconds. What happened to the 30 days and limited power?

I'm still not upgrading though with them at this point, though. I'm debating whether I should give verizon a try, or just wait for the 5th iphone at this point.
laugh.gif

1. Some refurbs are open box items that people returned within the 30 day window.
2. It's not an automatic no, it was just an issue with my ID. You can return refurbs to the store. Also, what do you mean by another party? It was their company.

honestly bro they are going through their procedures you can't blamethem for your ID. that's you fault for not having a valid ID. c'mon sonjobs are at stake homie for private info and accounts accessed withoutpermission. 
I don't know if you caught my last post, but he still did things on the account without verifying my identity, he just looked at my telephone number. How does he know I didn't find/buy/steal from the person on the account? He just reactivated with a new sim and no other information.

Anyway, I spoke to somebody at premier today, who was equally puzzled about the situation. I was a little bit more demanding this time and the rep saw that they still had not processed my return, so she instantly put my refund (1-2 business days) in right there on the phone. She also reversed my account and contract (which is now correct), and apologized for the long wait after the return. I don't understand why someone couldn't do this to begin with on any of my previous calls. The whole process took less than 60 seconds. What happened to the 30 days and limited power?

I'm still not upgrading though with them at this point, though. I'm debating whether I should give verizon a try, or just wait for the 5th iphone at this point.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gregbutler20

I was not able to callanyone for the entire night, since verizon landline service was down inmy area because of a storm. 

are you going to make a Verizon complaint thread as well? 

I was not able to callanyone for the entire night, since verizon landline service was down inmy area because of a storm. 

are you going to make a Verizon complaint thread as well? 

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

The thing is ATT doesn't even really have to service your iphone whether it is broken or not, because they usually send you to Apple for that and they get it from Apple who is supposed to make sure it is working. So I wouldn't even blame ATT for those things, and beyond that a lot of places require you to have a valid ID so you fail on that part.
word. ATT doesnt service apple products, its apple that does it, thats why its gonna take up to a month, you sent it to att and att is going to send it to apple.

shouldve bought new to begin with.

and its your own fault about the ID thing.
Never heard of having to deal with the ID thing.  OP did you get the standard refurb or the cosmetic damaged refurb. Ive ad the different iphone refirb purchases all in new condition no problems

Originally Posted by air max 87

Originally Posted by Mr Anleu

The thing is ATT doesn't even really have to service your iphone whether it is broken or not, because they usually send you to Apple for that and they get it from Apple who is supposed to make sure it is working. So I wouldn't even blame ATT for those things, and beyond that a lot of places require you to have a valid ID so you fail on that part.
word. ATT doesnt service apple products, its apple that does it, thats why its gonna take up to a month, you sent it to att and att is going to send it to apple.

shouldve bought new to begin with.

and its your own fault about the ID thing.
Never heard of having to deal with the ID thing.  OP did you get the standard refurb or the cosmetic damaged refurb. Ive ad the different iphone refirb purchases all in new condition no problems

Standard refurb. There was absolutely no cosmetic damage at all. It was a polished turd.
laugh.gif

Standard refurb. There was absolutely no cosmetic damage at all. It was a polished turd.
laugh.gif

1) Some are... but iPhones aren't returned for "remorse" reasons very often. Water damage, screen repair, software issues, etc. are much more likely for a refurb.
2) Maybe in your market, but the 2 I've worked in, refurbs get the big "NO." I should have clarified "a different sales channel" instead. Online orders & telesales aren't serviced in my market.

1) Some are... but iPhones aren't returned for "remorse" reasons very often. Water damage, screen repair, software issues, etc. are much more likely for a refurb.
2) Maybe in your market, but the 2 I've worked in, refurbs get the big "NO." I should have clarified "a different sales channel" instead. Online orders & telesales aren't serviced in my market.

Back
Top Bottom