At what age did you stop receiving gifts from your parents? Vol. Bday/xmas

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by kevi

my birthday I always go with my dad to a playoff Knicks game it's the only present I get but boy it's worth it
pimp.gif

So in other words you don't get gifts at all?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Seriously, they made the playoffs twice in the last 10 years.

Both stopped when I was about 14..

Til then, the most exciting moment of the year was waking up christmas morning and making a dash for the tree...sucks to wake up christmas morning and have it feel like any other day
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lfuqua3

My parents took me, my wife, my three kids, my sister, and my niece to Disney World. Paid for admission, plane tickets, and hotel. And I'm 34
My grandmother is the same way, so I don't ever see an end coming
lucky bastard 
happy.gif

I'm 31 and my parents still get me gifts.  My pops wanted to get me a new set of golf irons for my bday last year but i told him that I quit playing so they got me a new toilet instead.  I was much more stoked bout the toilet than I woulda been about golf clubs (dead serious). 

For my mothers 60th bday last year, my pops took the entire family (my siblings, me, and my wife) to Korea for 2 weeks and paid for everything.  While in Korea I was impressed by the awesome toilets that they got in all the nice hotels.  I mentioned it to my dad and BAM, next bday I had my very own badarse toilet for my house.  That thing is legit, its got a heated seat and built in bidet with temperature controlled water.  Makes me look forward to droppin a deuce now.

as soon as i came out of my mothers womb. She said the only gift I'm giving you is a healthy start at life and the rest is solely up to you.

I tell my mother just to cook for me but she always tries to hook it up with atleast a little something. Bose headphones and DVDs last xmas.

Originally Posted by kevi

my birthday I always go with my dad to a playoff Knicks game it's the only present I get but boy it's worth it
pimp.gif

so before last year U didn't get a gift in about  8 yrs huh?

birthday? probably around 16. we just go out to eat as a family. I enjoy that more.

My mom and dad still get me something small for Christmas like cologne or a nice shirt for work.

I'm 24 now

MY BDAY IS ON XMAS SO IT WAS KINDA HARD FOR THEM TO STOP GIVING ME GIFTS...I STARTED GETTING MONEY @ 13 THEN WHEN I WAS 17 THEY MOVED OUT.

This past birthday was the first time I haven't gotten a gift from my mom.  She actually forgot it was my b-day....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

25 and stuff get great stuff for xmas, bday, just because. its mutual though. i love showing love to my mom

Back
Top Bottom