Atheists: Always doing the most?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by Gucci Mane

Idk most people here are agreeing with you. However not everything is black and white. The cartoonist knew it was a risk and he did it anyway. He's as much to blame as his murderer IMO.
If you know you'll get shot for pointing a gun at a cop and you do it, don't cry afterwards when you get shot. I know its not the best example but you should be able to see what I mean. Bottomline killing him was wrong, but he knew what he was getting into.
laugh.gif

That's like saying if women didn't wanna get raped, they shouldn't walk around in revealing outfits.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
She  had it  coming.

Anton not at all. That's unprovoked aggression. There's a difference between getting jumped just because some ***#0!3$ picked you randomly in the street and you throwing up gang signs at them making them chase you and stomp you out.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

He didn't exucse it.
Any response other than, it's wrong to murder people for this reason is creating justifications for their actions.
And this is where your severely limited view of the world and your "black and white" logic becomes not only apparent but self-professed
laugh.gif

Why create the topic if the answer is YOU want to hear is just "oh ma gah you're completely right Anton"?
Exactly what I asked him a few posts ago.

Why create the topic if the answer is YOU want to hear is just "oh ma gah you're completely right Anton"
Well I shouldn't say "EXPECTED".....but wanted to hear. I gotta learn to keep my expectations of NT low when it comes to these topics. I just thought this was one thing religious and non-religious folk could agree on but I was asking for too much.
ohwell.gif
Who in here defended reacting to insults with murder?  I don't remember anyone defending such a course of action... certainly not myself.

I I wasn't criticizing Islam....I was condemning murder as a retaliation for drawing an image of muhammad, offensive or otherwise. People should be able to say/ draw whatever the hell they want without being killed for it. People are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Murder is not an acceptable retaliation. Everyone would agree with that. So what one is really doing with this movement is condemning the extremists, while also offending the real Muslims.

This whole idea of lumping all of us together shows truly how much the concept of Islam has changed. Through this movement then, you are really saying we are all extremists who defend murder.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

real non-believers don't even talk about religion, they just sit back and laugh at all the religious people who get trolled e.g. this whole draw muhammad thing

Real talk right here. Kudos.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

real non-believers don't even talk about religion, they just sit back and laugh at all the religious people who get trolled e.g. this whole draw muhammad thing

Real talk right here. Kudos.

I wonder what happens when keeping it real goes wrong for non-believers.

Anton not at all. That's unprovoked aggression. There's a difference between getting jumped just because some ***#0!3$ picked you randomly in the street and you throwing up gang signs at them making them chase you and stomp you out.
Well it takes a whole lot of bravery to stand up against such ignorance...someone's gotta do it.

Even though some opinions on religions are deemed "ignorant"

People just don't know any better. Don't yell at them, inform them...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Even though some opinions on religions are deemed "ignorant"

People just don't know any better. Don't yell at them, inform them...

Ignorance is bliss, I have no problem with blind-faith and finding comfort in a higher-being. I do have a problem when people start getting hurt as a result of it.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I'm still going to refrain from bringing race into this but I've already stated that the West and the "Islamic axis of evil" are opposite sides of the same evil. I'll just leave it at that.

http://www.theatlantic.co...3/jihad-vs-mcworld/3882/

Great article from about 18 years ago that brings depth to your point.
Good article, I like the section about the globalization of politics.

"Well it takes a whole lot of bravery to stand up against such ignorance...someone's gotta do it."

Well he's brave wherever he is. And plus I don't think he drew those cartoons because he wanted to stand up against ignorance, he did it to sell more papers. He figured he'd do thought something to get himself noticed. If he had done a cartoon about something like living conditions in a 3rd world country or whatever, then people wouldn't know about him.

"Well it takes a whole lot of bravery to stand up against such ignorance...someone's gotta do it."

Well he's brave wherever he is. And plus I don't think he drew those cartoons because he wanted to stand up against ignorance, he did it to sell more papers. He figured he'd do thought something to get himself noticed. If he had done a cartoon about something like living conditions in a 3rd world country or whatever, then people wouldn't know about him.
South Park? Not brave, knowing what happened to the Dutch guy?

I thought you were talking about the cartoonist. Besides I strongly doubt south park would have done that satire if Trey and Matt lived in Europe.

Yes there are extremists here, but this is relatively "safer". Yes I know it was in front of the viacom building but my other dude got murked on his doorstep didn't he? I still stand by what I say. If they were in Europe they probably wouldn't do it because how easily it could be to get murked at your own doorstep.

Yes there are extremists here, but this is relatively "safer". Yes I know it was in front of the viacom building but my other dude got murked on his doorstep didn't he? I still stand by what I say. If they were in Europe they probably wouldn't do it because how easily it could be to get murked at your own doorstep.
u know the islamic group that warned trey and matt was from nyc rite? about other groups within america about a possible violent reaction

Back
Top Bottom