Audi S4 Yay or Nay?

I'm looking into trading my Altima in for an Audi S4 in October for my birthday. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically with this car beside the carfax and electrical? I'm looking to get one that's an 2005 or higher because I want the 4.2 liter v8. Not sure if I want an auto or stick. Leaning towards stick though. 

I'm looking into trading my Altima in for an Audi S4 in October for my birthday. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically with this car beside the carfax and electrical? I'm looking to get one that's an 2005 or higher because I want the 4.2 liter v8. Not sure if I want an auto or stick. Leaning towards stick though. 

I'm not purchasing one with anything more that 60k on the motor. I'm pretty experienced with cars so I plan on taking the car to a family friend that works exclusively on euro cars.

I'm not purchasing one with anything more that 60k on the motor. I'm pretty experienced with cars so I plan on taking the car to a family friend that works exclusively on euro cars.

Bruh, that timing belt change is epic! I think they have to pull the motor out because the timing belt is on the back side. its like 2-3 grand.

Bruh, that timing belt change is epic! I think they have to pull the motor out because the timing belt is on the back side. its like 2-3 grand.

OP go to audizine or audiworld, NT doesnt know what they are talking about.

OP go to audizine or audiworld, NT doesnt know what they are talking about.

That v8 was available as early as 2003 on the b6 s4 and continued through 2008 til the end of the b7 s4 so you have a wide range of years. I would say get the b7 with a stick if you can. The v8 is a beast and with quattro the cars are a blast to drive in the snow or wet conditions. However as someone who has owned and been involved in the audi community dont purchase the thing unless you're extremely dedicated to it, time wise and financially. The vehicles are not cheap to maintain and once you're out of warranty things start breaking left and right. I've finally thrown in the towel and decide to go something japanese for the sake of reliability. However in a perfect world I'd get a b5 s4 with that gorgeous biturbo v6.

Back
Top Bottom