Audi S4 Yay or Nay?

That v8 was available as early as 2003 on the b6 s4 and continued through 2008 til the end of the b7 s4 so you have a wide range of years. I would say get the b7 with a stick if you can. The v8 is a beast and with quattro the cars are a blast to drive in the snow or wet conditions. However as someone who has owned and been involved in the audi community dont purchase the thing unless you're extremely dedicated to it, time wise and financially. The vehicles are not cheap to maintain and once you're out of warranty things start breaking left and right. I've finally thrown in the towel and decide to go something japanese for the sake of reliability. However in a perfect world I'd get a b5 s4 with that gorgeous biturbo v6.

Personally, I would keep the Altima instead of an S4. Seems cheaper and longer lasting.

Personally, I would keep the Altima instead of an S4. Seems cheaper and longer lasting.

rs4 
pimp.gif
.. i was just randomly looking at them on autotrader the other day bored in class

Originally Posted by pworld10

Bruh, that timing belt change is epic! I think they have to pull the motor out because the timing belt is on the back side. its like 2-3 grand.
Wow......I didnt know that.

Dude I would stick with the altima

Originally Posted by pworld10

Bruh, that timing belt change is epic! I think they have to pull the motor out because the timing belt is on the back side. its like 2-3 grand.
Wow......I didnt know that.

Dude I would stick with the altima

Yeah i've owned cars in the past that were expensive to maintain my Lexus SC400 so i'm prepared to drop some cash to get things taken car of. The Altima was used to launch my credit basically. Now that i'm established i'm ready to move on to other cars. I was thinking of just copping something cash to play with instead but i've always wanted an Audi.

Yeah i've owned cars in the past that were expensive to maintain my Lexus SC400 so i'm prepared to drop some cash to get things taken car of. The Altima was used to launch my credit basically. Now that i'm established i'm ready to move on to other cars. I was thinking of just copping something cash to play with instead but i've always wanted an Audi.

my dad used to have an 01 s4 with the v6. it was just as fast if not faster than the v8's because it had a chip in it plus it was a lot lighter than the newer ones with the v8. so fun to drive and definitely get a stick

my dad used to have an 01 s4 with the v6. it was just as fast if not faster than the v8's because it had a chip in it plus it was a lot lighter than the newer ones with the v8. so fun to drive and definitely get a stick

I suggest going on some Audi forms to see what are common issues with the S4s in the years your are looking at, otherwise you should definitely get in manual, autotragic FTL

I suggest going on some Audi forms to see what are common issues with the S4s in the years your are looking at, otherwise you should definitely get in manual, autotragic FTL

Yea as somebody says goto Audizine.

I own the B7 A4, and i will tell you this a lot of the B6/B7 S4 owners talk about the timing chain maintenance, and how they dread it.

Also if ur looking at an Auto. stay away from any Audi CVT Auto trans. tiptronic is usually solid. but expensive if it goes out. Reason i stick to the good ole 6 speed, even if i gotta order one.

Yea as somebody says goto Audizine.

I own the B7 A4, and i will tell you this a lot of the B6/B7 S4 owners talk about the timing chain maintenance, and how they dread it.

Also if ur looking at an Auto. stay away from any Audi CVT Auto trans. tiptronic is usually solid. but expensive if it goes out. Reason i stick to the good ole 6 speed, even if i gotta order one.

get one... pops has this black on black leather recaros... first time a chick has her head snapped back from the g forces u will need to clean the puddle off your leather
pimp.gif

dont know much about them other than theyre fun as hell to drive.. alot moreso than my TC anyway lol

get one... pops has this black on black leather recaros... first time a chick has her head snapped back from the g forces u will need to clean the puddle off your leather
pimp.gif

dont know much about them other than theyre fun as hell to drive.. alot moreso than my TC anyway lol

Y didn't u just ask ur "euro mechanic"?

Anyways, I would go with a B5 or B6 S4.
If u can, try to find one with the timing belt & water pump already done.
Stay away from any that were heavily modded unless they KNEW what they were doing and can provide records.
U could never do enough research on these cars as many people say they are electrical nightmares, and problematic overall, but I'm sure there are more than enough success stories.

Might be looking at an A3 or TT for my next whip purchase.

Y didn't u just ask ur "euro mechanic"?

Anyways, I would go with a B5 or B6 S4.
If u can, try to find one with the timing belt & water pump already done.
Stay away from any that were heavily modded unless they KNEW what they were doing and can provide records.
U could never do enough research on these cars as many people say they are electrical nightmares, and problematic overall, but I'm sure there are more than enough success stories.

Might be looking at an A3 or TT for my next whip purchase.

Back
Top Bottom