Average age of Jordan Collector?

23, been collecting since I was 15. I have 100+ pairs, I have sold about 30 from my personal collection though.

I'm 29 and I have about 140 pairs, collecting since 1995. I really feel like a dinosaur now.
I don't wear my kicks because I definitely feel young, when I do. I have about 60 pairs DS

I'm 38 and remember having to put down a deposit at the Athlete's Foot to make sure I got a pair of the 1s. Ordered a half size too big, but I stillrocked 'em.
Beat them into the ground and wore a hole through the bottom using my feet as brakes for my moped!

Im 27 and never have more than 30-40 pairs at a time. I've sold and gave away many pairs over the years. Sometimes i think i have a sickness. I cant stopbuying shoes, lol

Originally Posted by KidCloudKicker

Im 27 and never have more than 30-40 pairs at a time. I've sold and gave away many pairs over the years. Sometimes i think i have a sickness. I cant stop buying shoes, lol

I feel you. I'm 29 and have about 35 pairs. But its like I can't stop buying. Even if I don't buy myself a fresh pair I buy my kids ones.

The key word in this sentence is "Collector", and that, my friend doesn't have anything to do with age, but everything to do with income. Youcould be 14 years old, but if your father is Bill Gates you could have a collection that would put a 25 year old to shame. The real question should be, what isthe average age of a SERIOUS collector? And that's probably 24 and up.

I'm 31, i always had j's growing up but when i was a kid we were poor,i could not collect .I would get one pair and that was it.after one year of wearthey would be ran into the ground.as i got older when i needed some shoes i would always get j's but never more than two pairs.I started collecting abouttwo years ago when the black and silver V's came out. They where the first pair i had when i was a kid .when i saw them i had to have them.I'm olderand have the money so i got in to collecting, I'm up to 50 pairs and will never stop.

21 going on 22. Started out with nike running and adidas running back in 2002 - 2004, and migrated to jordans 2005- present. I'm sorry, i am still indisbelief that the majority of active NTers are below the age of 17. If you weren't able to see Jordan in his glory days, or even during his"comeback" with the wizards, then Jordans - in general - have no different than abercrombie & Fitch, Fendi, or even Old Navy. It's justanother fad that might die out.

I'm 25, didn't start taking it serious til 03'-04' though. Between then & now I've had numerous ex's destroy shoes or my crib wouldget broke in!!!!!

im 20 now i had about 2 pairs growin up, funny thing is the first pair i grabbed were blue 13s on sale at famous footwear, even funnier i got clowned for itcause they was old and dudes already had the new joints out, still havent got my hands on another pair of them
frown.gif

i say i started collectin though in 05 when i was gettin my own gwop. up to almost 20 pairs now.

33 been doing this since I was 9....

Picture evidence
AJ1 Blk/Red. Saw Money play a game on CBS with my dad wearing these shoes. Begged my dad after the game was over to go Houston Galleria to see if these shoeswere for sale, bought them at Sears....gotta love the skinny fit 501s...

I'm 18 years old, started when I was 17. Don't have that much yet cuz I have to buy them all from my own money.....expensive.

Originally Posted by HobbyRockswiththewhitemilk

majority of active NTers are below the age of 17. If you weren't able to see Jordan in his glory days, or even during his "comeback" with the wizards, then Jordans - in general - have no different than abercrombie & Fitch, Fendi, or even Old Navy. It's just another fad that might die out.
I just turned 30. You're right. Jordan is a fad right now with the "younger" generation. I'm not sh!!tin on you guysor nothing, but all these hybrids, team jordans, .5's, AJF, etc...was made for you guys. This crap wasn't coming out back in the day(wow, now I really feel old for saying that). Another way it's turned into a fad is because I see countless young women (teenagers) rocking them now. Halfof them don't even know what team he played for
ohwell.gif

about to turn 29, doing it since I was young and still going strong.......100 pairs deep.....

I got my boy who is 27 he has his first pair of jordans still, has only worked at shoes stores since he was young and has accumulated over 500 pairs ofjordans....

Knockin' on 31 and have been in Jordans since 85..My first pair ever was white/grey sky jordans my parents bought me from JC penney..Been hooked eversince..Had every OG Jordan model since the 1's, with the exception of the 2 and 16..But I got both of those now, so I got atleast 1 pair of every #Jordan..Can't wait for all the hype and b.s. to die down so I can get back to buyin' the good stuff for reasonable prices..Peace

17, 18 in may, about a year, i dont collect i just buy what i like, started with cool grey iiis

I am 25 and I've been wearing Jordans since 86'. From 86-2000 I wore them for style and mainly because Jordans are the only shoes my dad buy me due tohis obsession with MJ. I seriously start collecting in 01 when the retro XI's dropped. At this point I knew they were probably going to release otherclassic J's that I longed for since I was child. I won't stop until I have all the J's I want. Hybrids and anything after 23 are not included. Forme wearing J's are far from a fad it's a hobby.

Back
Top Bottom