AZ. Representative shot among others

frown.gif
RIP

Still kind of shook up about this...I, or someone I know could have been at that store.

Really puts things into perspective about safety in public.

Still kind of shook up about this...I, or someone I know could have been at that store.

Really puts things into perspective about safety in public.

I live maybe 3 minutes from where this happened. The guy who shot her, Jared, went to my high school my freshman year. The shooting took place in a pretty busy plaza that has a Safeway among other stores. Police are not letting any traffic through the area and there have been many car accidents in the area since this morning from people trying to get out.

As for Ms. Giffords she is generally well liked in the area among most people, but her liberal tendencies have really pissed off some people.

I live maybe 3 minutes from where this happened. The guy who shot her, Jared, went to my high school my freshman year. The shooting took place in a pretty busy plaza that has a Safeway among other stores. Police are not letting any traffic through the area and there have been many car accidents in the area since this morning from people trying to get out.

As for Ms. Giffords she is generally well liked in the area among most people, but her liberal tendencies have really pissed off some people.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

Stormfront is going HAM right now.

their reaction is hilarious, though the situation is not at all.
Details? I'd rather not waste my bandwidth going to stormfront

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

The narrative seems to be that they're glad it happened but would rather not have this associated with the Tea Party or White Nationalism, so its like "Yea she was a Jew liberal and she needed to go. . .but he was probably a left-wing nut planted by the Jews to make us look bad!!!" Those people make leaps and bounds of logic that could earn Olympic gold.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

The narrative seems to be that they're glad it happened but would rather not have this associated with the Tea Party or White Nationalism, so its like "Yea she was a Jew liberal and she needed to go. . .but he was probably a left-wing nut planted by the Jews to make us look bad!!!" Those people make leaps and bounds of logic that could earn Olympic gold.

Originally Posted by Jehul

StillIn729 wrote:

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I think OP just wanted to be the first to break the story on NT and didn't actually read nor care about the facts

CNN and other news outlets said she had died. 
none did when he posted it, look at the article he posted, I was monitoring all sites but like I said it's irrelevant
I didn't see any mention of her dieing either. Arm-chair (i.e. Twitter) reporters aside, all of the initial reports from the traditional news outlets mentioned that people had died but that the Senator had been "gravely wounded"

UPDATE (via Huffington Post):
  • 3:47 PM ET The judge who was killed at today's shooting has been identified as John Roll.
  • 3:44 PM ET State Senator: Giffords Through Surgery, 'Responding To Commands' Via Brian Stelter, state senator Linda Lopez tells Fox, "We just heard that [Giffords] is responding to commands. She made it through surgery."
  • 3:42 PM ET Sheriff's Dept: 18 Shot, 6 Dead, Giffords 'Gravely' Wounded. Richard J. Kastigar, the bureau chief for the Pima County Sheriff's Department, tells CNN that 18 individuals were shot and six are dead. He adds that Giffords is "gravely" wounded.

Not that any of it matters and it shouldn't overshadow the real topic at hand but

NPR and other news organizations reported earlier Saturday that Giffords had died. NPR member station KJZZ in Phoenix reported the congresswoman and six others had been killed by the gunman, based on a source in the Pima County sheriff's office.

Several outlets reported her dead.
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords survived a gunshot to the head on Saturday afternoon after being shot in the head outside a grocery store in Tucson, Ariz.

“I am very optimistic about recovery,

Originally Posted by Jehul

StillIn729 wrote:

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I think OP just wanted to be the first to break the story on NT and didn't actually read nor care about the facts

CNN and other news outlets said she had died. 
none did when he posted it, look at the article he posted, I was monitoring all sites but like I said it's irrelevant
I didn't see any mention of her dieing either. Arm-chair (i.e. Twitter) reporters aside, all of the initial reports from the traditional news outlets mentioned that people had died but that the Senator had been "gravely wounded"

UPDATE (via Huffington Post):
  • 3:47 PM ET The judge who was killed at today's shooting has been identified as John Roll.
  • 3:44 PM ET State Senator: Giffords Through Surgery, 'Responding To Commands' Via Brian Stelter, state senator Linda Lopez tells Fox, "We just heard that [Giffords] is responding to commands. She made it through surgery."
  • 3:42 PM ET Sheriff's Dept: 18 Shot, 6 Dead, Giffords 'Gravely' Wounded. Richard J. Kastigar, the bureau chief for the Pima County Sheriff's Department, tells CNN that 18 individuals were shot and six are dead. He adds that Giffords is "gravely" wounded.

Not that any of it matters and it shouldn't overshadow the real topic at hand but

NPR and other news organizations reported earlier Saturday that Giffords had died. NPR member station KJZZ in Phoenix reported the congresswoman and six others had been killed by the gunman, based on a source in the Pima County sheriff's office.

Several outlets reported her dead.
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords survived a gunshot to the head on Saturday afternoon after being shot in the head outside a grocery store in Tucson, Ariz.

“I am very optimistic about recovery,

Apparently he posted a video on YouTube about how the professors at his community college are taking advantage of him and the school is breaking the Constitution.

Apparently he posted a video on YouTube about how the professors at his community college are taking advantage of him and the school is breaking the Constitution.

Back
Top Bottom