Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

You're right. But Jimi's voice man.
Jimi is all time great. The fact he was doing both at the same damn time is judt crazy. He isnt considered arguably the greatest guitar player of all time for nothing. Jimmy Page did play a 12 string guitar with a violent bow though, that's pretty damn unique too, if u ask me.

Last edited:
In the direction this convo has taken

I recently stumbled upon this and was like 
pimp.gif

Then i found the OG and was like 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

You're right. But Jimi's voice man.
Jimi is all time great. The fact he was doing both at the same damn time is judt crazy. He isnt considered arguably the greatest guitar player of all time for nothing. Jimmy Page did play a 12 string guitar with a violent bow though, that's pretty damn unique too, if u ask me.

we're arguing apples and apples here. Music is all about personal preference. I'm white, I love Jimi and I'm just not a big zeppelin fan. Now AC/DC...fuhget about it! OY!

we're arguing apples and apples here. Music is all about personal preference. I'm white, I love Jimi and I'm just not a big zeppelin fan. Now AC/DC...fuhget about it! OY!
Yea we could really derail the thread on that topic. The title in the thread is iggy azalea vs azealia banks. And banks dogged the hell out of iggy and tip. And she had the right to in my humble opinion...which I know is ****.

Iggy fake as ****. TI been a clown in hiphop longer than he hasnt. Hopefully they go away sooner than later.

Hows schoolboy q not in there? or pusha t? that last album was 2014 right? my name is my name? Christ that albums hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hows schoolboy q not in there? or pusha t? that last album was 2014 right? my name is pusha? Christ that albums hot.
Q is in there, Not Push tho

oh nice. had to edit the album title. too much cold meds lol. just assumed q would get snubbed. shouldve checked

@ryanjumpman420
 how are you gonna feel if/when Iggy wins RAOTY over Em at the Grammys
Doubt Eminem will even be in there, but if iggy wins it will be a damn shame. a damn shame. And like Azealia Banks said she shouldn't even be in the rap category. Put her in the same class as Miley Cyrus. That's where she belongs.

This x 1000. But at the same time, would show you how truly meaningless these awards are. Its about gettin the music into peoples ears. I know an award statue is a good way but that **** is all greased palms.

@ryanjumpman420
Doubt Eminem will even be in there, but if iggy wins it will be a damn shame. a damn shame. And like Azealia Banks said she shouldn't even be in the rap category. Put her in the same class as Miley Cyrus. That's where she belongs.
Ems album is nominated bro, along with Iggys,Qs, Commons, Childish Gambinos, and Wiz Khalifas album

But either Em or Iggy is gonna win it

And i wouldnt be suprised if Iggy won, She already beat him out earlier this year at the AMA's

[h3]  [/h3]
25. BEST RAP ALBUM

[h2]The New Classic[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Iggy Azalea

Label:  Def Jam Recordings

[h2]Because The Internet[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Childish Gambino

Label:  Glassnote

[h2]Nobody's Smiling[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Common

Label:  Def Jam Recordings

[h2]The Marshall Mathers LP2[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Eminem

Label:  Aftermath

[h2]Oxymoron[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Schoolboy Q

Label:  TDE/Interscope Records

[h2]Blacc Hollywood[/h2][h5]  [/h5]
Wiz Khalifa

Label:  Rostrum/Atlantic

Ems album is nominated bro, along with Iggys,Qs, Commons, Childish Gambinos, and Wiz Khalifas album

And i wouldnt be suprised if Iggy won, She already beat him out earlier this year at the AMA's
Oh I thought u meant rap artist of the year. Not rap album of the year. She don't even deserve to be in the group period. Either of them.

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="aNYone" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/614620/azealia-banks-vs-iggy-azalea-tension-grows-iggy-responds-to-banks/480#post_22355187[/URL]"]
@ryanjumpman420

[/quote]

Man I'd love for Q to win that. He won't..and ems album is hot but his off tracks are bad as usual. Qs album got you rethinkin your life imo

I almost wanna see her win to witness the ruckus
If she wins if just goes on to prove rap really is dead. And it's become just like rock n roll which really is dead. The rap is dead that I grew up loving is dead anyway.

Last edited:
I almost wanna see her win to witness the ruckus
If she wins if just goes on to prove rap really is dead. And it's become just like rock n roll which really is dead.
Nah man it aint dead. Those awards are all bogus. You want an artist to survive go see them live. And Q in there proves it aint dead.

Eminem is 42 years old and has publicly bashed the Grammys numerous times in his songs and interviews. I belive he is only still rapping because he enjoys it and prob needs it to help him stay sober and sane at this point in his life.

Nah man it aint dead. Those awards are all bogus. You want an artist to survive go see them live. And Q in there proves it aint dead.
What i meant was and should have said was the old face of hip hop and rap that I grew up to know and love is dead. And that's already partially true since "gangster rap" is dead.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Kendricks last album didn't come out in time to be nominated for the grammy?
What i meant was and should have said was the old face of hip hop and rap that I grew up to know and love is dead. And that's already partially true since "gangster rap" is dead.

nah..its evolved. Trinidad James...2Chains...Rick Ross. No you aint got Dre and Snoop or Bone anymore but you got a lot of great artists still who were heavily influenced by gangster rap.

So because he's white it's not his talent that got him all that respect from his fellow rappers and multiple DIAMOND records and awards, and everything that could possibly be accomplished in rap music. What more can the man do?

You're not getting it my man. Listen to that verse in White America. Em says if he was black he'd probably sell half...like it's mind boggling how you don't understand that.

Dude has the lion share of Grammys, nominations, sales etc etc in hip hop history.

Everyone here knows that boy got talent. But you can't say his white privellage is not a part of his success when he said it his damn self.

And the last 5 years of him putting out pop music def to count.

Lil wayne has been putting out Pop Music since 08. Jay Z. Etc. is very fair to criticize an artist when they've been putting out subpar music for a while.

Eminem is making Pop music and getting nominated for Rap Grammys, part because he's known, part because he's talented, part because he's white.

You're not getting it my man. Listen to that verse in White America. Em says if he was black he'd probably sell half...like it's mind boggling how you don't understand that.

Dude has the lion share of Grammys, nominations, sales etc etc in hip hop history.

Everyone here knows that boy got talent. But you can't say his white privellage is not a part of his success when he said it his damn self.

And the last 5 years of him putting out pop music def to count.

Lil wayne has been putting out Pop Music since 08. Jay Z. Etc. is very fair to criticize an artist when they've been putting out subpar music for a while.

Eminem is making Pop music and getting nominated for Rap Grammys, part because he's known, part because he's talented, part because he's white.
Ok u got it man. White Privilege. I know what he said in the song. It was on his 3rd album the eminem show in 2002.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom