Bachelor Pad.

Any suggestions on a clean, simple computer desk? Eyeing this right now...

Planning on pairing it with an Eames DSR (probably in blue to add some colour) and an iMac.

Last edited:
why would it be looked down on?

i feel this thread is more about aesthetic/designs than of the living arrangements themselves. some people have the money to live on their own and cool but i dont think they define the thread.

also if you can find an unfurnished spot with your friend, you can decorate how you both want instead of walking into a situation where everything is set up by another room/housemate. 

Just wanted some opinions. Wondering how women feel about it and things like that. I just seen a girl say something like it was a problem.
Man you worried about chicks that aren't paying your bills opinion on this matter? Smh must be a rookie but youll get better. My answer though is bump em its not like your homeless or living with parents. You not going to be in that situation forever either so if they can't see past that its on them.

Any suggestions on what type of candles or febreeze/glade products I can use to make my place smell good?

Any suggestions on what type of candles or febreeze/glade products I can use to make my place smell good?
wait till jan if you have a ralph lauren flagship store in your area their decanters and scented candles go from 80 bucks to 10. also i spray a little bit of cologne in my bed linen and throws. 

Gave me an idea. My friend used to make candles. Might just hand her my favorite scents and see if she can go to work.

It might sound dumb, but keeping your place clean is a logical way to avoid smells. Change your sheets, do your laundry, vacuum, don't leave garbage out, etc.

I would usually just use Febreeze for the carpets (when I had carpet of course) or whatever floor powder before you vacuum.

I also really like this brand of candles Amazon product ASIN B001EDH01EAmazon product ASIN B001EDFPDO
I found them on sale at Publix. Soy candles should burn and last longer than standard/cheaper ones.

Any suggestions on a clean, simple computer desk? Eyeing this right now...

Planning on pairing it with an Eames DSR (probably in blue to add some colour) and an iMac.

get a table with hidden cable management,

as for the chair, youre better off with something with castors (wheels) on it, if youre gona use it as your computer chair

hth :smile:

I'm having a really tough time coming up with a theme for my place. I like so much stuff none of it will work together. For my own sake I'm going to have to hire a designer to listen to all my ideas and come up with a cohesive plan.

For example, I think these dice coffee tables are super cool and would look amazing in a loft (especially in black and white). At the same time, I'm a huge fan of what Nigo and Pharrell did with their places and I almost want to go the "pop" route and just have a bunch of colourful stuff all over the place.

Those tables look :pimp:
But I don't know about that $300 price tag each

Here's my living room and kitchen in my condo. Moved out from a 5 story townhouse loft into this because I wanted to be downtown and hated the daily commute.

^ Dope! Little cramped, but all the pieces are nice. What city are you in? How does a 5 story townhouse work? :lol:

Last edited:
5 story townhouses are dope. Seen one in south beach and another in NW DC before.

5 story townhouses are dope. Seen one in south beach and another in NW DC before.

They are all over in Houston.

First floor garage

Second is usually guest room.

Third is living room kitchen

Fourth is 2nd BR or master suit

Fifth is the master suit or terrace/patio.

^ Dope! Little cramped, but all the pieces are nice. What city are you in? How does a 5 story townhouse work? :lol:

I bought it pre construction and now just rent it to my buddies who play for the nhl team here cause it's 5 min from the rink. There am elevator. Basement, first floor is kitchen living room dining room , second is second living room with a guest room and California walk in closet room and office. Third is master bed and office and fourth is the rooftop patio. Very nice but too far as I work downtown.

Decided on this Modloft bed. 2 months to get delivered though :x

Picking up an Eames DSR replica later today:

Now for the hard part - art.

Back
Top Bottom