Bachelor Pad.

and to stay on topic. fellas, do yall like ultra modern houses? if so....

to see the rest of the rooms and house just check out -> http://www.home-designing.com/2013/10/ultramodern-sleek-house-with-sharp-lines <- sickest house ive ever seen

honestly, i want a house like this. super modern. nice clean lines EVERYWHERE. impressive all around. but i find that you cant really have a family in these type of houses. it just doesnt feel like "home" ya know? i dont know how to explain it. anybody know what im talking about?
I don't care who you are or what you look like if you bring any non celebrity woman to your home and it looks like that house

...and isn't that the true spirit of the bachelor pad?

Save the cozy stuff for the family of 4

Last edited:
I'm not too big of a fan of ultra modern houses, but these two rooms are
pimp.gif

I know just what you mean. Like it'd be nice to stay in a house like that for a while, maybe a few months, but idk about living there for years. I'd prob get used to it though
laugh.gif

edit: I actually just looked at the rest of the pics. This house is
sick.gif
sick.gif
.. I could DEF get used to it
lmaooooo @ the switch. from id prob get used to it to O_O I COULD DEF get used to it.
laugh.gif
the house is literally, the illest house ive ever seen. ever. had to cost at least 4 million for the bones. and another 3 million in furniture and design + fees for the designer. HAD to be. and EXACTLYYYYY i could have this as a vacation house maybe. something to take pics of and show off online then move out and rent it out to celebrities or something. but i cant live there for years.

I don't care who you are or what you look like if you bring any non celebrity woman to your home and it looks like that house

...and isn't that the true spirit of the bachelor pad?

Save the cozy stuff for the family of 4
LMAOOOOOOOOOO and youre right! But thats what i meant when i said "home."  this is definitely an ill house. but with a wife and yall start a family? This is not "home" but this would be the illest bachelor pad of all time. the ILLEST.

Last edited:
Decided to renovate the room ... emptied it completely ,, repainted, added a California King, and a 50" ... I need room fillers bad, even though I am a minimalist ... Any ideas? My room is a decent size, but the panoramic view makes it look smaller.
iMo... a california king is too big for the room. I see that your camera lens has given the room a slight curve in the picture so dimensions are slightly skewed. But from what we can see...the room is too narrow to have a cali king bed. you need to drop a size down to a queen to get some space in the room. it also doesnt help that your headboard is angled in that way which takes up even more room.

if you must keep the cali king...switch the headboard to something flat with clean lines. that way you can push the mattress and bed flush against the wall basically. find the matching end table/nightstand that matches the new headboard. if you can fit 2 nightstands then do it. it also looks like theres two barstools in there behind the tv. move the tv so its as close to flush against the wall as you can. move the barstools out of the way somewhere to give u more clearance at the foot of the bed. your room will look much cleaner and have a more uniform line to it. minimalism is all about clean lines and bare essentials my friend.

Moving into a townhome in just about a month:

Its much bigger than my 2 bedroom apartment now, so I will be needing to furnish it with a lot more items. We are going mid-century modern for the most part.

The first thing wifey and I copped are some dining chairs:

Vitra Eames Black DSR chairs

Thinking of getting our custom wooden slab dining table soon.

This is the second thing we copped so far:

Sapien Bookcase (not my pic, dont have one at the moment).

Next on our list is a sofa for our seating/lounge area, bar stools, and more art.

Ignore everything in here. My cousin has been living here for a while now but it's soon to be mine. Replacing everything changing the paint and adding hardwood throughout the house.

Need help with this layout though, I already have a sofa and two fairly large chairs, how would you guys arrange the three items? I was thinking either the sofa along the wall in the middle and then have the chairs side by side facing the fireplace or have a chair facing each other on opposite sides. Only thing about that is that one chair will be right in front of the fireplace blocking the view of it. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Here are pictures of the sofa and chairs, another option is just getting a sectional and leaving the couch and chairs. That's money that can be applied to other renovations throughout the house though

omgitswes omgitswes

I've always liked the look of mounting a tv above a fireplace, and then having a sofa on the left side, chairs on the right side, and a coffee table in the middle.

Something like this:

But it looks like you have an opening on the left side of your fireplace which might make things a little weird. But if not, this layout is something I really like.

Yeah it opens up to an area I'm going to use as a breakfast room. I'm not crazy about TVs over fireplaces though.

Another option I was thinking about was just having one chair along with the sofa in the living room and putting the other in my bedroom. I don't want too much stuff in my bedroom though, so I'll have to see how much space is left after I get a bed and everything else

:pimp:   

i want a murphy bed

So dope. Bed looked like it was a serious compromise though..

And I don't know how long it would take before having to transform your place for ANY activity you want to do got old. But if I'm not living in it, I love it.

@omgitswes  Usually you want to keep the fireplace as a focal point even if you don't use it so you don't really wanna block it, that's also why you see a lot of people mount a TV over it like in that pic posted.  Only thing I don't like about that is that realistically most people will be watching TV and the angles aren't ideal with how the sofa and chairs are set up, if you have 3 people over to watch something, none of them are actually facing it.

With what looks like would be the flow of traffic because of the french door to the exterior and the opening to what looks like the kitchen, I think your best bet would be an L-shaped couch/sectional that's mainly along the wall where the TV is now and the L faces the fireplace & TV.  You can still do a chair where that plaid loveseat is directed towards the couch or TV/fireplace.

If you need to use the brown leather (I'm not into them at all) you could basically do the same thing but it'd be a little awkward plus those chairs are pretty big.

Thanks man. And yeah I just talked it over with my mom this morning. The sofa and chairs were in our living room until she got new furniture and saved them for me. But I decided to go with the sectional and having the L face the fireplace like you mentioned. And she's just going to sell that sofa and chairs. Pretty sure my cousin is taking all of his furniture with him that's currently in there, I'm not crazy about any of it so that's fine with me

I'm placing a TV where the current one is right now. Just need to find a nice looking console. I'm also replacing the tile around the fireplace and switching out the wood burning fireplace for a gas. Really excited to get started on all of this. Just have to wait until my cousin finds a new place

Back
Top Bottom