Bachelor Pad.

Also, to you guys buying if you are using FHA loans do not be afraid to do a 203K. Trust me. Find something a little beat down and needed re-work for cheap and then pimp it out yourself. I have convinced a lot of clients to do this because you have instant equity in your home. Just had a girl do rework on a chinese drywall home. It is valued at 375k with the buildback she got it for 200k. 140 for the home 60k for the buildback. They just finished last month. Came out perfect. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
180 can have you in something beyond decent and nice in any major city in Texas same in g.a and Louisiana

Yeah 180 is good.

120K wouldn't get you a new home anywhere desirable IMO

You dont really look online or anything do you :lol:? 180K could get you something equivalent to 250K, with a nice amount of land. 120K can get near the same, but not the same amount of land/yard.

You dont really look online or anything do you :lol:? 180K could get you something equivalent to 250K, with a nice amount of land. 120K can get near the same, but not the same amount of land/yard.

Like I said, show examples of these brand new $120K houses. :lol:

Not in the burbs or the hood. I don't doubt it, I just haven't seen any THAT low.

Last edited:
Are you talking about brand new as in built in 2014, or been build for awhile but never lived in? If its the former, then you're right, but if it's the later, I'll send you a list of certain neighborhoods in a bit. The oldest neighborhoods will be from 2004, and the newest ones for that price or close are from 2009/2010. I don't know any new homes in the hood that are 120 though, maybe 80 :lol:

Last edited:
Also, to you guys buying if you are using FHA loans do not be afraid to do a 203K. Trust me. Find something a little beat down and needed re-work for cheap and then pimp it out yourself. I have convinced a lot of clients to do this because you have instant equity in your home. Just had a girl do rework on a chinese drywall home. It is valued at 375k with the buildback she got it for 200k. 140 for the home 60k for the buildback. They just finished last month. Came out perfect. Just sugestions.

man i remember when i was telling home owners about FHA loans back in 2007 right when the ARM was going to reset, some didn't take me seriously and lost their homes :smh:

man i remember when i was telling home owners about FHA loans back in 2007 right when the ARM was going to reset, some didn't take me seriously and lost their homes :smh:

I wasnt into real estate back then, but I saw my homeboy buy a house and his loan officer killed him man. Made him get a jumbo loan on a 500k house that he ended up foreclosing on within a year. Smh. When I became an agent I said I will always put my clients money first because that is the most important factor. Dont get a home if you cant afford it right now. thats why i suggest buying cheap and building back yourself. You can make easy money.

Detached home for under $200k? :smh:

Next time you want to complain about property prices, consider this...

This is the cheapest home in Vancouver right now. 950sqft. $650k.

edit: And to put things into further perspective, this is $998k:

Last edited:
Are you talking about brand new as in built in 2014, or been build for awhile but never lived in? If its the former, then you're right, but if it's the later, I'll send you a list of certain neighborhoods in a bit. The oldest neighborhoods will be from 2004, and the newest ones for that price or close are from 2009/2010. I don't know any new homes in the hood that are 120 though, maybe 80 :lol:

:lol:

Did a quick google search, found a few decent homes in a traditionally bad area of Dallas. High-crime surrounding area tho

This one was listed at $99K, 4 bed 3 bath

Last edited:
:lol:

Did a quick google search, found a few decent homes in a traditionally bad area of Dallas. High-crime surrounding area tho

This one was listed at $99K, 4 bed 3 bath

dang thats the hood?? looks like one of my houses now in va. and i paid 189 for it. but its in a nice little subdivison. lol

Developers have tried a few times to build good homes in low-income areas..most of the homes in that neighborhood are vacant.

That's nowhere close to the worst part of Dallas, just in a terrible location, random neighborhood in South Dallas

Last edited:
That could probably be the same neighborhood where they filmed that most recent 1st 48 :lol:. Still, I know you're baffled that you can get a home for as low as 120, in a good neighborhood, and within city limits, but you shockingly can. I'll get those to you when on get to my laptop.

I have seen what you're talking about though as far as throwing up new homes in bad neighborhoods. That's how they fool the out of towners. Like sprinkling brand new homes in 3rd and 5th Ward. It'll be like 50 years minimum before those areas could be considered livable as a whole, where you don't have to drive through there fast and can actually stay out after 8pm without the fear of being mugged.

Last edited:
This home is $200K, 3 bed 2 bath built in 2011. Huge backyard, also South Dallas.
Been on sale for 375 days.

But every house in the surrounding area looks like this

Someone is bound to jump on this :lol:

Last edited:

I would actually offer lower. The only thing that you wont see is if its a short sale and that could be the reason its been up so long. The bank takes 5 months just to give an okay we have the offer lol

Used to live there, these dmv prices make envious of what you get down there.

lol i used to live up there and that dmv money makes us envious of you guys lol. I lived in Stafford for 2 years when I was stationed in Quantico.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom