Bachelor Pad.

Anyone have suggestions on a Sofa or sectional that is modern and comfortable under $1000?

Craiglist is a good option here in DMV

People are always moving out 

X2

Some folks have a lot of money and post brand new stuff that "just doesn't work with the design"

A lot of staging companies sell older models as well on Craigslist

ADDED A FEW MORE GOODIES TO THE GARAGE. NEW MINI FRIDGE, COMPRESSOR, AND TOOL CHEST. ALSO WAS FINALLY ABLE TO REPLACE A GOOD BIT OF MY TOOLS THAT WERE STOLEN FROM MY AUNT'S HOUSE WHEN I FIRST MOVED TO HOUSTON.

Last edited:
Same here in a ATL. I found my West Elm sectional for $350. Brand new ottoman with it.

Not sure if it's just me but I could never buy any used sofas from other homes, I get paranoid with things like that. :lol:

I do love CL for buying chairs, tables, lamps, and other pieces of furniture (artwork gems at times as well)

Currently looking for a narrow table to set up as my coffee station in the kitchen :nerd:

Same here in a ATL. I found my West Elm sectional for $350. Brand new ottoman with it.

Not sure if it's just me but I could never buy any used sofas from other homes, I get paranoid with things like that. :lol:

I do love CL for buying chairs, tables, lamps, and other pieces of furniture (artwork gems at times as well)

Currently looking for a narrow table to set up as my coffee station in the kitchen :nerd:
Crazy I'm normally the same way on sofas. But this looked perfect. Spoke to the lady and she was a traveling nurse just looking to downsize. She said she never had guest so couldn't justify the purchase anymore. Practically gave it away.

When you single guys moved into your own apartments for the first time did you already have all the basic furniture you needed or did you sleep on the floor for like a week while you ordered furniture?

When you single guys moved into your own apartments for the first time did you already have all the basic furniture you needed or did you sleep on the floor for like a week while you ordered furniture?

MOVED INTO MY FIRST APARTMENT WITH NOTHING BUT A TUBE TV, OLD COUCH AND THE SAME MATTRESS I SLEPT IN SINCE I WAS 5 YEARS OLD :lol: . WORKED MY WAY UP SLOWLY OVER TIME TO WHAT I HAVE NOW.

Moved into a studio first so I bought a bed

Then when we got the 1br we got the living room furniture like a week later

I was sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor at my moms crib for like 4 years tho lmao. Do what your budget can afford and what you are comfortable with

I made sure I had the necessities...bed, TV and couch. Had those things delivered the day I moved in. The rest came later.

Had a couch, TV, air mattress and Playstation :lol: knew I could finesse the rest

I had pretty much all of the basics delivered the same day I moved in. Couch, coffee + end tables, TV stand, bedroom set, etc. The only things I bought down the road were a book shelf, computer desk, and a bigger TV.

I was under no serious pressure to move out so I saved up for everything before leaving.

I strongly suggest having an actual bedframe + mattress, folding/card table + chairs, and a couch starting out. An actual bed being the most important. Bringing girls back to an empty bedroom with nothing but a mattress on the floor is not a good look... And its very easy to get comfortable with the "Rust Cohle" True Detective extreme minimalist setup when you live alone.

Do yourself a favor and get as much as you can from day 1. Not only does it help with getting stuff that matches, it makes it easier on your guests.

Last edited:
I legit moved with only my air mattress and a TV. EVERYTHING else came later and mostly from craigslist/ikea/yard sales. Had company often too, not a care in the world back then :smh:

Went to Ikea when I got the keys to get a bed. They grabbed a 32 inch tv. I miss those days.

Back
Top Bottom